It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satanists Are After Tesla's Ashes?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
According to officials from the Serbian Orthodox Church and the president of the Belgrade city council they are. When I read about this earlier from a more tabloidesque source, I thought perhaps it was a joke. Alas, it is not.

From IB Times:

The Serbian Orthodox Church has called for the remains of Serbian-American inventor Nikola Tesla to be moved from a Belgrade museum as they are becoming the focus for Satanic rituals, according to the city council's president.

Nikola Nikodijevic, president of the Serbian capital's council, told fellow councillors that the Orthodox Church had requested authorities move the remains of the electrical engineer, physicist and inventor from a museum devoted to his life and work to an Orthodox cathedral.

"If you really want me to tell you the truth, this is an initiative by [Patriarch Irinej, spiritual leader of Eastern Orthodox Serbs], who came to the city council and begged us to remove the ashes as Satanic rituals are taking place in the museum," Nikodijevic told councillors, in a debate on whether a monument should be built to Tesla.

So what is behind the church's concern for Tesla's ashes? Express UK reports that the the church published the following image to their website and that they claim it shows a satanic ritual in progress. They're requesting that the ashes be moved to St. Sava Church in Belgrade.

Admittedly, I've never attended a satanic ritual and so I'm no authority on the subject but I was expecting to see black robes, pentagrams and maybe a disemboweled goat and this just looks like a handful of stoners having an indoor picnic.

Not to offend any members of the Serbian Orthodox Church but I think they might just be looking for a reason to get their hands on a something they feel could serve in the same capacity as a religious relic.
edit on 2015-6-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Link

He later acknowledged that he'd used "strong language," but stood behind his assertion that the Serbian Orthodox Church was requesting the relocation.

But Branimir Jovanovic, director of the Nikola Tesla Museum, told RFE/RL's Balkan Service that it was all a big misunderstanding. "I have been working at the museum for more than 20 years. We preserve and take care of everything concerning Tesla. This kind of story has nothing to do with reality," he said.

It appears that this man has backed away from his statements because it has no basis in reality.

However, the initiative -- proposed by the patriarch and supported by the energy minister and city mayor -- was dropped after citizens protested.

People can say some dumb things. It's good that the people stood up to this nonsense.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Doesn't speak well for the mayor and energy minister that they supported the initiative.

Thanks for the link. Another interesting tidbit:

In March 2014, government officials, reportedly pressured by the Serbian Orthodox Church, sought to move Tesla's ashes from the museum to St. Sava Church -- the largest Orthodox Church in the world, where other Serbian national heroes are buried.

edit on 2015-6-11 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Yes, it is very telling.

Throughout history we can see that kings only have as much power as the church allows. Perhaps that is still true today, in a way.

Those in power will bend whichever way the church demand.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I've never attended a satanic ritual and so I'm no authority on the subject but I was expecting to see black robes, pentagrams and maybe a disemboweled goat and this just looks like a handful of stoners having an indoor picnic.

The ritual of sacrificed goats is actually encouraged in leviticus 23:19 in the bible... yet many people keep believing that leviticus is inspired by the True God.

And there are satanic rituals taking place in museums? Is Satanism popular in Serbia?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Oh now indoor stoner pic nics are villified?
I see how it is.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If a group of people want to sit on a blanky and hum or pray or whatever over some ashes... whats the probs here?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Makes sense since Satanism is ultimately an Abrahamic religion.

People today are more likely to associate blood sacrifice and burnt offerings with pagan religions but they forget that up until at least he destruction of the second Temple, Jews (likely including Jesus) sacrificed lambs (and then later ate it with unleavened bread and bitter herbs) on the eve of Passover.

As far as Christians go, I guess it depends on their interpretation of the account of Jesus and the money changers. Was he upset that they were selling animals for sacrifice or that they were making a profit from selling animals for sacrifice?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
According to officials from the Serbian Orthodox Church and the president of the Belgrade city council they are. When I read about this earlier from a more tabloidesque source, I thought perhaps it was a joke. Alas, it is not.

