It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush In 1995: Unwed Mothers Should Be Publicly Shamed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
got to love this world we've created!!
big banks pull off massive scams and make tons of money while tanking our economy, and they get nice big bailouts from the gov't. never mind that the shock waves from their actions causes a ton of people to become unemployed!

companies send their jobs to countries where they are able to pay such low wages they have to enclose the roofs with barbed wire and they are praised by the great increase in profits.

and well, we won't talk about those great politicians that rig the laws so that we can all be taken again and again for the sake of the rich becomming richer!! no, they are great leaders!

but the weakest, lowest among us, well they are the ones that deserve the shame!

lol....ya right!

I know. we have created a crappy world from the great society without accountability or responsability and no limits to public funds. And lo!ook how well it has worked--more broken families, more expense, less results, no accountability but as long as those people keep voting democrat, you really don't care and LBJ got his dream.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc]It is the business of every taxpayer.

If you believe 200+ million taxpayer are ever all going to agree on what tax money should go to you're living in la-la land, doc, and probably in the wrong country.

And the people who yearn for the most control are usually the ones getting all the tax benes and loopholes.
edit on 6/10/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

Your typing ability has significantly declined as this thread has developed.

Are you drinking?

See that? I can make assumptions, too. I'm not going to continue debating with someone who is possibly impaired.

edit on 6/10/2015 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: daryllyn

Are you drinking?

See that? I can make assumptions, too.

I was thinking the same to be honest. LOL

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

It is the business of every taxpayer.

Oh God. I bet you are one of those people who think 'taxpayers' should be able to choose what people on food stamps eat too, aren't you? Do you argue over whether they should be able to spend "your money" on toilet paper, and such?

It's really NOT any of your business, and you are deluding yourself if you think it is. Sometimes it's necessary to get out of your own head, and your own ego to see people for what they really are, and not your pre-conceived notion of them. You know?
If you can't buy your own stuff, then the guy who does by you stuff GSD every right to have an inpit. It is laughable to deman independence when you are not independent.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Are you drinking?

See that? I can make assumptions, too. I'm not going to continue debating with someone who is possibly impaired.

So in failing an actual discussion, you resort to ad hominin? I'm working a small IPhone.
edit on 10-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

So in failing an actual discussion, you resort to ad hominin?

But isn't assuming I'm uneducated, a feminist, and a leftist.... the same exact thing?

Pot, meet Kettle.

(Added quote for clarity.)
edit on 6/10/2015 by daryllyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

If you believe 200+ million taxpayer are ever all going to agree on what tax money should go to you're living in la-la land, doc, and probably in the wrong country.

And the people who yearn for the most control are usually the ones getting all the tax benes and loopholes.

I disagree. Those who want the most control to buy votes from the masses.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   
one could also argue that in order for people to be responsible, they have to have a means to be responsible (decent paying jobs, an affordable cost of living) !!!
seems to me that one side has been making it easier to avoid the responsibility while the other side has been busy shifting the flow of money away from the people and into the bank accounts of big business.
so well, what in hades name do you expect to happen?
if you want my opinion, both sides have been working in unison toward a common goal, and us being financially responsible in any way isn't it! afterall dependency does = servitude!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

I disagree. Those who want the most control to buy votes from the masses.

I'm almost sure that's an agreement there.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:58 PM
link   

But isn't assuming I'm uneducated, a feminist, and a leftist.... the same exact thing?

No, those are three things. A true feminist is a great person --girls can do what they want. A radical leftist feminist is not a good thing--girls can only do things that support our Marxist ideology.
There is a difference.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:00 PM
link   
unless of course, the money is being given to a big bank and they are using it to give nice supersized bonuses to their top employees...then it's no one's business but the heads of the company!!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
So it isn't "shaming" to criticize "doc" to have him come to your point of view?

I'm sure seeing some negative comments here.

ATS Shaming.

lolz

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   

You misunderstood my question...

You accused me of making ad hominem attacks when you have made several yourself. That was my point.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:09 PM
link   

It is laughable to demand independence when you are not independent.

I assume you are in the U.S. right? And that you are familiar with how we live?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

Are you sure those "a" s came from psych and not womyn's studies?

You are just full of assumptions, aren't you.

I must be a feminist, right?

Psych obviously didn't take, do what was it?

You're becoming flustered navy ol' boy. Your not used to being shown up in such a way, I take it?

"You burnt your hand because you put it on the stove." - blaming.
"Look at this fool. He put his hand on the stove and burnt his hand. What an idiot." - shaming.

I know I'm no drill sergeant, but do try to keep your misogynist attitude in check. And take a breath. lol

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
it's also laughable to assume that you will continue to enjoy your freedom in a country where the population is increasingly becoming more and more dependent on gov't benefits or charity instead of the earnings from their labor!

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
it's also laughable to assume that you will continue to enjoy your freedom in a country where the population is increasingly becoming more and more dependent on gov't benefits or charity instead of the earnings from their labor!

That is strikingly true.

The Bill of Rights, Constitution will become meaningless with a tidal wave of entitlement-thought.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
It's amazing to me that anyone would support "public shaming" of any sort. It attempts to 'humiliate', and anybody who wishes to humiliate a woman who is pregnant -- just ain't much to 'em in my book.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
It's amazing to me that anyone would support "public shaming" of any sort. It attempts to 'humiliate', and anybody who wishes to humiliate a woman who is pregnant -- just ain't much to 'em in my book.

You never argue?

You never debate?

You're always respectful and mindful of your opponents needs and wants and desires?

Golly.

I'm not as awesome as you are.

*humbly grovels*

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join