It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Undeleatable folder

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Test entry because I think I have the solution to the what I call "background nirvana bug" here on ATS. If this post is the first one on page 3, I know what´s causing it. If not then I was wrong with my asumption.

EDIT: YES I HAVE THE SOLUTION FOR THE BUG

edit on 17-6-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Take note of the path of the file, boot into command mode, navigate to folder which contains the folder you want to delete and type
del tree FOLDERNAME

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: KaOzGrUnT

no he has to use robocopy to move the whole folder tree into a new one on root level of the drive and then he can delete the whole set of folders. He has the solution on hand, just does not know how to use "" the right way.
He already typed the solution, just failed to place two "" in the robocopy commandline.

You know, I would post it here and yes, one might think I am an asshole for writing that. But I waited and waited and waited for him to come late +30 minutes with no excuse. I would have teamviewed him and solved his problem but he decided to take an extra sleep while I was waiting until 3:30 AM in the morning in my timezone for him to show up.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: KaOzGrUnT

Take note of the path of the file, boot into command mode, navigate to folder which contains the folder you want to delete and type
del tree FOLDERNAME

Thanks for the help. I've been trying some solutions using the command line but I cant get the command out of C drive into the partition which is D drive. eg:

C:users
to ...
D:users

I partitioned my hard disc away from the C drive and I use it store my data. I think there is about 180 recursive folders and I was using IObit Uninstaller which contains a folder shredder and it says its going to delete 'x' number of files but I think it just 'grows' back.

My apologies to the bloke below your post but I told him in an email that I was going to bed as it 9pm my time and that I would return in the morning. I didn't know there was comms failure otherwise I would fixed it but I'm willing to cop that.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:02 AM
link   
It was not comms failure.

"... I'll be here at 09: 00 tomorrow....." You posted your timezone and I wrote It would be 3AM in the morning. But I was ok with that since I would be online until 2AM anyways. You came online when I went to bed at 03:30 my timezone.

You were half an hour late. Just read my post above.

mkdir D:EMPTYFOLDER
robocopy "D:EMPTYFOLDER" "D:Home stuff" /MIR

you have to add a backslash behind every ":".
ATS stripped the backslashes because of to security concerns.

This command will flush the folder "Home stuff" because EMPTYFOLDER is empty. However be aware, you loose all those files.

What you did:

robocopy D:Home stuff D:Home stuff /MIR

the space between the home and stuff requires the usage of "".

If it does not work, write an email but quick!
I´ll jump over my shadow and give you a second chance.
edit on 4-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-8-2015 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join