It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

India Undocks Newest Aircraft Carrier from shipyard, final phase of construction to Begin

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: jimbotweed
a reply to: Greathouse

Yet for some reason Britian gives India millions a year in aid when our armed forces are being cut.....Strange.

The UK has all but ended it's aid programme to India, but it's a valid point over the past 5 years anyway.

That said, the UK armed forces, while being downsized, are being equipped with the largest procurement programme since the Second World War, including two new carriers, a dozen new frigates, more attack submarines and pretty awesome aircraft. There is also a large programme under way to replace all the IFV's in the Army.

We are spending billions upon billions on defence procurement over the next 10 years, so in the next decade, we'll have the most advanced Armed forces on the planet beside the Americans.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
a reply to: seagull

I agree on your assessment barring the unseen . But the unseen complication might be developing before our eyes. China is at the moment making inroads into Pakistan .

China and Pakistan are long time allies. Sort of. China never really commits to anyone. Maybe a lesson learned in the Korean War. They are suppose to be buddies with Russia but, never do anything to support them diplomatically much less militarily. The same with Pakistan. I think they see them as useful distraction for India but, at the same time a potential time bomb on its border. An unstable Pakistan with nukes is something the no doubts keep China, India and the US up at night.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:34 AM
link   
North Korea as well..

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Credit to the Indians.

Are they collaborating with any foreign nation in this build? They have in the past purchased carriers from the British and the Russians. The bow looks Russian a la INS Vikramaditya, which is the ex Russian carrier Admiral Gorshkov.

Also, they are apparently delayed in delivery, so does this imply manufacturing issues?

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   
It has one of those funny looking ramp things!

I always thought those were cute looking.

posted on Jun, 15 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

From what I remember this build was entirely indigenous. Their next one will have USN assistance.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join