It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Nukes Could Be Deployed to UK to Target Russia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:06 AM
link   
a reply to: woodwardjnr

Sorry, I didn't get the joke..My bad - it's hard to detect humour in text...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
Bollocks, I know guys who have worked on Nuclear subs at faslane. (Contracted by Babcock engineering) As for thousands of job losses..? The figure is more like 550 when a Sub is in for repair..less than 300 full time employees when they are not...so no big loss,

Even the people who live around faslane (11,000) have came to the conclusion that The base brings in very little ££ into the community. Gib as a nuke base,? yeah Spain and the people of Gibraltar are gonna love that..No chance.

Exactly what is bollocks, Solo?

Thousands of Job Losses, ??? The MOD dont even have 200 employees on their books at Faslane. it's all a Myth or in your case, Utter Bollocks.
As i said, I have friends who have worked for Babcock Marine at Faslane in the past when the subs came in to dry dock for a refit, I have seen the Pics, Now if that's not repair then they must have sneaked into faslane, put on some overalls, Hauled the Sub from the water just for a photo shoot.

The Loss of Faslane and other Nuclear facilities in Scotland would be a plus, not a minus.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

1,500, apparently. You're just looking at direct employment at Faslane, not the entire supply chain associated with the base, as it is convenient for the point you're labouring to make.

BBC

But then, I expect you to rubbish the BBC article as you have known sympathies....

The subs at Faslane currently are the SSBN's and the Astutes - like I have now said three times. At Devonport, the Trafalgar are based there until at least 2017 - again, as I have said. No Trafalgar class has ever been refitted at Faslane.

But sure, I'd be happy to have the base moved myself, at least then it would stop your incessant whining about it.

Again, it's also been noted that your original quip about "no nukes in England" it raising merry hell should any be there was utter crap and it's been conveniently ignored by you to argue a very narrow point about the base.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

But then, I expect you to rubbish the BBC article as you have known sympathies....

BBC 11,000 jobs lie..

Yeah, I trust the BBC as much as i would trust Gidiot Osbourne to win a numbers game on countdown.

As I said, The People and Businesses in and around Faslane benefit very little from the Base.
edit on 11-6-2015 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 05:53 AM
link   
We had nukes all over Europe targeting Russia prior to 1989 or thereabouts.

Now most of the ones that remain are in Belgium.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

We have our own submarine ICBM nuclear deterrent that's perfectly adequate. Truth be told our subs exceed the US technological level in rather a few areas. As to the pros and cons, well the UK is a small island by comparison to the rest of Europe, it would only take between 2 or 3 20Mt warheads detonated at 1000 feet to destroy or city's and info structure. Point being in any nuclear exchange Great Britain will not fare well.
edit on 11-6-2015 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Point being in any nuclear exchange Great Britain will not fare well.

That's the understatement of the century. The UK will be a smoldering dust pile and central Scotland will be hit the hardest. I want every single warhead and Sub removed from my doorstep. I dont want Russia and china or whoever painting human shadows on the walls and pavements of Scotland.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

Point being in any nuclear exchange Great Britain will not fare well.

That's the understatement of the century. The UK will be a smoldering dust pile and central Scotland will be hit the hardest. I want every single warhead and Sub removed from my doorstep. I dont want Russia and china or whoever painting human shadows on the walls and pavements of Scotland.

If and it's a massive IF, nuclear war was to happen, it would be near on global and the destruction total. You would be better off at ground zero than anywhere else, to be honest. Instant death would be preferable to a post nuclear war existence.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:31 AM
link   

"I dont want Russia and china or whoever painting human shadows on the walls and pavements of Scotland."

Me nether but while Faslane exists its always going to be a possibility. Im in Glasgow so if any nuclear exchange were to occur the fact that we are so close to the base and also the fact that Glasgow's one of the largest city's in the UK pretty much ensures our destruction. Hopefully with a bang instead of a whimper considering death would be a small mercy is such an instance.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I personally believe this move is suicide for Britain, we would be heavily targeted in a strike and there would literally be nothing left of the country and I'm no scaremongering nutjob either, as I usually play down such reports. However, this time as I have heard this circulating at work for the last several weeks, it is something that is concerning me. This was done during the cold war also, bases to the west of the country were used to sit behind RAF fighter squadrons, doubt that would matter in today's world.

Now, I don't believe Putin is a psychopath, but I also believe that he knows there are psychopaths behind the Western regimes and no, not the perceived leaders. These hidden demons are the same psychopaths that wish to destroy nations and cultures and sought to bring about the apocalypse. The same psychopaths that many even on here, have been brainwashed by when it comes to the social engineering of Western countries. These people, would push for a nuclear war, a reset of humanity. Many so called tyrants saw this before Putin and really Putin is the last man standing against the rat globalist.