From IB Times:

The Serbian Orthodox Church has called for the remains of Serbian-American inventor Nikola Tesla to be moved from a Belgrade museum as they are becoming the focus for Satanic rituals, according to the city council's president.

Nikola Nikodijevic, president of the Serbian capital's council, told fellow councillors that the Orthodox Church had requested authorities move the remains of the electrical engineer, physicist and inventor from a museum devoted to his life and work to an Orthodox cathedral.

"If you really want me to tell you the truth, this is an initiative by [Patriarch Irinej, spiritual leader of Eastern Orthodox Serbs], who came to the city council and begged us to remove the ashes as Satanic rituals are taking place in the museum," Nikodijevic told councillors, in a debate on whether a monument should be built to Tesla.

So what is behind the church's concern for Tesla's ashes? Express UK reports that the the church published the following image to their website and that they claim it shows a satanic ritual in progress. They're requesting that the ashes be moved to St. Sava Church in Belgrade.

Admittedly, I've never attended a satanic ritual and so I'm no authority on the subject but I was expecting to see black robes, pentagrams and maybe a disemboweled goat and this just looks like a handful of stoners having an indoor picnic.

Not to offend any members of the Serbian Orthodox Church but I think they might just be looking for a reason to get their hands on a something they feel could serve in the same capacity as a religious relic.

All of the even semi big satanist cults are atheists poking fun at Christianity by naming there "stoner circle" an satanic cult. I say stoner circle because I would bet dollars to donuts that it's a bunch of nerdy stoners.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

Oh now indoor stoner pic nics are villified?
I see how it is.

Well.....

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Should give them some fake Tesla ashes and see if they notice when they conjure up a tree stump.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Devil's Harvest is a cool name!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

That piece of propaganda has the opposite of its intended affect on me.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

That's news to me...I should get to packing!
edit on 11-6-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: newWorldSamurai

I can't tell if they are trying to caution or encourage people:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Pretty sure a bunch of cultists "worshipping" under a white, bloody Jesus statue is far more satanic than a few people smiling on a carpet.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   

a reply to: newWorldSamurai

I can't tell if they are trying to caution or encourage people:

I feel totally ripped off...... I have NEVER gotten a "wild orgy" with my weekly sack....

Does that mean my dude has been keeping them for himself?!?! Me and him are gonna have a serious conversation... :p

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Just because church (orthodoxs are hardcore) names someone satanist,
doesn't automatically means he is indeed a satanist.

Church sees Satan everywhere, in modern music, in political power, in ancient pagans, (and modern ones), in astrology, in new age stuff,in other religions or cults, in meditation, in Yoga, in science, in schools, in history, homosexuals , etc (I could go on until tomorrow)

Having said that, we do not really know what those people where actually doing, and church's credibility falls out of the window... (like in every other case)!

The fact the church in many cases manipulates the political decisions, is terrifying and smells like dark ages!

Many politicians do what the church commands because they are afraid of losing religious people's votes, and that is sad as well.

edit on FriFri, 12 Jun 2015 03:38:30 -05001AMk000000Fridayam by Dr1Akula because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Makes sense since Satanism is ultimately an Abrahamic religion.

That depends on the type of Satanism. If it's a theistic variety then yes, it's very much a companion to Christianity and to a lesser extent the other Abrahamic faiths. If it's an Atheistic/Agnostic variety like LaVeyan Satanism for example, then no, not at all related. Judging by the picture provided as "evidence" it's not at all Satanic though my only frame of reference is of the LaVeyan variety so I suppose there could be some sort of theistic branch who performs rituals in a public place in broad daylight, but I find that option highly unlikely.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Seems like they would be better served doing their thing with Kubla or Ghengis Khans remains rather than Telsas... Andre the Giant... maybe even a scientist that added to human knowledge?? I mean what did tesla ever accomplish?? Not much!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join