It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Franklin Graham's Anti-gay Banking Protest Backfires

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

funny, if they just said everyone should boycott wells fargo because its a massive and corrupt bank then most would have agreed (myself included) but their poor immoral reasoning is having a counter productive effect... Franklin Graham is a moron apparently.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:45 PM
link   
It's jerks like this one that continue to fuel the fire of hatred and animosity towards Christians.

I'll wager that his church never refused a donation from a gay person.

On a side note; while I have never caught gay from a bank, I once rode a public city bus and for 3 weeks afterwards felt absolutely fabulous.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Christians have no problem picking and choosing which parts of The Bible they want to follow and which parts they want to ignore. I find Christians among the most hypocritical people on Earth.

As soon as I get someone telling me "but I'm a good Christian, I go to Church every Sunday" it's usually a red flag that they're up to no good. Christians are always the first to ask for preferential treatment or discounts "because I'm a Christian" all while denying the same to others.

The fact that they use a gay friendly company to announce a hateful thing is not surprising, they're so massively hypocritical.

Today's Christian fundamentalists / conservatives are definitely NOT the religion of love that Jesus preached.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: babybunnies
Christians have no problem picking and choosing which parts of The Bible they want to follow and which parts they want to ignore. I find Christians among the most hypocritical people on Earth.

As soon as I get someone telling me "but I'm a good Christian, I go to Church every Sunday" it's usually a red flag that they're up to no good. Christians are always the first to ask for preferential treatment or discounts "because I'm a Christian" all while denying the same to others.

The fact that they use a gay friendly company to announce a hateful thing is not surprising, they're so massively hypocritical.

Today's Christian fundamentalists / conservatives are definitely NOT the religion of love that Jesus preached.

This is what I'm talking about.

This only provides more ammunition to the anti-Christian crowd.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I backed out of this thread three times because I didn't want to comment. But I failed, so here I am. Everyone of you needs to go back and reread the comments in this thread and realize how much hatred is being spewed towards this man and his beliefs. Also, towards the Christian population that believe strongly in their faith. Aren't we all allowed to believe in what we want? He didn't try and discriminate against the gay population. He simply acted on his beliefs and took the actions he felt he needed to. He took his money out of Wells Fargo, (which is a POS institution and we all know that), and tried to convince his fellow believers to do the same.
Since when is it appropriate to bash people for their beliefs, especially on here which is supposed to be a forum for "intelligent" discussions and debate about conspiracy theories. I neither support or disapprove of his actions. At least HE took a stand for what he believes in. Can YOU say that?
I've said my piece.....

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: fltcui
He simply acted on his beliefs and took the actions he felt he needed to.

If you believe Frank Graham is some innocent Christian with an opinion, you need to do more research.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee
I never said he was an innocent Christian. I said he acted on his beliefs. Does he need to be tar and feathered for that? I think not.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

a reply to: Annee
I never said he was an innocent Christian. I said he acted on his beliefs. Does he need to be tar and feathered for that? I think not.

Again, you need to do more research on Frank Graham's ACTIONS.

How many people can this man insult?
edit on 11-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I backed out of this thread three times because I didn't want to comment. But I failed, so here I am. Everyone of you needs to go back and reread the comments in this thread and realize how much hatred is being spewed towards this man and his beliefs. Also, towards the Christian population that believe strongly in their faith. Aren't we all allowed to believe in what we want? He didn't try and discriminate against the gay population. He simply acted on his beliefs and took the actions he felt he needed to. He took his money out of Wells Fargo, (which is a POS institution and we all know that), and tried to convince his fellow believers to do the same.
Since when is it appropriate to bash people for their beliefs, especially on here which is supposed to be a forum for "intelligent" discussions and debate about conspiracy theories. I neither support or disapprove of his actions. At least HE took a stand for what he believes in. Can YOU say that?
I've said my piece.....

I don't believe he's a victim or should be treated as one. He made a point to go public with his actions so he shouldn't be immune to public scrutiny of his actions. Especially when his actions ended up being hilariously ironic. If he stayed quiet about it instead of calling for public support for it, that's one thing. But he's the one who made it a public issue.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: fltcui

Aren't we all allowed to believe in what we want?

If we can actually choose to believe what we want - why would we choose to believe something that isn't true? Where did Jesus say that two women that love each other and love a little girl wouldn't make a good family? Where did Jesus say anything about any of it?

Can we choose to believe what we want? Then why not choose acceptance of everyone? I think Jesus mentions loving each other far more often than he ever mentions shunning

I'm not a Christian - but I'm pretty sure I'm not wrong about this. I'm also pretty sure I'm just as capable of love as the Christians are

You talk about hate - and things we can choose to believe

What did Mr. Graham choose?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join