It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
Originally posted by John bull 1
The piece I am going to paste below(With some editing)
Is only to stimulate debate.After reading it I'm sure you'll have your own opinions on what would happen.
1) Due to the enormously large internal friction between the crust and the nucleus of the Earth,
1) Due to the enormously large internal friction between the crust and the nucleus of the Earth, the planet will stop, i.e. will stop its rotation around its axis.
Thus, in one side of the globe will be a long day and another side of the globe will experience a long night. This will continue around 6-7 days. The map below shows the day-night distribution:
(2) When the Earth stops its rotation, the waters (oceans and seas) will continue their motion due to the inertia.
This will produce the inundation of large territories during only few hours. According to the ZetaTalk (www.zetatalk.com), it is advised to be removed
at least 160 km from the nearest coast and to be at least 60 m above the sea-level.
(3) The atmosphere also is free to move, so during the rotation stoppage, it will continue to move producing strong winds, storms, hurricanes, etc. Suggestion: do not stay in an open place.
The pole shift or, better to say, the breaking between the Earth nucleus
and the crust will release a huge energy, which will produce catastrophes
without precedent in the history of the humanity:
(4) The movement of tectonic plates leads to: (i) distancing between the Europe and the Americas, (ii) size levelling of Atlantic and Pacific oceans, (iii) the tectonic plate sustaining India moves below the Himalayas, i.e. India disappear, (iv) the same happens with about 2/3 of Australia, disappears its west part, (v) emerging of a new continent in the south part of Atlantic ocean.
(5) The earthquakes reach the magnitude "15" but Richter scale in some parts of the planet, in the other parts the largest earthquakes do not exceed 9 to 12 by the Richter scale. Such huge earthquakes continue for some hours and later on for some 2-3 weeks "normal earthquakes" (below 8.0) are felt.
(6) Practically all volcanoes erupt, new volcanoes in some places might appear. New geological faults close to volcanoes are formed.
(7) Due to the volcanic eruption, the volcanic ash will cover sky for the next two years after the upheavals. The acid rains are expected for some 3-4 months worldwide and for few years near the active volcanoes after the pole shift.
The humidity will augment due to the rapid
evaporation of water from the seas and oceans.
(8) the structures of establishment (government, different institutions,
police, borders, banks, money, etc.) will disappear.
Each survivor will try to get out of the difficult situation by its own means.
(9) Will appear and increase rapidly hunger, illnesses, struggle for the survival, cannibalism, etc.
But the point was to stimulate serious theories about the effects on us and the planet of a flip in the magnetic poles.
A series of samples within a six foot section of a solidified lava flow show that in the time it had taken to solidify(48hrs at most)the pole had shifted eratically before finally flipping.
The question I was hoping to get answers on is What do members think the effects on mankind would be?
Originally posted by dragonrider
Nothing, however, affected the local flora, fauna, lunar tides, or the impact of comets on the Earth. Posted by Byrd
Just to point out, comet impacts can occur quite well without regard to the magnetic pole orientation, or presence.
Well, I guess that there referring to the ISS and whoever is on the Moon bases