It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arms trade UK-Israel: 'If we weren't manufacturing there would be another party supplying them'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Israeli defense contractor Elbit Systems’ UK factory will become the target of a protest to mark the anniversary of the Gaza conflict in July.

A diverse group of organizations will join the protest on July 6, including the Boycott Israel Network, Campaign Against the Arms Trade (CAAT), London Palestine Action, War on Want and the NUS Black Students’ Campaign.

This action is part of continued efforts to intensify pressure for an immediate suspension of the arms trade between the UK and Israel.

Andrew Smith of Campaign Against the Arms Trade (CAAT) told RT:

Elbit’s equipment is often marketed as ‘battle tested’ and the people of Gaza are among those who have paid the price

A Guardian investigation in 2009 uncovered evidence of alleged war crimes involving Israeli drones in Gaza:

The newspaper gathered testimony on missile attacks that targeted civilians, despite the cameras on the drone providing clear pictures. In one example a family of six was killed when a missile hit a courtyard of their house, the Guardian report

In my opinion, this is a political issue where greed, lack of moral and respect for life goes ahead whipping and destroying human lives, with the consent and silence from Politcs (1st place), citizens (2nd) and media stream (3rd).

These women and men are an example for resonance in the "civilized" world that supply's weapons to Israel kill and oppress Palestinians.

Netanyahu demands up to $45 bn in US military aid

It is loud and clear:

If we weren't manufacturing these engines there would be another party supplying them.

told a spokesman from Elbit Systems’ British subsidiary UAV Engines.

source
edit on 11/6/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The pro-Israeli brigade will be here in no time repeating the same old rhetoric.

"They're just arming themselves from the evil Palestinians stealing their land and terrorizing them
"
edit on 11-6-2015 by Boeing777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

In my opinion, this is a political issue where greed, lack of moral and respect for life goes ahead whipping and destroying human lives, with the consent and silence from Politcs (1st place), citizens (2nd) and media stream (3rd).

Not a political issue when Israel pretty much dictates foreign policy in Congress. Netanyahoo got special treatment when he went there last time. We've got a NutenYahoo-boot licking liar in Downing Street so expect more of it.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

One thing is clear, though, more people around the world don't want to be silent or accomplice in one of the most long, unfair and cruel ongoing human right's violation.

Their are lot's of examples of people, groups and nations that are standing against the Israel police in OPT - Occupied Palestinian Territory. Here's one example of pressure, from one country that "normally" our "brain washed" minds shouldn't expect:
China forbids its construction workers from building Israeli settlements – report

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me any. Those evil war mongering British have pushed war across the world for 600 years .

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

British govt ‘committed to opposing Israel boycott’ – Foreign Office minister

The Conservative Minister for the Middle East said he did not believe in the merits of introducing sanctions:

when we are trying to get people back to the [negotiating] table.”

reaffirming the UK’s opposition to the boycott, divestment and sanctions (BDS) movement.

Now, isn't that funny. If we look at G7 aftermath against Russia, that little statement over there it doesn't make any sense...
edit on 11/6/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Greathouse

Perhaps you need to revise your history, we've been at it for much longer than that, The first Crusade (1096–1099) for example, but then maybe we can blame the French instead because that started 30 years after the Normans conquered us.

...on-topic, I personally support a ban on any arms sales to Israel by UK companies. It's not gonna happen any time soon though, the trade with Israel is worth roughly 4 Billion a year so unless protests and direct action become so big that it's costing millions to police then nothing will change.

*Edit*
The UK is not too fussy about who we sell arms to though in general...
Blood money: UK’s £12.3bn arms sales to repressive states
edit on 11.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I wish the world would load Israel to the teeth. I wish every Israeli family had a missile silo in their back yard and a tank for taking kids to soccer practice. I wish it would rain assault rifles on every third Thursday of the month in Israel.

Then I wish the U.S. would pack it's bags and never even acknowledge the existence of the ME. There is plenty of oil in the world. That has become clear.

So yeah.... I guess I fall on the side of the defense contractor in this one.
edit on 11-6-2015 by Legman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Interesting.
Do you also support Israeli missile/airstrikes on innocent Palestinians?
I don't.
You from the UK, Israel, or somewhere else?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Interesting.
I don't.

Innocent? Interesting. I think the Israelis get rather tired of rockets hitting their streets at random.

And to be honest. I don't care. I'm tired of the Middle East. I suffer from extreme 21st century ME apathy.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Interesting.
I don't.

Innocent? Interesting. I think the Israelis get rather tired of rockets hitting their streets at random.

And to be honest. I don't care. I'm tired of the Middle East. I suffer from extreme 21st century ME apathy.

Do you not believe there are any innocent folk in the 4.4 million people of Palestine?
I do.

Our comments say much about our individual perspective regarding human lives.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Interesting.
I don't.

Do you not believe there are any innocent folk in the 4.4 million people of Palestine?
I do.

Our comments say much about our individual perspective regarding human lives.

If you have ever been to the Middle East then you would understand. Fighting will never stop there. I'm sorry those people were born there. It is a hate riddled area of the globe where death is as cheap as the sect rules you live by.

I'm sorry you don't understand. I just simply don't want our country or any other normal country to be brought any lower by involvement there.

I never said I was a perfect person. I just said I'm apathetic to the Palestinians and the millions other persons in the Middle East.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

It has nothing to do with me understanding the situation in the ME, it is about the UK selling defence products to Israel which could be used against innocent people.
Now I ask again, do you have a dog in this fight, are you from the UK?
If you are not then I shall disregard your comments and we can ignore each other. This thread is about the UK selling 'defence' products which could be used against innocent civilians.
You appear to support Israel killing innocents, while I am absolutely clear that I do not.

*Edit*
...or does your first world problem of "extreme 21st century ME apathy" (as you said) help you deny that Israel kills innocent people and uses UK 'defence' products which could be used against innocent people?
I don't imagine we would be mates in real life.
edit on 11.6.2015 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boeing777
The pro-Israeli brigade will be here in no time repeating the same old rhetoric.

"They're just arming themselves from the evil Palestinians stealing their land and terrorizing them
"
And that's not true??? Who has been sending rockets into Israel this week trying to kill women and kids??? Ireland??? Maui???

You guys are a trip...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Maybe Palestinians and Arabs should stop attacking Israel then. They started the war, they kept it going. Israel said yes to 2 states, Palestinians invaded and demanded one state ruled by them.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
And if we weren't supplying them, someone else would be. Well. Gee. I guess that answer could work for lotsa stuff. Is that why the CIA ships and sells drugs? Hmmmm Or corporation sell poisons, like Monsanto? That's no excuse. Two wrongs don't make a right, nor do two dozen. I can tell you who DOESN'T want peace in the middle east! The Arms manufacturers and Death Merchants. Governments included but the list is far longer.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaxnmarko
I can tell you who DOESN'T want peace in the middle east! The Arms manufacturers and Death Merchants. Governments included but the list is far longer.

I agree with you.

Meanwhile Protest will grow in the future.

People should protest though (like the one in the video from the OP) for the real deal, for true and important matters (without financed "agendas behind" to suit greed, pleasure or laziness), because that will fall in the apathy of "boring" and meaningless protest for every little thing ...

IMO

posted on Jul, 6 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Gaza war anniversary: ‘Aggressive’ UK police arrest 8 at Israeli arms factory protest (VIDEO)

An activist with London Palestine Action, speaking in personal capacity, told RT that the demonstration was meant to be a “fun, creative” experience, but was met with “aggressive [and] forceful police tactics.

1 year after Gaza War, Palestinians still live amid ruins, thousands homeless
edit on 6/7/2015 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join