It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What differentiates humans from other species ?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Specimen

LOL what?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InnerPeace2012
To put it plainly:

A human can choose to be an animal, where as an animal cannot choose to be human. Despite my avatar being contradictory to my statement..lol

Peace

Ever watched project Nim? poor Nim thought he was a human that is the most sad thing about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove
You offer me 100 dollars or ten dollars, with a reward of a steak dinner if I take the ten dollars, I'll take the 100 dollars every time. I love a steak dinner , but 100 dollars can buy me several of those.

But again, that's the difference. You know that as a human there is a larger, artificial reality at work where you can use abstract symbols (money) to get a greater reward. You can rationalize it and make decisions accordingly. If you showed apes $100 and $10 and asked them to pick the one with "less" and they would get the reward, they would correctly pick the lesser amount. If it was 100 gumballs versus 10 gumballs, even though they knew there would be a reward if they chose the lesser amount, they would always pick the 100. Oh, and they get so frustrated when the chutes would close when they chose wrong and they ended up with nothing. They just couldn't help themselves.

If there are aliens out there in the universe somewhere, this might be the biggest difference between them and us that will make it impossible for us to understand them. They might work on so many higher levels of reality that we just could never comprehend them.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:23 PM
link   
From my standpoint, experience and opinion...humans will one day evolve into something peaceful, non-harmfull and kind. Maybe like a dolphin or something. But consider this. While we think we are the "best" animal on earth...maybe we will evolve into something like other animals. Something that can live at peace with this planet and the rest of its inhabitants.

Yes...we may be at the bottom of the ladder, not the top.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The biggest different between humans and other animals: humans have the ability to ignore instinct.

Not unless ignoring instincts is an instinct.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Dolphins gang rape porpoises, also other dolphins they find alone. In addition to people who drown in the process. They also do drugs, bully random sea life, including the occasional random swimmer that's dumb enough to thing they're light and love. Not all dolphins are friendly saviors of drowning humans, get you head out of the sand please.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 09:11 PM
link   
well ive recently thought on this. Its the fact that animals still hold to their original state of being. Feeding off eachother and communicating the same as there ancestors. Humans on the other hand developed tools, discovered fire and invention of technology and language. Humans are able to use sound to identify definition, building logic and reason. So are humans better due to that fact, or are animals better because they stay the same?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

Prove that nothing an animal ever does, is ignoring instinct.

All behaviour, including that of humans, is instinctually motivated. Different instincts impel different patterns of behaviour. Competing instincts can result in complex patterns. The result, especially in humans, often looks like free will.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

I was more or less implying, with that little comment in a previous post about natural defense mechanisms, by you being able to kill any kind of breed or almost any mut of dog. Sure, an average human with average conditioning could kill a dog with their bare hands, whether it be eye gouging, punching its nose, screaming in its ear, or just shoving an arm down it throat. Thing is, it would take a lot of effort, unless someone really understood the animals physiology, and it could take a lot of energy just to take one down, nvm if you were fighting all the breeds one on one consecutively...And that depends on which dog your fighting.

Our bodies can do and handle some amazing things, to where it would be borderline super human to where some animals could do daily or from the day their born. We don't have natural weapons or mechanism, like a protruding jaw, retractable or denser nails, to a pelt to help act as a defense, camouflage or insulator, to a spiny spine, it just not part of our physiology. If we did, most people wouldn't be relying on guns or knives, let alone thinking would they?

Also most animal usually try to avoid confrontations and just want an easy meal, unless it comes down to mating season. Unless you meet a Honey Badger, or a wolverine, to a Hippo. I'd like to see what kung fu moves you'd could do to those.

My dad also saw a 300 pound man, his co-worker, get picked on by a Canadian Geese because his van was to close to it. He wasn't very territorial assertive there.
edit on 12-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I can accept that rationale. It fits with a lot that I believe, but wasn't going to go too in depth with that.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Ahh, well I was simply saying, humans aren't built as badly as people like to pretend we are, and I'm fully aware of the 90% of natural confrontations are about intimidation. Like your wolverine example a lot of people are under the mistaken assumption that a wolverine can kill a bear and that's why the bear backs down.

That however, is not the case, the wolverine is crazy, the bear damn well knows it, and unlike the wolverine, the bear wisely decides that, while he could kill this crazy monstrosity in front of him, he's better off relenting because he's damn sure leave the fight injured possibly severely and in the wild, that can be lethal.

As for dogs, in most cases intimidation works just fine, had several dogs run at me in attack mode to change thier minds when I stepped forward and screamed angrily at them. Is funny how quick most dogs will relent the second they realize you're willing to go on the offensive.

CHARGE: "BARK BARK BARK!!!!" (step forward yell "HEY" or pretty much anything), and dog, screeeech dog breaks active, "Ok, yeah sorry bout that, going back to my yard now crazy human..."

