It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lockheed Martin Mystery.....

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
yep it's right there on the clock.
Aug 2.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: cmdrkeenkid

Sunday, competitors are notified a decision is reached. Monday decision is announced. That way they can have everything set up for the announcement.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
This may just be speculation, since my contact is being tight-lipped now (ever since about April of this year). But, it might look something like this:

I knew it. Its snoopy and his sopwith camel. Dr who souped it up and he will defend th eUS from Russian attack and still make it back before supper time at charlie browns doorstep.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa
This may just be speculation, since my contact is being tight-lipped now (ever since about April of this year). But, it might look something like this:

Why, what happened in April ?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62
I dunno, the well just dried up without a drop remaining. And, I am not going to press the issue. I respect them and their oaths too much to question them on the topic.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Well, I hope what they reveal is something sharp, fast and black, and not something that just floats out. That would be very disappointing indeed

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Krakatoa

Yep, fair play, we are not here to put anyones work at risk. I just thought I missed something in April !!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: nelloh62

April is when everything went to the Pentaweenies. They were supposed to have decided by April or May.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Ah right, cheers Zaph. So everyone is all zip lipped until the big reveal now. Heres hoping its something sexy then

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   

I thought contract announcements just happen when the government announces them? Not questioning your knowledge, because I'm very aware you know your stuff, but there doesn't seem to be any certain days, other than business days, that contracts are specifically announced.

Contracts valued at $6.5 million or more are announced each business day at 5 p.m. Contract announcements issued within the past 30 days are listed below. Contract announcements are also available by e-mail subscription. Go to DOD News for more information and for links to other news items.

DoD - Contracts

If it happens August 2/3, I won't be too surprised. I'm just not hedging my bets on that date specifically. Happening before the end of the fiscal year makes sense due to budgetary concerns.

Speaking of budgets, what do you make of this? I know the article is a bit dated, but I'm wondering if it's still applicable.

“If you look at fiscal 2020 as a snapshot in time (one year after the end of the FYDP [Future Years Defense Plan]), the Air Force will need $7 billion for the F-35A, $3.4 billion for the KC-46A [tanker], $2.9 billion for EELV [rockets], and $2.2 billion for C-130J [cargo planes]. I’m projecting they will need about $3.5 billion for LRS-B that year. The question becomes,” Harrison says, “can they do all of those major programs at the same time?”

The same is true for the Navy in 2020. They will need about $3.4 billion for Ford-Class aircraft carriers, $6 billion for Marine F-35Bs and Navy F-35Cs, $1.4 billion for the Littoral Combat Ship (LCS), Harrison projects, “and an unspecified amount for SSNs [attack submarines] and DDGs [destroyers]... My estimate shows they will likely need more than $4 billion that year for Ohio Replacement.”

“In both cases, I think the answer is no — they will not be able to afford all of the programs currently planned if the topline DoD budget is capped at the BCA level or the PB level.”

LRS-B, Next Boomer May Force Weapons Cuts
edit on 6/14/2015 by cmdrkeenkid because: Fixing broken link.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Oh I was talking about this specific one since you brought up it being a Sunday. In general the competitors are given at least 24 hour notice that the announcement is coming, although usually it's more than that.

I'm not hedging my bets on that specific day either, but it has to happen sooner rather than later.

There have been some changes to those numbers. Not major changes but more significant than expected. And if they do a multination Block buy that will change them more.
edit on 6/14/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/14/2015 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   

I gotcha. Thanks for the clarification.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
When the winner will be announced , and IF this Lockheed for exemple, do you think we will see the Aircraft of the loser ( in this case Northrop ) revealed too in the same time of the winner Aircraft ?

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: darksidius

Probably. Most competitions show both aircraft.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

my birthday is august hopefully ill get to see something revolutionary

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Agreed. I'll be out in the sticks with little outside access June 30 through July 20. Anything groundbreaking happens then I'll probably not hear about it.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Thanks. Now I know when the announcement will be.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I'm actually hoping they do announce it by early July.

More chances they won't try as hard to hide it when I'm in that neck of the woods and have a better chance to spot her.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

Yeah it would be nice wouldn't it.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

This aircraft is not going to be up for sale straight away is it ?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join