It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens exist: Here is the proof

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

originally posted by: tanka418

Fair enough. But, understand, that life appears to have "popped up" on Earth about as soon as Earth had liquid water.

Actually the 2 estimates are 3.5 billion years for life and 4.6 billion years for water. About 4 billion years after water intelligent life. I don't know about you, but for me that does not seem to mesh with your statement.

You're right, doesn't seem to mesh well; you should check your sources.

I have an Earth that is mostly molten rock for almost the first billion years. Then solid ground and water, life...which destroyed itself around 2.5 billion years ago. Replaced by another "kind" of life which remained simple until about 500 million years ago.

Course then theories do vary...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
If you believe you have seen UFOs that's great, but keep in mind many times we are FAR behind what our scientists and government know, reason being it's technology that's being tested and some of it might be potentially dangerous in the wrong hands so it's not all released at once. What you may have seen could easily have been a human invention. There are 7 billion people on this land and many times we underestimate each other. Each person has a bit of greatness within them. Our technology is vastly improving and so your ufo sighting might be just that, an experiment.

As for the thread however, how can we even quantify the odds of the existence of other life out there. When we have only seen one unique event? Before you can put possibilites to anything there must at least be a finite number of galaxies or there must be 2 found else you'll end up with a statement saying the odds are 1 in infinity(Or total number of existing planets/moons/entities that can sustain life) It's not impossible to be unique, and a further look at this, human beings. No two are the exact same which means we are all currently 1:7.8Bil a chance of encountering someone who is an exact replica of ourselves. This thread is essentially baseless.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Fair enough. But, understand, that life appears to have "popped up" on Earth about as soon as Earth had liquid water.

Actually the 2 estimates are 3.5 billion years for life and 4.6 billion years for water. About 4 billion years after water intelligent life. I don't know about you, but for me that does not seem to mesh with your statement.

You're right, doesn't seem to mesh well; you should check your sources.

I have an Earth that is mostly molten rock for almost the first billion years. Then solid ground and water, life...which destroyed itself around 2.5 billion years ago. Replaced by another "kind" of life which remained simple until about 500 million years ago.

Course then theories do vary...

Ummmm no.

Earth Water: ~4.5 Billion years

However, we do have a little bit of rock that is 4,400,000,000 years old, found on the continent of Australia. This rock shows evidence that the surface of the Earth was solid and cool when this rock solidified, just 600,000,000 years after the Earth was formed!

There was even liquid water present where this rock solidified!

So as far back as we have geological evidence of what the Earth was like, there was liquid water present.

curious.astro.cornell.edu... te

Liquid Water At Earth's Surface 4.3 Billion Years Ago, Scientists Discover

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:57 AM
link   
I didn't read all replays but I agree with the OP in general.

Universe is a big place and if we exists on earth why would I think that this did not occur anywhere else in some form?

The only question for me is how much did they developed?

The universe is as big as it is old. And I think that we are the new kids on a block in grand scheme of things. And if this is true then there should exists far older civilizations, which are maybe even non/meta physical.

Dunno.

But if I were to imagine our race in a 10 thousand years with science progressing as fast as today and IF we don't end ourselves then my imagination is to limited to understand what we will be capable of...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
Universe is a big place and if we exists on earth why would I think that this did not occur anywhere else in some form?

How is that proof?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:28 AM
link   
it's not, but it is common sense for me....

if you are an atheist with a belief in coincidences and chances then surly you don't think that we are a miracle, only one in the universe?

If you are not an atheist, then this should be even clearer...

