It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World's First Penis Transplant Patient To Be A Father!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
I wonder if they charged by the inch?

No. Its South Africa and they are on the metric system so it would cost more. They would charge by the millimeter. It's cheaper to get a new prick in the U.S. where the inch would be used. Ask for the Dick Cheney model. It has a bald head and can't shoot straight.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Aside from whose child it is, it may be his after all. And it is reported to be functioning. But....the thought of what pirates will do checking out locker rooms and body parts. Really upsets me.

The correct thing to do, is clone the parts needed. Everyone should have their organs for transplant available and their own parts capable of being grown. The technology exists.

And while we're at it, why eat a living animal, when you can clone the parts needed without the brain.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Guess what? they are going to name him/her Willie/Williemania! Groan.

This is the surgical team BTW, and whatever they gave him, it certainly caught this guys attention!

edit on 11-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

heh, if he lives through it.

I'm not so sure I believe the hype from the doctor, since many doctors have issues attaching hands, but here we are talking about a penis attachment working as it should so... who am I to not say they've made head way...

Imagine if you had a hand and penis transplant? Masturbation would then rise to the level of a wonder of modern science.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Unity_99
Aside from whose child it is, it may be his after all. And it is reported to be functioning. But....the thought of what pirates will do checking out locker rooms and body parts. Really upsets me.

The correct thing to do, is clone the parts needed. Everyone should have their organs for transplant available and their own parts capable of being grown. The technology exists.

And while we're at it, why eat a living animal, when you can clone the parts needed without the brain.

Some people eat brains!
pigs, squirrels, horses, cattle, monkeys......a delicacy.
As for your bits being cloned, try using a 3D scanner. God knows, the scanner it seems is already a popular device for recording your bits for posterior..ty

edit on 11-6-2015 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Did he choose one from a catologue?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Did he choose one from a catologue?

No! She did.

www.annsummers.com
edit on 11-6-2015 by smurfy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Usually?

:-)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   

...Maybe they can and if so, I'm worried about a new crime wave of body snatching

Those who are 'well-endowed' may have cause to worry! I'm worried!!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

SCIENCE! Wooo!

Whatever unfortunate circumstances put this guy in a penis-less situations, I'm glad they got it figured out. People put so much of their self-worth into genitalia and gender-affirming things. Living with the wrong stuff or with stuff missing can really bring down the quality of life for an individual.

This man's surgeon team is a great sign of progress.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lovebeck

So many comments I could make. So many ways to violate t&cs and get banned. I'll just stick with good for him.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

Indeed, good for him! (or the mailman....)
To slightly skirt the t&c's, there is a brilliant bit by Karl Pilington chatting with Ricky Gervais and Steven Merchant all about "head transplants", that of course with blokes being blokes, ends up being about about his knob.

(slight language and giggles warning)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The ground-breaking procedure is some great news to come out of South Africa.
Considering that traditional, tribal circumcision practices leave hundreds of young men dead, mutilated or with penile amputations every year, it provides hope for many.
The best medical news since Dr. Chris Barnaard performed the first human heart transplant in 1967.
I just hope that such advances in modern medicine can be maintained, with increasing political pressure on Universities to racially transform their staff and student demographics (particularly Stellenbosch), even at the expense of qualifications.

The demand seems to be so great, that potential recipients aren't picky about the size and color of the penis.
That should look interesting on census and affirmative action job applications (where South Africans must indicate their race as white, black, colored or Indian - essentially apartheid-era classifications).
So if I'm white, but my penis is black, am I still really white, for example?
Or does that make me mixed-race?
In racial-quota obsessed South Africa that question may not be as flippant or amusing as one might think elsewhere.
www.news24.com...enis-transplant-recipients-not-picky-over-organ-20150611

edit on 11-6-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-6-2015 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnuTyr
welp all the transgenders will be so happy to see this. Now they just need to figure out how to clone functional testicals and a woman could indeed become a man. After all that is said and done, The population will be ripe from condititioning to accept full human clones. Which was always the ultimate goal of those who want transgenderism to be premoted.

I don't think it would "work" if you know what I mean.

He had a penis, but it was...lost? after a botched circumcision. An adult circumcision.

I doubt he lost the entire organ and had something to work with in order for them to connect all the blood vessels and nerves.

It's really amazing stuff when you think about how precise every thing would have to be in order to connect the donor organ to the recipient. And then for it to work as nature intended!

Dude must be a great surgeon...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn
PLOT TWIST: She cheated.

Kidding (kind of) aside..... This is a huge breakthrough. I hate to think of why he needed a transplant in the first place....

He might be the one who got a massive infection from a ritual circumcision.

Deny Ignorance certainly doesn't apply in this thread.

edit on 11-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
Botched ritual circumcision is certainly one factor, but there are other causes for men to lose their penises, like cancers or accidents.

There are also birth defects, and boys born without organs for whom this procedure holds great promise.
you.co.za...enis/

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

My next question is "how do you lose a penis" to even need a transplant. They usually are firmly attached

this is one way.

edit on 11-6-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: halfoldman
a reply to: Annee
Botched ritual circumcision is certainly one factor, but there are other causes for men to lose their penises, like cancers or accidents.

There are also birth defects, and boys born without organs for whom this procedure holds great promise.
you.co.za...enis/

I was only referencing this one person that was in the news not too long ago.

Of course there are others.

Botched Ritual Circumcision Leads To World's First Penile Transplant

www.npr.org...

edit on 12-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
This gives a whole new meaning to the term "Organ Donor" on your drivers licence.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: James1970
This gives a whole new meaning to the term "Organ Donor" on your drivers licence.

Why does anyone think this is funny?

Its not.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join