It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Frequencies Discovered on the Radio Waves: Can You Make Sense of this Bizarre Recording?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Honestly, I didn't listen to much of it, but it wasn't pleasant, and art should be, at least for me. Not humorous to me, either, because it's so disturbing to people (even if they assign nothing weird to it), and a good joke shouldn't injure someone, even emotionally. That won't stop some from pulling such pranks, however. A bad joke isn't funny to any but the ones pulling it, but many still pull such jokes.

Another possibility is that this was done to see the reactions, for some sort of study. Either way, it's rather sick, in my opinion. The best way to diffuse that sort of thing is to call it out, and then refuse to let it bother you.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
a reply to: zazzafrazz
Gotta be a joke or a prank. Or... *panic emoticon here*

For some reason, it made me think of this movie...

That was an awesome movie.

Rebel 5

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   
My Dobie stopped for a brief moment while I was playing this, then he went back to licking his balls. I did hear 1988 and 1985 I think. But sorry sounds fabricated to me.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I heard this same sound on my radio about 3 or 4 years ago. I was on a dark road miles from home with my daughter and it really scared us! I called the radio station to ask what that was about and he said that happens when they are switching from music over to the game. It gets distorted for a few minutes before it clears up. He went on to apologize for scaring us and said he always get's calls when that happens.
I suspect that is why the comments are disabled on the OP video - DJ's know what that sound is.
edit on 11-6-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Honestly, I didn't listen to much of it, but it wasn't pleasant, and art should be, at least for me. Not humorous to me, either, because it's so disturbing to people (even if they assign nothing weird to it), and a good joke shouldn't injure someone, even emotionally. That won't stop some from pulling such pranks, however. A bad joke isn't funny to any but the ones pulling it, but many still pull such jokes.

Another possibility is that this was done to see the reactions, for some sort of study. Either way, it's rather sick, in my opinion. The best way to diffuse that sort of thing is to call it out, and then refuse to let it bother you.

I am not sure what you mean by "calling it out", and if you didn't find it funny, I still can't understand why you call it a "joke"? Curious choice of word, is all.

Lots of art is aimed at stirring some uncomfortable feelings.... there is some who feel that there is some benefit to the catharsis of seeing our deepest abstract fears and repressed drives expressed through art. A sort of exorcism effect. Even for children (why fairytales always have scary or evil elements included).

I often think that teens and young adults, especially, like to experiment with art which challenges the current modes of feeling and thought that are socially acceptable.... which is sort of their "job" as adults, to effect change to culture.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma
I am not sure what you mean by "calling it out", and if you didn't find it funny, I still can't understand why you call it a "joke"? Curious choice of word, is all.

Lots of art is aimed at stirring some uncomfortable feelings.... there is some who feel that there is some benefit to the catharsis of seeing our deepest abstract fears and repressed drives expressed through art. A sort of exorcism effect. Even for children (why fairytales always have scary or evil elements included).

I often think that teens and young adults, especially, like to experiment with art which challenges the current modes of feeling and thought that are socially acceptable.... which is sort of their "job" as adults, to effect change to culture.

Calling it out simply means pointing out that it wasn't some real broadcast, with some weird supernatural element. Calling it a joke is calling it what whoever set it up would call it. That it isn't funny to you and I doesn't mean it wasn't meant as a joke.

Why would it be anyone's job to change culture? Why the assumption that some change is needed?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I actually went into researching some sound artists last night and the subject is pretty fascinating!

My dog too, near the end of that recording, suddenly jumped up and started barking and startled the heck out of me!

It made me wonder- what kinds of sounds might be layered in there? Does it include frequencies of over 20kHz?
(That might explain the effect on dogs...)

I was reading about various sound artists, like Maryanne Amacher , and look at this description of some of the effects she was working with- distortion product otoacoustic emissions

When played at the right sound level, which is quite high and exciting, the tones in this music will cause your ears to act as neurophonic instruments that emit sounds that will seem to be issuing directly from your head ... (my audiences) discover they are producing a tonal dimension of the music which interacts melodically, rhythmically, and spatially with the tones in the room. Tones 'dance' in the immediate space of their body, around them like a sonic wrap, cascade inside ears, and out to space in front of their eyes ... Do not be alarmed! Your ears are not behaving strange or being damaged! ... these virtual tones are a natural and very real physical aspect of auditory perception, similar to the fusing of two images resulting in a third three dimensional image in binocular perception ... I want to release this music which is produced by the listener ..

