It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Experiencing Things As A Child, but Not as an Adult

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:43 AM
link   
There is no ego so what are you "refraining" from and to what ultimate purpose?
a reply to: SystemResistor

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: starswift

Refraining from actions that I deem to be harmful to myself and to others, the purpose is to progress and grow, as everything does.

One is free to choose their path, whether or not they want to relinquish their ego is totally their choice, and they should not be judged if they want to indulge in it.

Water runs free across the roads, yet it is channeled into the ocean by a complex array of pipes - is all the water still the same water, no matter where it is, or is it only the same when all of it reaches the same destination?

Do not distinguish between what is and what is not, even "ego" and "no ego" - because, it is the very nature of judgement that must be controlled.
edit on 16-6-2015 by systemresistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:26 AM
link   
I believe children are very much more inclined to experience otherworldly phenomena than adults. I too, as a child, experienced some strange things - like memories seemingly from another lifetime, and I'd see ghosts - every night as I lay in bed late at night I'd watch small shadowy creatures moving back and forth past my open door. I experienced many things of such nature.

I wonder why children are like this. What makes them different from adults in this respect? Why and how are they better able to perceive the so-called paranormal? I assume it's something to do with the development and aging process of the brain. Perhaps our adult minds become shielded as we mature, more focused on the physical world. We become firmly cemented in our tangible world, and become blinded to anything else.

Almost every child sees "monsters", and imaginary friends and all that aren't uncommon. You're certainly not unique in experiencing strange things as a kid. Yet by the age of around ten or so, we tend to have grown out of it. If only I were some sort of neuroscientist; I'd love to make a study of this, about the physical attributes of the young, as yet undeveloped brains of children that enable them to have such experiences.

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 03:29 AM
link   
I would put it mainly down to mainstream education and cultural thinking (in the west anyway)

The education system teaches you to read and repeat NOT think.
Mainstream culture denies anything out of the normal accepted 'reality'

posted on Jun, 16 2015 @ 05:42 PM
link   
You are not responding to what I said.
a reply to: systemresistor

top topics

<< 1   >>

join