It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeb Bush In 1995: Unwed Mothers Should Be Publicly Shamed

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Men can and do say no all the time. We just hear about the ones that don't. And let me tell you a lot of women take advantage of men that cant say no and think some who can are strange or something. Want to see a woman get very strange tell her no. And then look out.

Just go back through this thread and look at all the emotional land mines one has to tip toe around just to have a conversation about this issue.

Notice to some of the heat men get on this issue for calling for some responsibility. The sort of men that never got a girl in trouble or if they did they man up about it.

edit on 13-6-2015 by Logarock because: n

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 02:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

Jeb never mentioned shaming the fathers for desertion.

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Logarock

maybe the responsibility matures too slowly in the human race?
I mean you do see quite a few posts from both men and women that will kind of give you the impression that they really aren't thinking too far in the future when it comes to sex.
the fact is unless you are fairly certain that the person is someone who you would want to be tied to for the next 20 or so years, well you more than likely should avoid the sex part till you are sure! ya there is birth control, and well, there's abortion as an alternative, but well, if a baby does happen to come into the world you are rather screwed if the relationship doesn't work out, doesn't matter if you are the father or the mother.
and relationships are a give and take on both sides, not just one doing all the taking while the other is doing all the giving. both are gonna have to lay down their own wishes and desires once in awhile to please the other and well I've watched many times where this just didn't happen. And once a few kids are in the picture, well, it's much more costly for that couple to maintain two households than it is one.
the third thing we should be looking at is the economics in this country. the financial stresses that are being put on families is outrageous. a couple shouldn't have to separate just so that their children can get needed medical care other necessities and it happens!
but, for some reason, although all that I've said is really quite true, when the relationships fall apart and mom is stuck with the kids, well, the focus is shifted to her irresponsible behavior.....
with really not much said about the dad that quits his good paying job and goes underground taking another job that's under the table as soon as the child support services find him.
and not much is said about the leaders of the country that are continuously making supporting that family more and more difficult!
nope it's just the women, they are just oh so irresponsible!!

for every irresponsible single mom out there there is one or more irresponsible men!

posted on Jun, 14 2015 @ 04:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Logarock
a reply to: MOMof3

Men can and do say no all the time. We just hear about the ones that don't. And let me tell you a lot of women take advantage of men that cant say no and think some who can are strange or something. Want to see a woman get very strange tell her no. And then look out.

Just go back through this thread and look at all the emotional land mines one has to tip toe around just to have a conversation about this issue.

Notice to some of the heat men get on this issue for calling for some responsibility. The sort of men that never got a girl in trouble or if they did they man up about it.

Exactly. A few of my posts got deleted in this thread simply because I offended the sensibilities of a few women. They'll call that "trolling", but really I'm just being up front and candid about issues that everyone else is too subdued and frightened to talk about.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: DiggerDogg

So it is true. Women are expected to be the stronger gender in the hearts of men. Like, "Save me" kind of strong. So, with cloning and fertilization techniqes, what good is your gender going to be in the future?

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I'm personally glad Jeb wasn't born in biblical times.
Can you imagine him shaming Mary who was unmarried when she was impregnated by God?

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join