It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need a camera..any suggestions?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Hello...these are some pictures I took with my smart phone. This being my current obsession for the month. I would really like to know if there is anyone who can suggest a cheap quality camera for me to buy. I don't know how long I am going to be interested in this, so I don't really want to invest a lot of money.

But I do need something a bit better then what I am using. The color and detail that I see is not being captured by the smart phone...and I am not wanting to photo shop..I want to portray the images as I see them..

Any one who can point me in the right direction..I would greatly appreciate it.. the reason for showing the pictures is so you can see what type of images I am trying to capture and have a better idea on what type of camera I should buy..

Thanks!
blend57

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
macro photography- nice!

I can't suggest a cheap start, but I can suggest what to do if you get more interested in it.
An older model digital slr (canon 20d, for example) with a "prime" lens (50mm f/1.8) and a not so cheap set of "macro tubes"

Whole kit would probably set you back over $300, though.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: blend57

I recommend getting a used Leica digital. A good one can be had for less than $200.

Good luck with your photography and nice images, especially with a smart phone!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:58 AM
link   

Remember that the camera, too, can lie-especially in the wrong hands.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

Thank you..I'll look into that..Not too big a deal about the cost..as once I'm done with it I'll probably gift it to someone else who needs it.. but I don't really want to spend too much..as I said..my current obsession..who knows when I'll be done and find something new to explore

Thanks again...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: greencmp

Thank you..you have given me another option to explore..I'll look into this as well...and thanks for saying that about my pictures! First time taking photos like this, so, I truly appreciate you letting me know they are ok..

Thanks!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: PrinceJohnson

Very true..but if you don't explore..you never learn. So, I'm going to try and learn

Hopefully I can get better pics after a time..

Thank you for reminding me that it is not all about the camera but also the person taking the shot as well..

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Check out Ken Rockwell's site. He's a pro photographer, and has a recommended camera's page that covers camera's for different uses, from pocket to Expensive DSLR's. Recommended Camera's

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Will do..TYVM kind Sir..

Off to work..thanks to everyone who has helped..I truly appreciate it. Will check these out when I get home tonight..

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Im no photographer but I use one of the new Polaroids.... Who has time for waiting at walgreens film developer section! Amiright!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Wow, awesome pics. Do you need another camera to do as well?

My Dad used thousands of dollars worth of film cameras, traveled the Midwest and photographed many things. Todays phone camera tech is amazing, easily replacing what took loads of time, setup and lenses to accomplish back in the day.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

I have no recommendation for a "cheap" camera but you do have a good eye and should definitely continue developing this hobby.+

I recommend you this reading though:
www.amazon.com...

All you need to know about taking pictures in one book.
edit on 11-6-2015 by JUhrman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman
Im no photographer but I use one of the new Polaroids.... Who has time for waiting at walgreens film developer section! Amiright!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:19 PM
link   
I'd go with a Canon t5i, beautiful quality

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I just bought a GE X400 digital camera from tech for less, $65. It has lots of bells and whistles and even has a Macro setting.I`ve only had it for a few days but I`m real happy with it. I use it for landscape and nature photography.

top topics

join