It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Marilyn Mosby Ordered Police Crackdown on Area Where Freddie Gray Fled

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Did the e-mail say it was okay to break the criminals?

To me it looks like to the police thought the were just having all fun and games ( Rough rides ) until they broke a African-American .

edit on 10-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Prosecuting attorney's cannot give orders to police departments.

While this is true, as the State's Attorney a request from her would hold a lot of weight with the police department. In the past, the State's Attorney or District Attorney would work very closely with the Police or Sheriff's Department. Now, I'm not so sure.

But let's assume they can... if she had authority to direct the police department to go into a specific area and crack down on drug dealers, how is any of what happened her fault and how is it that she'd be in conflict?

Well it complicates things greatly for her going forward. In my opinion, her biggest argument for charging the officers was the fact that they had no reasonable suspicion to chase Freddie Gray after he spotted the police and took off running.

The Supreme Court ruled that fleeing in a high crime area at the sight of police is enough to create reasonable suspicion. Illinois V. Wardlow

With this case law in mind, how could the State's Attorney make the argument that it was not a high crime area when she requested the police step up their patrols, due to high crime, in the very intersection they initially encountered Freddie Gray?

In my opinion, she can't. And now, she could potentially be called as a witness for the defense to testify on the email she sent to the police commander. The defense attorneys will try to establish that it was a high crime area and Freddie Gray's actions did amount to reasonable suspicion under Illinois V. Wardlow.

I don't know the procedure or rules but, typically, the prosecuting attorney can't be a witness for the defense. That kinda makes things embarrassing at the least.

Just the way I see it though. I am not going to claim to be an expert.
edit on 10-6-2015 by areyouserious2010 because: added

edit on 10-6-2015 by areyouserious2010 because: added

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   

And Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has WHAT to do with Freddie Gray?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

And Stephanie Rawlings-Blake has WHAT to do with Freddie Gray?

Plenty.

Don't get contaminated with the MSM.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Plenty.
Don't get contaminated with the MSM.

Pretty cryptic. Do they have something to do with each other or not? Or is this just another wild branch of your "conspiracy theory"?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Pretty cryptic

Not just me then...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   

It's all right here.

Wake up and smell the coffee.

Baltimore Mayor Key Player in Obama’s Federal Takeover of Local Police Mayor's link to Justice Dept. explains why she gave rioters "space to destroy"

conspiracies are fun !!

don't get all wadded up in literals.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Pretty cryptic

Not just me then...

strike 2 for you.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

It's all right here.

That article doesn't mention Marilyn Mosby... Do you think Marilyn Mosby (State's Attorney for Baltimore) and Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (the mayor of Baltimore) are the same person??

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:43 PM
link   

I wasn't aware of the 1st strike.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Now it's strike 3.

Try hard to address the issues.

You can do it.

It's easy as pie.

I have confidence.

How much effect will the exposed email have on the prosecution of the 6 police?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

It's all right here.

That article doesn't mention Marilyn Mosby... Do you think Marilyn Mosby (State's Attorney for Baltimore) and Stephanie Rawlings-Blake (the mayor of Baltimore) are the same person??

Same person? No.

Although they have much in common with the case.

They're both Democrats.

They're both Lawyers.

They're both elected politicians.

They're both in the spotlight of the case.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:03 PM
link   

I read your article, despite the hilarious ad for Jones' "overdrive formula" right in the middle of it.

It's pretty clear that neither you nor Jones have any concept of what that commission is intended to do. Which is kind of sad, seeing as there's all sorts of papers written about it.

This is evidenced by the fact that this was, according to you and Jones, all done so Obama could federalize them under his COPS program but guess what? Baltimore isn't in the pilot program for it. And nothing has come out to show that they will be included in the pilot program, which is already under way in the cities that were selected.

It's sad that getting federal grants is being seized on by people as evidence of the federalization of police forces. Grants are given out all the time. Have been for quite some time now. Way before Obama took office. They do things like send officers for specialized training, bring federal agencies in to conduct training in things like detecting counterfeit money and on and on and on.

Lack of knowledge is indeed a dangerous thing.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

That's why it's a conspiracy.

Another issue yet to be "whispered" is the fact that a Democrat DA apparently "suggested" that police actually crack down on drug dealers in a big Democrat city (the silence of the crickets).

Had this been exposed in a "Republican" city, all Hell and blame would break loose.

I wait for the rebuttals from Baltimore DA official sources.

The 2016 campaign issues are forming daily.

Democrats might have more trouble than they did in 2014.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Now it's strike 3.

Try hard to address the issues.

You can do it.

It's easy as pie.

I have confidence.

How much effect will the exposed email have on the prosecution of the 6 police?

I addressed this issue in my first post...

So I'm guessing I haven't struck out just yet.

I'll repeat.

Unless the emails said "kill a few while you're at it" then these emails are irrelevant to the Freddie Gray case.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Unless the emails said "kill a few while you're at it" then these emails are irrelevant to the Freddie Gray case.

I would argue that the emails are very relevant.

I would be interested to hear your opinion on my above post.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Being uninformed does not a conspiracy make.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   
a reply to: areyouserious2010

I actually thought it was very informative.

It was a great post.

Let's say as it stands, he ran, they had a new protocol in the "high crime" area, and they were justified in tracking him down...

That's all well and good, until he ends up passing away due to such a neglectful approach to doing so.

Isn't it the 4th or 5th amendment that would take precedent over that SC ruling.

Edit: 5th (ie right to trial)
edit on 10-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-6-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: areyouserious2010

Great post. Very well articulated.

My only comment would be in response to "how can she argue it wasn't a high crime area..." And so on.

My response would be "by admitting she was using her office to influence the police in an area she has known and established ties to." To what end? No idea. Nor do I think she'll admit that, obviously. But I think all too often people are ignoring that angle to things: she's well entrenched in that area, with numerous personal ties to other influential people in the area.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I wonder how the idea that Freddie G. was a known police informant fits into this conspiracy.
www.inquisitr.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join