It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Logistics of Raising the Dead.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aktiv
a reply to: Bedlam

So is that the raising of Hirim Abif?

Why, whatever are you talking about?

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Ninshubur accessed all areas and could even turn her hand to organizing the Underworld, and certainly facilitating the process of one in one out, she was credited with running the Universe on behalf of Anu.

So if she's running the Universe, that still leaves civilization. Nanaya must still have some place, maybe not as apocalyptic, just regular mundane civilization. The hinges form the vertical cardinals, goddess of human culture the horizontal.
edit on 13-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Kantzveldt

If you believe in re-incarnation, our souls must be re-cylcled and given to another vessel. Are there more souls in existence throughout our Universe?
Our current world population 7.1 billion humans. The most that have lived in this existence at one time. Yet, it does not exceed the total billions of humans that have existed and are now passed away. Have their souls been re-cycled?
It must be easier to re-create the dead, then it is to create a new life is my understanding.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

I was singing this song in the shower just an hour ago...wtf!?!

You spiked the tap with draino?
SpaghettiOs with MEAT!
DONT F&#$ with the Lords o' He'll!
One stitch?
Take it back Brad, take back what you said about Thor!
Ain'nobody lee'dis place wid'out singin' da blue...

Hmmm memories. And so I'm not off topic, I'll comment by saying...hmm raising the dead... oh...Frankenstein. There you go. Even if you hate reading fiction like I do, it's the best read and a must in everyone's lifetime. It's the first modern analysis of the morality behind raising the dead and she even was right on with things we see today like transplanted body parts containing memories and personality like we see in modern transplant recipients who start speaking the language of or acting like the deceased stranger who donated organs. So the question "does a creation of science, does any creation not from God in fact, have a soul? Is "soul/identity" eternal or stored only in tissue? Is a soul artificially snatched back from heaven when tissue reanimated? Sorry I didn't add a darn thing to topic but had to tell my shower singing story when experiencing such a mystic karmic and cosmic phenomenon as this whole babysitting blues trip is.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   
a reply to: AlexandrosTheGreat

Glad you enjoyed the song.

Since you don't read much fiction, it probably wouldn't help much if I suggested Philip José Farmer's Riverworld series. Come to think of it, I don't think I read the last book myself.

Short story, "Multiples" by Robert Silverberg. ( I think this is the story about time-sharing a body )

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 03:59 AM
link   
a reply to: pthena

Ninshubur only orchestrates the rest of the Pantheon all of whom would have involvement, as noted Enki would be required to raise the dead so she'd just send him the odd memo to see how he was getting on with that, Istaran specialized in judgement, Ninurta in cosmological change, Enlil the determination of fate, Nanse the overseeing of social justice, Bau the organizing of refreshments etc

Of course Nanaya-Inanna has a role and she was known to threaten to return the dead at the expense of the living anyway to serve her own interests, so Ninshubur would serve her cause as well as Anu, the romantic one.

Ninshubur, the good minister of E-ana, clasps him by his right hand and brings him in bliss to Inana's embrace: "May the lord whom you have chosen in your heart, the king, your beloved husband, enjoy long days in your holy and sweet embrace! Give him a propitious and famous reign, give him a royal throne of kingship on its firm foundation, give him the sceptre to guide the Land, and the staff and crook, and give him the righteous headdress and the crown which glorifies the head! From the rising of the sun to the setting of the sun, from the south to the north, from the upper sea to the lower sea, from where the halub tree grows to where the cedar grows, over all Sumer and Akkad, grant him the staff and the crook!

"May high flood-waters flow in the Tigris and Euphrates, may the grasses grow tall on their banks, and may the meadows be covered. May the holy lady Nisaba pile high the grain heaps and mounds. My lady, queen of heaven and earth, queen who encompasses heaven and earth, may he enjoy long days ...... embrace."

a reply to: Kratos40

The ancient Egyptians didn't see the point in retaining souls that had failed the test of judgement in the Afterlife and saw them as undergoing permanent deletion, it probably would make more sense only to retain those which there was the intention to return at the coming forth by day.

edit on Kam630164vAmerica/ChicagoSunday1430 by Kantzveldt because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join