It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting phone call at work today

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I answered the phone at work earlier, the guy on the other end asked for my boss. "She's running errands right now, is there anything I can do for you?" Turns out he was a lawyer (red flags, lol) looking for a potential expert witness and advisor for a pending legal case his firm was hired to handle. Okay, that's weird. We're a small business in a different state from him, and it's a fairly big case. Sorry, but I can't go into more details than that about the case, I'm sure you will all understand.

Later in the day, I'm researching this lawyer before my boss calls him back, because the whole thing was odd and we wanted to see if he was legit. It turns out the fellow I had talked to, while in the employment of the DoJ, assisted in the indictment of a man known to probably everyone at ATS, Khalid Sheikh Mohammed. When I figured that out, I was kind of excited.

I kind of wish I had thanked him or something, lol. Just had to share that weird bit of happenstance with ATS.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Excallibacca

Sorry, but I can't go into more details than that about the case, I'm sure you will all understand.

Not really, if you aren't a witness, jury member or any other element of the court proceedings what's stopping you?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

In talks as an advisor along with my boss.

link   

Don't trust whomever it is calling you on the phone saying anything (once you know they are a lawyer, that is).

They are hiding their true identity, will seek a recorded "phone statement" so they can edit it and play it in court to support their case. You refer them to your legal department, period.

link   

Fair enough.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Don't trust whomever it is calling you on the phone saying anything (once you know they are a lawyer, that is).

They are hiding their true identity, will seek a recorded "phone statement" so they can edit it and play it in court to support their case. You refer them to your legal department, period.

He was calling to recruit my boss as an expert witness, not a true witness. And with our whole 4 employees, we don't have a legal department. What set me off was why was this guy calling US about this? Well, my boss is very knowledgable on the matter once I found out what the case was about. Published on it, in fact.

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Fair enough.

The case isn't the important bit, anyways. Just that I found out the guy indicted KSM, and with my interest in 9/11 I thought it was pretty neat.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Name of lawyer or it didn't happen.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Yeah, it's things like this that show us what a small world it can be.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: PrinceJohnson

John S. Davis, V

From his bio:

He is well-known for his work in high-profile national security cases, including the indictment (in the Southern District of New York) of KSM and the 9/11 conspirators

Williams Mullen Law Firm

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So how is your boss involved? Did she seem surprised? Perhaps mistaken identity. If she has a more common name, perhaps he was looking for someone else.
Like the movie The Terminator when he was looking for Sarah Conner.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What a cool phone call, thanks for sharing your experience.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: maybee
So how is your boss involved? Did she seem surprised? Perhaps mistaken identity. If she has a more common name, perhaps he was looking for someone else.
Like the movie The Terminator when he was looking for Sarah Conner.

She was floored. Mr. Davis was calling around to folks in our industry who referred him my boss's way. She's a somewhat-known lecturer, teacher, and blogger.

Maybe the Terminator is why I was immediately distrustful of that call.

originally posted by: warpig69
What a cool phone call, thanks for sharing your experience.

ATS was the only place I thought would "get" it. My Facebook friends would have just said "Uh....who?" and not gotten it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Pretty cool story but I would want to know what it is that your boss is supposedly a expert on

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

It has nothing to do with 9/11 or anything of the sort. Eh, I'll send you a PM.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

cool would appreciate it sounds interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I assure you it isn't interesting at all.

new topics

top topics

join