And we have even found water on other planets or moons which is a basic for life and all it takes is just another step to life, and then another to intelligent, self-aware life and then another to have them develop...is it really far fetched to think that way? I don't think so...

as for proof. Well I tend to think that if even one case is true, it's enough. And can you honestly say that every UFO or alien or abduction related case is false among thousands of them?
I believe in the people and their honesty and I think that not all of them lie or have a hidden agenda, other then to only share the truth about what they witnessed.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Slightly off topic, but I just saw at least two big alien faces in the clouds. They took up the majority of the sky. It was the small head, big eyed, small chinned ones. Did anyone else see something similar tonight?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Google Fermi paradox it is scientific reply to Drake equation, after all it is math-statistical problem from 1960s. No proof just hypothesis.100 years ago instead ufos, there was fairies and leprechauns with only witness testimony, now there is testimony for ufos and anal probes. reply to: Ultralight

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
a reply to: UniFinity

The universe is a funny place.

Life - 2.7 - 3.5 Billion years
Solar system - 4.56 Billion years
Earth - 4.4 billion years
Water - 4.3 Billion years (And believed to be water that is older than the sun)
Human beings - 2.2 Million years

With that being said, it essentially took us quiet some time to get off the ground and as you can see many species here on earth still haven't reached anywhere significant to be noticed, probably if apes get a few million more years they may be the next big thing.

It's obvious that water isn't the sole purpose to human life. Nor is water the definite 'go to' property when looking for life, as it was older than the ear yet life itself developed billions of years later and the fact that we don't know what it came from means we can never asses the odds of alien life existing beyond earth.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Emerys

A well worked piece on the likelihood of life existing. But not really proof. Evaluating our own history isn't necessarily the same for another dominant species on another distant plant. For example dinosaurs may exist on a planet where they haven't been wiped out like on earth, and I think the odds of dinosaurs developing rockets would be slim, although who knows.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: UniFinity
it's not, but it is common sense for me....

if you are an atheist with a belief in coincidences and chances then surly you don't think that we are a miracle, only one in the universe?

If you are not an atheist, then this should be even clearer...

And we have even found water on other planets or moons which is a basic for life and all it takes is just another step to life, and then another to intelligent, self-aware life and then another to have them develop...is it really far fetched to think that way? I don't think so...

as for proof. Well I tend to think that if even one case is true, it's enough. And can you honestly say that every UFO or alien or abduction related case is false among thousands of them?
I believe in the people and their honesty and I think that not all of them lie or have a hidden agenda, other then to only share the truth about what they witnessed.

And there are thousands of stories about gods and demons. And it has been common sense that they exist and interact with humans not too long ago.

Then science happened. Common sense had a hard time to find a place for ethereal beings. Fortunately science found other planets and suns. So the solution was obvious, move them to outer space, far away from earth and science. And all was good.

Praise our alien gods!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 03:08 AM
link   
- There is evidence that suggests the universe might be populated with a cornucopia of life forms.

- There is also evidence that suggests that there might not be.

Conclusion: No one can know until proof of either is shown. It's fun for some to think about the possibilities, and they come to ATS to do that. It's fun for others to shoot them down, and they also come to ATS to do that.
edit on 12-6-2015 by humanityrising because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: uncommitted

originally posted by: amazing
Great thread. Well said. You put it much better than I usually do.

Mathematically, it would seem probable that there are billions of planets with life on them and Mathematically it would seem probably that millions of those planets would have evolved life. It would also appear mathematically probable, that of those millions of planets with evolved life on them thousands would have had a head start on us and it would then also appear probably that hundreds of those could have avoided catastrophe and have civilizations millions or billions of years old.

This would then lead us to speculate that it is highly likely that these advanced civilizations with their technology millions/billions of years ahead of us could know we are here have sent robotic craft out for centuries if not millennia and have telescopes and other technology that would appear as magic to us. They could see and go anywhere given enough time.

Hypothetically it's highly possible that these advanced civilizations have come to earth or at least know of our existence.

Fascinating!

I always find this argument quite compelling, but is it really? Crocodiles, Aligators, hey even cockroaches have had a head start of millions of years, and have arguably advanced to the level they need to - don't see much evidence of them launching a space program. I know that may sound facetious, but we assume intelligence on any other planet would have the same aspirations as the human race does - that to me messes up the logic of where people use the Drake equation and then postulate further.