So although I don't believe any leader in charge today would strike first, I do believe there are psychopathic descendants of Abraham that would directly or indirectly, sought for nations to strike first.

As much as deluded day dreamers yearn for the collapse of the system and a reset for all...Would those same people be able to exist in such a world, if they survived? Be careful what you wish for and prepare for life after death.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   

We have our own submarine ICBM nuclear deterrent that's perfectly adequate. Truth be told our subs exceed the US technological level in rather a few areas. As to the pros and cons, well the UK is a small island by comparison to the rest of Europe, it would only take between 2 or 3 20Mt warheads detonated at 1000 feet to destroy or city's and info structure. Point being in any nuclear exchange Great Britain will not fare well.

Three 20MT blasts would not destroy the UK - high damage levels would only occur at around 20 miles or less, with those outside a 10-15 mile radius faring reasonably well. Anyone outside the 20 mile radius is likely to survive and most buildings will be standing, with total destruction limited to between 5-10 miles. It would take three 20Mt blasts just to knock out London.

There's a lot of fear about Nuclear weapons, but they're not as destructive as people think. The UK Government scenarios during the Cold War, based on known Soviet strategy, expected 70% of the UK to be relatively untouched, with just the larger Urban centres and military installations taking the brunt.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: SecretFace

We're targeted anyway because of our own deterrent - what difference would it make to add a few more US ones?

Honestly, I never knew there were so many wet blankets among my countrymen....

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:59 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

And what about the radioactive fallout which would most lightly blanket the UK after such an exchange, contaminating all our water supply and food sources? The nation would be 100% screwed, no ifs no buts no coconuts. There is no winner every one loses and just like the movie "War Games" states "the only way to win is not to play".

Im sure you have seen "Threads". I imagine thats pretty much an accurate portrayal of what would happen to our nation.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

That entirely depends on where the weapons are detonated, the weather, the wind direction etc. Besides, Hiroshima and Nagasaki are perfectly lively cities these days.

I'd be far more concerned with the Nuclear winter from a global exchange than radiation.

You can grow plants and life will continue in radioactive zones (Chernobyl is proof of this) but bugger all will live if the Sun gets blocked out.

And yes, I've seen the film and to be honest, the ending was terrible. Bands of raving mutants raping each other? Hmmm...

Anyway, you all seem to be operating in some Universe where, should the UK be attacked by a nuclear power, it is done in isolation. It won't be - as I said earlier, by the time it gets to the point where nukes are used, we'd already be at War and the whole world get's it's share of the warm after glow of nuclear love. We'd be nothing special and we'd all freeze to death long before mutants came to take your daughters.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tranceopticalinclined
Anything involving nukes isn't just a bad idea, it's an act of war.

Russia's people aren't doing what putin is doing, putin is doing what putin is doing, so why nuke russia? Why not hire hitman or plan a assassination.

There is no such thing as nations. They are all in on it. Its all about depopulation. Don't be surprised to find Putin and obama chillin in the bunkers. You know... where we aren't invited when SHTF.

think of it this way
Seven heads of the beast. Seven continents. 2+2=4

Im not kidding either, Research vector Symbolism. The main symbol of the illuminati is in every single country. Many people in russia are illuminati influenced just as much as in the U.S.

edit on th2015000000Thursdayth000000Thu, 11 Jun 2015 08:14:25 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoThu, 11 Jun 2015 08:14:25 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

"Anyway, you all seem to be operating in some Universe where, should the UK be attacked by a nuclear power, it is done in isolation."

Not at all, the world is a big place but the rest of it is hardly my concern. Britain would be devastated by any such attack. Its not something we would ever recover from. I do agree however mutants stealing our daughters would be the least of our concerns. Ending of "Threads" aside the rest of it was rather hard hitting to say the least.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Indeed, but neither would anyone else... In a global nuclear exchange, we'd all be buggered, so don't worry about it!

On the plus side, if you do somehow survive, you can find yourself a V8 and live the Mad Max lifestyle...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
This seems to me to be a deliberate bait or push. If I remember correctly Putin stood down Obama more than once (the "red line" statement) so who knows. Still seems to be more of a bullying tactic. I have no desire to see any nukes dropped anywhere, on anybody, at anytime.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
NO!

We have our own Nukes!

We should tell the yanks to stick em!

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

How aboyt us brits tell you yanks to # off and find someone else as fodder?

I will fight this.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join