It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sir Christopher Lee Has Died

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
LONDON — British actor Christopher Lee has died at the age of 93, according to multiple media reports.

Lee, who starred in films including the Lord of the Rings, Star Wars and Dracula, passed away in Chelsea and Westminster Hospital in London, on Sunday after being treated for respiratory problems, the Telegraph reported, citing sources close to his family.

Lee rose to fame playing Dracula and Frankenstein's monster in a series of horror films for British production company Hammer Films from the 1950s to the 1970s. In 1973 he played one of his most famous villains in The Wicker Man.

He most recently appeared in The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies in Dec.

RIP Christopher.
Telegraph
edit on 6/11/2015 by Neysa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Neysa

I was just about to post this news, The world has lost a bonafide legend of the screen.

The world has also lost a link to the past-he helped make the Hammer movies into the classics they are today. Not to mention he served in WW2 in his youth and recorded a metal album in his autumn years. There will not be another actor of his vintage of caliber in this lifetime.

It's a shame but we can look back at his career in appreciation. Godspeed Sir Christopher.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
homage to
www.badassoftheweek.com...

"He's also a 6'5" tall world champion fencer, speaks six languages, does all of his own stunts, has participated in more on-screen sword fights than any actor in history, served for five years defending democracy from global fascism as a British Commando blowing the crap out of Nazi goobers in World War II, and became the oldest person to ever record lead vocals on a heavy metal track when, at the age of 88, he wrote, performed on, and released a progressive symphonic power metal EP about the life of Charlemagne (because why the heck not?).

(caution--strong language in link)
edit on 11-6-2015 by works4dhs because: helpful clarification

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Legendary actor, fencing enthusiast, and fomer member of the progenitor force which lead to the creation of the SAS.

What a man. What a life. What a loss.

Rest In Peace Sir.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: works4dhs
homage to
www.badassoftheweek.com...

"He's also a 6'5" tall world champion fencer, speaks six languages, does all of his own stunts, has participated in more on-screen sword fights than any actor in history, served for five years defending democracy from global fascism as a British Commando blowing the crap out of Nazi goobers in World War II, and became the oldest person to ever record lead vocals on a heavy metal track when, at the age of 88, he wrote, performed on, and released a progressive symphonic power metal EP about the life of Charlemagne (because why the heck not?).

(caution--strong language in link)

Indeed! This man led a full life of which any person could be proud.
I was just reading his bio last week by coincidence. I was impressed with it.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

Legendary actor, fencing enthusiast, and fomer member of the progenitor force which lead to the creation of the SAS.

What a man. What a life. What a loss.

Rest In Peace Sir.

A fencing enthusiast you say? all the more reason to create an lightsaber dueling form in his honor.

Form IX: Lee- 'The way of the vampire'
edit on 11-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Sad news , so many happy memories from the hammer house of horror days.

Rock on Sir Chris , a life well lived , one in a million.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Christopher Lee, he is a favorite of mine, up there with Vincent Price and Lee's oft co-star Peter Cushing.

IMO, he beat the pants off of Bella, Boris and the rest of the B-horror flick boys.

I've never seen him in "Wickerman", that one goes on the list now for sure. He lived an interesting and long life.

I just had a thought, perhaps they should have the grave monitored against vandals and grave robbers or, you know, just in case he rises.
edit on 11-6-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: added extra comments

edit on 11-6-2015 by MichiganSwampBuck because: typo

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Earlier this week, there was a supposed hoax going around on this, and though CNN had it earlier on their site, they don't now, so still not sure this is genuine.

Of course, he is/was 93, so not exactly unexpected.

NM, they have it back up now...seems legit this time.
edit on 11-6-2015 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I remember watching the old scary movies with him in them as a kid. My cousin and I used to love them on Friday night Fright Night I think it was called. She and I would get so scared but watch them anyways. Lol

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:20 AM
link   
That's sad but not unexpected given his age

Absolutely loved his Hammer work, I used to binge watch those as a kid and he became a familiar face fast!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
93 years is a good innings and fair to say a life he used quite well. I must admit, his passing brings a small shock of mortality to mind, as he was one of the iconic key figures in my youthful consciousness. The old familiarity is fading now, and one is left feeling alone in an unfamiliar landscape. RIP Mr Lee.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: MichiganSwampBuck
IMO, he beat the pants off of Bella, Boris and the rest of the B-horror flick boys.

I agree, I did like Bella though.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

He was one of my favorite horror movie actors. Like Vincent Price, he brought a certain class to his roles.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Saddened. One of my favorite movies is "The Wicker Man".

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:30 PM
link   
R.I.P. Christopher Lee.

May he be in heaven along with Vincent Price and Peter Cushing scaring the angels.

The first thing I saw him in was an episode of Space: 1999 as the alien Zantor.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: works4dhs

he was also closely enough related to charlemagne that he was legally allowed to wear his coat of arms.

also, one of his squad mates in the british commandos was ian fleming!

while filming saruman's death scene, jackson was trying to tell him how to act while being stabbed in the back. lee responded that he had personal experiences of that during WW2.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

I thought that Flemming was his cousin?

Perhaps it's both!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   

What?!

No way. I refuse to believe it. It is just not true. He will always live - in the memory of all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join