That's a good point.

I guess the next logical argument to have is: Would every planet that has harbored life for millions of years have a dominant species? Or would every planet with similar climate, gravity and atmosphere....produce bipeds or super large species? Endless questions I suppose.

Indeed, endless questions, and what would being the dominant species actually mean? Technically it's top of the food chain, that's it really - anything else is assumptions we are projecting.

Personally I think the vast majority of people who have considered the question would think it's reasonable to assume other planets have/do/will harbour life of some sort. It's the next two pieces that are the stretch - does that mean they have left that planet and that then progresses to have they left their planet and at some point have visited our own. It's those two points that I do not believe there is solid proof of, the latter of which appears to be the one that seems to vex a lot of people.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Others have already said it but. You make a good case for there being some sort of life out there. The case you fail to make however is why there isn't any contact between us and them. There are many explanations to this. Assuming no one knows how to build craft that can travel the distances how would we ever communicate? It could take centuries for a message to be received and that only works if they're listening for that message in the first place.

What if the time period of the radio is only 200 years of our development and we replace it with something else? What if every other civilization did the same thing? No one would ever communicate through radio in that case.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   
I agree with most of what Emerys is saying - statistically the probability is very high of there being other planets containing life. But I don't think that time necessarily equals a development in intelligence. Take the dinosaurs for example. They were on this planet for millions of years but they didn't develop to the point of inventing space travel - or inventing anything at all actually!

Other life in the universe may have absolutely no concept of the universe. And that life could have been developing and evolving for millions or even billions of years.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Emerys

You are absolutely correct, some people would like to bog you down into illogic and false intellectualism.

But you nailed it and keep using that God given head of yours
edit on 12-6-2015 by RubberSky because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: moebius
hehe look you just don't know for sure. Maybe there is still interaction going on even today but in other ways then in the past? everything changes, humans, aliens, gods,...nothing is permanent. And if you want to know for sure, you must invest some time and devotion into meditation and try it out on your own skin, just like swimming.

Science is great in a way and we achieved much with it.

But consider what we can loose because of it along the way. There are trash all over the planet and the pollution is definitely a big problem. Especially for the sea life. We forgot about all other life - plant and animal alike for science or progress.

Praise our science!

Right?

As much as science has given us benefits it also damaged us in many ways. It is just a matter of prospective...

Ok, that should be enough for derailing the thread...which is about aliens

a reply to: SuspiciousTom

Yes, this is a great point and I agree, we don't know for sure about any of the stuff you mentioned. The only thing we are left with is circumstantial proof (like implants, dead animal mutilations,...) and witness testimonies. Very likely that most of them are fake, but as I said - I am sure in my gut that at least one is a true and valid case. And that is enough!

I trust in the good hearts of the people

Even I was a witness to an UFO and I was with two friends and we all saw it. And we were all sure that it was not a plane due to a flight path with hard turns and speed it moved in the night sky. But that could be human or alien vehicle I don't know...

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Legman

Take your argument in reverse....

There 5*1022 inhabitable planets. In billions of years available for an alien species to develop evolve and create new travel technologies we have seen zero proof.

Therefore I conclude earth is the exception to the rule that there is no life in the universe.

Bad Proofs are easy without math and evidence huh?

I know what I saw August 15, 2009 and that's all the proof I need. For some reason or another "they" don't feel we're ready or there is a need for us to have our concrete proof.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I could base an argument just on Biblical fact alone.The Bible clearly states that when God came from somewhere else he came into this area of space and it was without form or structure, he created all that we see and then placed us here if we are apart of GOD then we also came from somewhere else so basically every time that you look in the mirror you're looking at an alien.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: ACENOFACE

I could base an argument just on Biblical fact alone.The Bible clearly states that when God came from somewhere else he came into this area of space and it was without form or structure, he created all that we see and then placed us here if we are apart of GOD then we also came from somewhere else so basically every time that you look in the mirror you're looking at an alien.

"Biblical fact"?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join