Honestly, I have gained a fascination for this area of creation! (this is what I love about discussion boards, the stimulation to explore ideas you never would have known about otherwise).

Combine that area of stimulation (sound) with linguistic relativity (the way language shapes non-linguistic thinking) makes this all the more interesting to me!

edit on 12-6-2015 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Now you're changing the subject.
The Q was "Can You Make Sense of this Bizarre Recording?"

And I did it for you.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:47 AM
link   
a reply to: yeahsurexxx

You haven't bothered to read anyones posts. You are saying nothing different to consensus, but are bursting in here insisting we are all somehow stupid for not knowing this is a production of some type. Which we all pretty much aready agreed it was.
So, Thanks for stopping by....

edit on 12-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes

Calling it out simply means pointing out that it wasn't some real broadcast, with some weird supernatural element. Calling it a joke is calling it what whoever set it up would call it. That it isn't funny to you and I doesn't mean it wasn't meant as a joke.

Why would it be anyone's job to change culture? Why the assumption that some change is needed?

OH! I didn't catch the supernatural claim!! I just saw it was actually broadcast on a college radio channel- that when you look up, they claim to use experimental and artsy-fartsy stuff.
I'll look back again- perhaps I missed the claim of supernatural sources.....

On changes, I don't know if I would say change is "needed"....(good question).
I would more tend to say, change happens, no matter what. Events, environmental and political factors continue to change, and society and cultural must adapt to those (okay, yeah, there's a need!).

Older generations can keep their role in directing and influencing the changes, but I kinda like the idea that young people bring in "new and fresh" ideas. Every generation has to come of age and put in their two cents, no?

The thing is, change and novelty has the effect of challenging the old and familiar, and making us uncomfortable during that passage.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 04:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: yeahsurexxx

Now you're changing the subject.
The Q was "Can You Make Sense of this Bizarre Recording?"

And I did it for you.

You have the text they used? I am really interested in reading it, to make sense of the statement or feeling they were trying to get across!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Frequencies over 30k is above our hearing, wales and dolphins communicate with high pitch sounds we cannot hear.

When you reach frequencies around 100 MegaHertz we talk radio.
Those are so high pitched that we will never hear them, also Wifi and such go up to 2-3Giga Hertz.

The earth resonates a 7.83 hertz, very low sub bass noise wich our minds filter out.

You need to always frame the concept "frequency" in terms of "frequency of what", or you end up with errors.

Radio is not sound. Sound is not radio. It's not just a frequency range of something. You can have radio waves with what would be an audible frequency if it were sound, but you won't be able to hear it. Conversely, you can have sound at a frequency that you would associate with radio, but you can't transmit it with an antenna. Radio and sound are qualitatively different phenomena. Radio is an electromagnetic wave. Sound is a compression wave in a medium, typically air or water. One travels at the speed of light, the other at the speed of sound.

The earth does not resonate at a bass note you tune out. The earth-ionosphere wave guide resonates radio waves at about 7.83Hz (it varies constantly). You could never hear it, because it's not sound.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 07:32 AM
link   
i think it was produced by a group of uni students around 95.
give me a moment to find the article about that

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   

It's as much a case of those listening assuming some supernatural aspect, as claims made by those posting.

Changes can be good, and they can also be very bad. Change for the sake of change alone isn't a good idea.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Yup, performance piece... ya see, in the 80's (and pretty much all through human history, I'd guess, but particularly the 60's thru 80's) "artists" would take some strange mix of chems (or just have some already in their head, naturally) and make bizarre, scary, art.

This has "student" written all over it.

Of COURSE some people with no exposure to weird would hear this, think "Yup, demonic aliens" and go get blessed at their local blessing hole of choice... but nope, just some mutants, acid and time here... and maybe a local OTO temple heh.

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The woman's voice sounds like a text to speech engine to me. Are we sure this is as old as claimed? Just wondering. The production quality sounds greater than the era being claimed as well. Could this be a more recent creation? Again, just asking and raising the possibility.

Peace.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv
"good mix"

You get the facepalm award for 2015.

Thanks, I will cherish it.

A good mix is context specific to what is trying to be accomplished. It is authored to be spooky and employs digital effects that accomplish that very effectively. You should argue why you feel that was not so.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join