It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars Spirit Rover panoramic image of... What is this?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: raedar
Looks like a guard shack from ye days of old.

That is odd looking.

I don't know. Gives the impression of being artificial. It would help to see it from another angle.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: funbox
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

would it not be plausible that its something that's landed on the planet that comes from our repertoire of machinery >?

space junk ?

funbox

Of course it's plausible, as well as possible and even to some extent probable but look at who we're talking to here.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

ah well , ...

I would have gone with space junk ,but I couldn't help but notice the odd intersection

funbox

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrueMessiah

originally posted by: funbox

would it not be plausible that its something that's landed on the planet that comes from our repertoire of machinery >?

space junk ?

funbox

Of course it's plausible, as well as possible and even to some extent probable but look at who we're talking to here.

Why not just say what's on your mind? I don't think every rock on Mars is an alien artifact, so I must be a shill. Right?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Whatever would be left of a civilization on Mars would be LONG gone by now due to the weather. Sand would cover things up, rock would crumble...

Mars hasn't been a very hospitable place for a very, VERY long time. I don't know why we are so naive to think that anything would be left on the surface.

Now if we found some human space suit foot prints...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Why not just say what's on your mind? I don't think every rock on Mars is an alien artifact, so I must be a shill. Right?

I wouldn't say that but, lets just say that the way you respond in some of these threads would give some that impression. That's the main reason I said you should switch up and address these topics with an open mind.

edit on CDTWed, 10 Jun 2015 18:36:14 -0500000000America/ChicagoJunAmerica/Chicago141436pm by TrueMessiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

maybe it was the small detail that was preventing you from seeing the symmetry , angularity of the thing.. one sec ..

*intence mfb fiddling*

better ?

funbox

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: raedar

I think the reason it's easy to dismiss things like this is because it doesn't look like signs of a civilization. But why would we be looking for signs of civilization on Ceres?

On a rock like Ceres, I would look for simple, mostly submerged, objects from past mining efforts or outposts. This cone thingy could be anything (likely a rock) but we have no idea what leftover mining junk would look like. It might look like a cone.

I'm not saying I have any expectation of finding any signs of anything in our solar system but, if we did, it would likely be of an industrial nature and mostly subterranean.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   
a reply to: draknoir2

very odd looking. It almost appears like something oozed down the side of this, like a mini volcano.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:37 PM
link   
It's a penguin without a head.....it's a headless penguin......a Martian headless penguin.

There I said it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

In your top photo next to the hollow bone, i can see what looks like a rib bone to the immediate right, and above what looks like a conch shell with the opening facing the sky and the rest burried in the sand. A quick and dirty way to tell fossil bone, or just bone in general from rock is porus pits. Unfortunately i cant get a clearer zoom image to tell.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Macenroe82

took a while to find that ,

www.abovetopsecret.com...&mem=

will be on that page

funbox

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
When I first looked at it, I saw this:

After looking at it closer, I think it's actually two flat rocks:

Then when you focus on the "outcropping", it looks suspiciously like Isaac Koi:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

You win.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:41 AM
link   

right on, thanks. That was a good thread as well

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Argyll

I'll say it. Wonder what a headless martian penguin tastes like???

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:40 AM
link   
this rock does look like an interesting rock.when i go to the river i see plenty of awesome rocks. honestly these are my favorite things to look at on ats. someone posts a picture of a rock on a rock floating in space and people see all sorts of things. some are very strange and some have me drinking the kool-aid. i WANT there to be something other than rocks out there. im sure you guys have good rock pictures. care to share?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Perhaps this is the pedestal that people seem to place Mars on.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

LOL!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Im a mining engineer, i spend the majorty of my time underground 4 days a week. I showed your pics, the one i thought resembled a rib bone and conch shell, to 2 geologist at my mine site i work at. Both of them told me that hollow bone like structure you found appears to be a coral. (Of course this is just an observation)
When i told them that those were pics from mars one of them said its not surprising as mars was once thought to have oceans.
corals are made from cacium carbonate, which over thousands of years turn to lime stone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join