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Wolverine? Beast! It seems they really want to promote predators and regression to the animal kingdom, so afraid humans will evolve beyond their reach, which is going to happen.

My message to the puppet masters here, don't worry your little beastly heads any further, humans are already taken off your hands, and are not your concern. You will not be allowed one human soul, they're in very good hands, Their Family! This planet, solar system, is being freed!

Animals aren't going to be under your thumbs either, they'll also be upgraded and safe from harm.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Thank the Gods, it will be there problem now. I can sleep all day for the next 1000 years.
edit on 13-6-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Its not Gods, don't think Family and the Highest Love and Goodness Team and Spirit, like the word god, that is a pryamid word, that implies inequality and thrones and massive ego. They are humble of heart.

And we're all called to help.

What I have said however is real, and I do envision the rescue going on in an immediate way, however so far its not like that, its one by one, overseeing and trying to untangle the mess the elite and saturn type creeps, have made with human consciousness, which ends up sinking. But we are here, and they're not getting humans.

Love sees everyone here as a great hero, so brave to go through and risk so much, to come in and try to improve themselves Or come in and try to rescue others who have become burdened by the sinking stones of dark side programs. No one is a throw away, no matter what they've done. Every single thing that has happened is a lesson that the entire mutliverse/universe, (the all on every dimension and plane) learns from. But martyrs aren't needed, and abuse of souls is a serious crime by predators who will need to face themselves one day soon.

We are here now!

Humans are not beasts, animals don't like being trapped in the beast kingdom and scarsity, by the way. And they're being taken out, rescued.

Timeline events are important here. We all are waiting. If enough rise to the occasion and see their dark technologies failing and see through their divisions and start to help each other, the whole thing shifts, depending on the outcome, the Teams are assembled, able to work in any eventuality.

I mentioned dolphins in an earlier post. They're already being evacuated, the problem is, they were first murdered by elites here, the oceans are poisoned and mismanaged. But they're not coming back. They don't like it here.

I guess you could say higher human and humanoid, are the higher evolutionary process, some animals evolve into humanoid. They move away from scarsity and dog eat dog beast mode, and into compassion and Higher Mind.

And Higher Mind, Family and Team is here, and prepared for all possible timeline outcomes and can switch hats and modalities in a nano second depending on the way events turn out, so that again, no humans, or mammals, creatures, will be harmed by predators here any longer. I believe earth herself wants to be freed.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Pound for pound, a Wolverine would be more stronger due to the size comparison to that of a bear since its almost built like a bear, even though it would be a light weight fighting a heavyweight. A wolverine been known tohave a lot more of a fight response to that of flight then most animals for what ever reason.

Thing is, most animals aren't really tactful when it comes to confrontations, only ambushes, and it usually starts off with pea-cocking, growling, fur sticking up and pumping up their chest. Where a seasoned human fighter would easily take advantage of such bravado.
Its not like they throw cheap shots or low blows for strategy, to where some animals could easily surprise people with the end results.

I recall one video on some tv channel, of a regular house cat guarding its food from alligators who lived at a trailer right beside a lake full of them. Heres a video.

Now how such a little creature could intimidate such an animal with it reputation for brute strength, and thick hide is beyond me. Some where guessing that the cat would damage its eyes or lenses since they don't actively hunt under water for that reason.

I guess the saying true, it not the size of the dog, but the size of the fight thats in it.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Tell that to the Gang raping dolphins

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

There are quite a bit of varied experiences with dolphins, eh? From midwives to higher dimensional beings, to rapists? Reminds me of humans, kind of eh? Especially the ones that go dark side, or get programmed in MKultra type nazi programs. Wonder if human military black ops ever worked with dolpins? Or if dolhins, who are quite sexual creatures, ever get possessed or influenced by the same negative entities the 1% and royal families work with, and even become/are? In a dark corner of the universe, in a hijacked solar sytem, wonder if they have the same spiritual battles we have?

Dolphins are wonderful beings, some of them are human souls, put in those containers and not always for a good reason. They're being removed, there are some planets receiving them already.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Whos the bigger bully, the Great White shark whos only way of surviving is eating other fish, or the Dolphins that would possibly want to gang rape the homophobic shark, and would use it body for fun instead of nourishment like a orca would with a seal?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Poor shark..Poor shark...So misunderstood, and lonely even though it was born that way with that many teeth, like God made it, unlike Satan evil spawns, the Grey Dolphins.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax

Prove that nothing an animal ever does, is ignoring instinct.

All behaviour, including that of humans, is instinctually motivated. Different instincts impel different patterns of behaviour. Competing instincts can result in complex patterns. The result, especially in humans, often looks like free will.

explain innovation then

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join