It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Edvard Munch wrote about mobile phone in 1910!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Source at emunch.no

In Dane-Norwegian:
"Havde jeg været i Besiddelse af det ennu ikke oppfundne lille Fjærn-telefonapparat som man går med i Lommen havde De for længe siden faaet Meddelser fra mig"

Translates to:
"Had I been in possession of the yet not invented little remote phone-device that you wear in your pocket you had long ago received messages from me"

He wrote this letter in 1910; was he psycic, a natural remote viewer, or just having a strong interest for technology?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nakiel

That is really neat...not only is he mentioning portable, fit-in-your-pocket phone technology, but also the ability to leave messages on it (well before answering machines were invented, let alone texting).

But I'd leave remote viewing and psychic abilities out of this discussion--he was a very creative artist who obviously saw the world differently (judging by his paintings), so I'm sure this is a creative thought and nothing more. I mean, people talked about flying to the moon many "moons" ago, well before the rocket age, and that doesn't mean that they were remote viewers or psychics.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Visionaries writing of their musings have been puzzling humanity since the Industrial Revolution. What was once fantastic flights of fantasy became reality.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Perhaps that's the thinking behind The Scream , post the invention of such a device.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
What would you then call Jules Verne, who had some amazing ideas that are just out of his time...

SF movies are good example of technologies that might be here soon... check this cult movie, just 47 years ago, yet on the spot with today tablet technology.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:29 PM
link   

It is not a matter of predicting future but creating it.

The writers, artists, etc. do create the future by their visions.
When there is a lot of alternative futures (artists' visions) available, the society, and especially those in the age of 9 to 19, get thrills of those stories. Some stories get more followers other less.

Sometimes happens that a story gets so much followers that the critical mass is exceeded. – The followers make the future based on their thrills.

Note:
This way of creating future makes no difference whether the chosen future is "good" or "bad, evil". – It is quite another process.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: nakiel

was he psycic, a natural remote viewer, or just having a strong interest for technology?

Had that been today it would have sounded like this: la meg få slå av dette satans apparat for å få nok privatliv til å gå og drite

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
What is all this hogwash about the visionary artists of the past influencing the future. No one in the past was capable of imagining all the cool things i got. So this dude must obviously be a time traveler.

He must of saw Back to the future 2, during its original run in theaters, and thought it was the bees knees. So he built a time machine. Went to the future. Stole some dudes Iphone on a train. Then went back to the pre internet days, of the nineteen hundreds, and created a fake identity with his mad skills. All so he could write letters hinting at the existence of Smartphones.

Why did he do all this? Well, if you have been paying attention. This whole thing started on November 22, 1989. The day, Back to the Future 2, came out. What else was there to do back then. Facebook had not been invented yet. Funny cat videos had not been invented yet. Because the progenitor of Youtube, Americas Funniest Home Videos. The for sure, scientifically come up with inventor of cat videos. Did not air till four days after Back to the Future 2 came out.

So no Facebook. No cat videos. Back to the Future 2. I mean it was the perfect melting pot. I think anyone in that situation would invent time travel. So they could get to a place that had Facebook and funny cat videos. Why did he then go back in time and become Edvard Munch, if technology today is so cools? The answer is simple. He wanted to be the most early of early adopters.

I believe this quote from Edvard Munch sums it up best.

"First!"

edit on 10-6-2015 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Albert Robida had a very interesting idea on the future of video telephones (and that was back in the 1930's)

s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...

You could make that picture real with a a suitable case around an iPad/tablet computer and some suitable headphones.

new topics

top topics

join