It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to get in the US illegally? Steal a passport!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Homeland secutity released this report on Thursday, makes you wonder what the top concern is if little attention is paid to stolen passports!

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- Non-residents applying for admission to the United States using stolen passports have little reason to fear being caught and are usually admitted, the Department of Homeland Security's Office of Inspector General said in a report issued Thursday.

www.cnn.com...

This should be one thing that they put top priority to.There should be a list of stolen passports that is referrered to before the screening process begins.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
forget passports, many people get into this country with bought visas legally. Many also pay upwards of $10,000 to marry someone and legally enter this country. Like the saying goes, if there is a will there is a way. Our entire immigration system is crap.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Anyone can just enter the continent very easily and "legally" through Canada, and then waltz across the border into the US.

Any efforts to clamp down on passposrt/visa security will no doubt result in cries of Hitleresque erosion of our civil liberties.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Unless US builds a wall and make it electrified, people is going to come across the borders.

I does not has to do with passports or visas, it has to do with the poor border control and the slack of the countries that has borders with us.

They can scan and tag' microchip any legal American citizen but if the borders are not fix and neither the countries around us is nothing you me or anybody can do to stop the illegals from coming in.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Our borders have been, are, and will always be a problem. Unless what Marg suggested, or the likes of is done, people will always slip into the country. I saw this story on MSNBC a couple of weeks ago. I just wanna know why when someone knowingly has a Fake passport, they are let through. Our borders are too big to protect any and everythig from coming in, so realisticly, How do we solve this problem? My guess is about good as yours.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Hmmm, or we could support alien hunting. I know I do. Support the people who go to the border and shoot the little buggers who cross the border illegally. Hell, the MEXICAN MILITARY comes across the border and kills our people, why can't the people protect their country?

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
This is one -- but not the only -- reason for requiring biometric data on passports.

As others have mentioned, the hue and cry over this has already put even the most cherlish vaudeville ham to shame, but it's law in the U.S., and before too long, you will not be able to enter my country without a compliant passport.

Make of it what you will, it's another consequence of killing 3000 of us in a single strike.

new topics

top topics

join