It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Has NASA Announced That A Meteor Is NOT Going To Hit The Earth In September?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

Stop it. We went to the freaking moon. A retarded video from Joe Schmoe is not proof and now damm it you've goaded me into wasting my time again.
Oh and lazy? Are you too lazy to do real study on this? Not pick and choose which moronic video fits your paradigm?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Wooo!
So scary.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

edit on 6112015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AutumnWitch657

Stop it. We went to the freaking moon. A retarded video from Joe Schmoe is not proof and now damm it you've goaded me into wasting my time again.
Oh and lazy? Are you too lazy to do real study on this? Not pick and choose which moronic video fits your paradigm?

Fits my paradigm? I responded to your request of proof that a NASA employee said we didn't go past the Van Allen Belts.
I provided one that meets your criteria and you label it 'a retarded video from Joe Schmoe'. You're now all hostile. Maybe instead of wasting your time you should use that time in a more productive manner, like educate yourself instead of using words like 'retarded'.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Legman

Most are seen way in advance. There have been some they never detected and there they were.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:45 AM
link   

No I didn't request it. I said don't waste my time.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   

No I didn't request it. I said don't waste my time.

So if something goes against your agenda, it's considered a waste of time. Ok.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: UnBreakable
I responded to your request of proof that a NASA employee said we didn't go past the Van Allen Belts.

No, he said they have to solve these challenges to transit "this region" of space, and quite literally he's right about that. But that does not contradict Apollo. The trajectory taken by Apollo avoided the most intense parts of the Van Allen belts. Orion EFT-1 flew right through the most intense region for a prolonged period of time on orbit #2, right over the equator. Apollo took an inclined trajectory that missed the most intense region.

Using SPENVIS, here is the dose expected for an Apollo astronaut sitting inside an Apollo spacecraft with about 7-8 g/cm^2 areal density on the trajectory taken by Apollo to the moon:
h.dropcanvas.com...
That dose isn't dangerous at all.

With that said, you cannot send astronauts on an Apollo command module through the same region on the same trajectory as Orion EFT-1 without risking the astronauts developing mild symptoms of radiation poisoning.

Here is the expected dose if you were to send Apollo astronauts in an Apollo command module on the same trajectory as Orion EFT-1's final orbit:
h.dropcanvas.com...
Nearly 30 rads of radiation. At that dose you are approaching the threshold at which you may start to exhibit mild symptoms of radiation poisoning according to the CDC:

"Mild symptoms may be observed with doses as low as 0.3 Gy or 30 rads."
www.bt.cdc.gov...

Still won't kill you, but it might just make you sick if you fly Orion EFT-1's trajectory with the older Apollo capsule. The electronics on that capsule were less susceptible to radiation though. Computers were also in charge of a lot less of the Apollo spacecraft, and were built using core memory that generally could not experience a "bit flip" due to radiation the way modern memory chips do. They needed to test the Orion spacecraft's computers under high radiation conditions to validate their spaceworthiness for future long duration deep space missions. Additionally, they are currently discussing the use of solar electric propulsion to send the Orion capsule on deep space missions in the future. That means using a much slower acceleration to get out of earth orbit than what Apollo used, so it means much more time spent transiting the Van Allen belts than Apollo. That means a higher radiation dose for the astronauts. All these new challenges needed to be tested.
edit on 12-6-2015 by ngchunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

a reply to: Legman

Most are seen way in advance. There have been some they never detected and there they were.

Just a suggestion, that maybe you should visit this site on a daily basis for a while and see for yourself how soon they see these things before they come near us and their characteristics (size, velocity, closeness, etc). The one that will get us is probably the one they have not even seen yet.
Earth's Busy Neighbourhood

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: whatnext21

Geez people I'm not an alarmist nor am I a doom monger check my post history if you doubt it.
I simply said that they have been surprised . Not that there is any big asteroid on its way. For the most part yes we know about them and if not from nasa then from so other astronomer or even an amateur getting lucky. I am surly not living my life in fear of asteroids.
Oh and check my post history for that little suggestion to come on here every day. I am on every day. Have been for years and years.
edit on 6132015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I welcome a new begining, by hook or crook. . . . .

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Great Post.

I have been checking this out and I can't believe how many
Christians are posting videos that The Rapture will happen
On Sept. 23rd, and their evidence is mostly that that date
has been hidden in Hollywood movies, TV shows, even TV
commercials.

So, the main argument they are making is that this date is
being intentionally hidden in, mostly, apocalyptic Hollywood
movies; even Disney shows for kids.

There seems to be no general consensus as to what these
Christians think is going to happen, some say an asteroid or
a meteor will hit the earth, and other things, but the majority
seem to think that CERN is going to open up a portal into
another dimension, i.e. The Abyss and release E.T./demons
into the world.

They are also trying to match this date up with The Day of
Atonement, The Jubilee (Apparently this Sept. is the super
Jubilee) and The last and biggest Blood Red Moon, and the
only Blood Red Moon that can be observed from Mecca.

In my opinion, NASA coming out and commenting, first of
all, isn't going to stop these people from posting these videos,
and only gives them more credibility to those that have gotten
caught up in the frenzy.

Most people are completely unaware of these rumors, and the
first they'll hear of it is by way of this NASA statement, which IMO, is
going to do the opposite of calming people down, it will actually
make most people aware of the rumors, bad choice on the part
of NASA unless that's what they wanted to cause.

Rebel 5

edit on 13-6-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

edit on 13-6-2015 by rebelv because: syntax

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Oh man, can't wait for the apocalypse. Even if it kills meself. Let's enjoy our last summer, and then let's die together

posted on Jun, 13 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

Can you provide a nasa source for this please?

Thank you. I myself can not find a link to the official
NASA sight confirming this comment/ press release.

Rebel 5

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join