It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Pisky's Christmas Rant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Heres something to make you realise just what evil fecks the Corporates really are.

Do you know what happens to the food stores sell if, at the end of the day it isn't sold ? (You need to remember that I'm talking about food that could easily last a few more days, not stuff that goes off quickly).

Do the Corporates ...

a) Give this food to the employees at a discount ?
b) Show their altruism by giving it to charities like the Sally Army to feed the homeless ?
c) Throw it in a trash compactor (after weighing it first to make sure no one is going to eat it ?)

Three pixy stix and a hershey bar to anyone who got the right answer - yes, it was 'C'

I'm not talking about a few old apples or bananas either - Try twenty freshly cooked chickens, cake, frozen steaks, you name it, they throw it away.

Why in fex name can't they do the decent thing and give it to the homeless or other people who are in desperate straits ?

Could it be because they are evil sum of the earth bastards who should have been drowned at birth ?

This kind of stuff makes me sick - why doesn't the Government make it a crime to do this kind of stuff ? These bastards are throwing away perfectly good, wholesome food.

May I wish a crappy Christmas to all you Corporate bastards. May the pixies turn all your expensive gifts into piles of liquified dog turd. (plus a few hamster droppings just to make things interesting).

Edited to add a few more appropriate icons.

[edit on 24-12-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I know what you meanl pisky. I used to pick up the STALE (hard-edged bead from a local grocery chain and deliver it twice a month to a "projex" for retired people run by the govt.

One day I show up with the loaned truck, burning donated gas, with my homeless dudes to help me load the truck. And here comes this management puke who quite literally looks like the image of butthead, old beavis' buddy from TV, projected into 3-space. Even had the accent.

"um. uh-h-huh. Like. There'zth no more bread, Dude. Theriothly. h--hhh-hhuh. The thtore hadh changed itth polithy. No more bread. Dude. If the old geedherth want thome bread, like, they thould have to pay for it. Huh-hhh-huh.

And that was the end of that.

I talked to senior managment at unibread corp (on my day off!) to complain about the change. His argument was that they couldn't be sure that the elderly in question were not capable of buying bread (after all, it's cheap, right?). He Said that if stale bread was free, it would be harder to sell the fresh stuff.

I told him that was just a rationalization. I talked to him about the elderly eating dogfood and skipping meals. About how my guys taking it away for free cost him less than the labor of his employess slashing open the bread bags with razors and pouring water in it, which is how they destroyed it. I asked the city about the health threat of them leaving rotting bread in dumpsters for three or four days at a stretch. Rodents and whatnot. nothing done.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Thanks for your info, Doc.

The store KayEm works for is one of them that throws food away. Not only that, but they actually weigh it beforehand to make sure no one takes it. :shk:

The excuse apparently is that they don't want to get sued by some homeless guy who gets the runs. This is utterly ridiculous and just an excuse for inhumanity. The food is good, wholesome food. At 4:59pm they can sell it to a customer. At 5pm they have to throw it away.

Mindless.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pisky
Thanks for your info, Doc.

The store KayEm works for is one of them that throws food away. Not only that, but they actually weigh it beforehand to make sure no one takes it. :shk:

The excuse apparently is that they don't want to get sued by some homeless guy who gets the runs. This is utterly ridiculous and just an excuse for inhumanity. The food is good, wholesome food. At 4:59pm they can sell it to a customer. At 5pm they have to throw it away.

Mindless.

[edit on 26-12-2004 by Pisky]

You kinda answered it with 'the runs' part, if i remember correctly from when i worked in a supermarket its to do with making people ill and being able to sue etc... something along those lines anyway. Im with you lot on this one thought, give it to homeless people etc...!

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Pisky, in my youth i worked for a Dunkin Donuts in Cape Cod and we would be threatened not to ever give any leftover doughnuts or anything else to ANYONE. Of course, i could have cared less of the threats, i gave them away to the homeless or people with lots of kids. I've never been one to follow the rules :shk::shk:

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Right, but the lawyers and the greedy little farks who want to make money off of even free things have done this. The U.S. military had the same policy in 1983...throw away ALL the food that's left over, because you're just going to get yourself in court if some one happens to get a sour-tummy over the deal.

People make me sick in 360 degrees.

posted on Dec, 26 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Right, but the lawyers and the greedy little farks who want to make money off of even free things have done this.

I have to agree with Shakespeare on this ...

The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers.
King Henry VI Part 2 - Act 4. Scene II

new topics

top topics

join