It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anticipating ... Explosions In "Homeschooling"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:44 AM
link   

The measure has galvanized constituents like few other bills.

Parents from around the state have journeyed to Sacramento to condemn SB277 at each hearing.

They again packed two floors of the Assembly’s spacious Room 4202 on Tuesday, hissing at testimony they disputed and interrupting with derisive laughter when Sen. Richard Pan, D-Sacramento, said his bill was “about freedom” from diseases.

One woman was removed after screaming over lawmakers, shouting about seeing her son “on the floor, seizing.”

California Vaccine Bill Clears Committee

PREVIOUSLY:

Expecting ... Significant-Battles

-
OBSERVATIONs:

I don't wish to include subjects relating to ...

'crime' nor 'immigration'

HOWEVER

Here's some Assistive-Links related to ... "Homeschooling":

Google: "California homeschool statistics"

Google: "homeschool California"

AboveTopSecret-Search:
( NOTE: You will need to type in one-word ... "homeschool" )

ADDITIONALLY:

Regardless of Your-Personal-Choice(s) ... Good Luck to You and Yours.

edit on 10-6-2015 by FarleyWayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: FarleyWayne

People are fools with heart

Government and corporations are geniuses without a heart.

They won't rest till Autism becomes 1 in 3

They want debilitated population
edit on 10-6-2015 by OldIsNewAgain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Don't think so, that may happen in the short term but when the NWO takes over they will snuff that out quick smart. They will not tolerate independence thinking and teaching ..... unless of course they are schools for elite but then they are already in existence and have been for years.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 06:46 AM
link   

I certainly hope more people opt out of public school.

I would argue that getting children out of public school is a matter of education anyway, totalitarianism aside for the moment.

(did I say that!?)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:00 AM
link   
It is astounding that the State can force a medical treatment as without genuine consent ALL treatment that is resisted is assault.

Whether home education will rise is yet to be seen. I would imagine that a government that would compel an unnecessary medical treatment might well see fit to force its own social engineering programme on its own 'cattle' without much consideration for any resistance, as in the case of all 'abusers' of others.

The 'vaccination problem' has alway been an interesting one from its inception.

It is possible to die of almost any illness, including the common cold. However, after having the vast majority of illnesses, even if unwell for several weeks, the majority of people gain life long immunity and will never have that illness again, something that CANNOT be relied upon with a vaccination.

This begs the question, is there a need for the population to be sick or potentially sick and even in 'fear' of becoming sick?

Is this potential sickness something that adds to the 'recycling of humanity' economy that we all survive on where we 'all' metaphorically 'feed' off eachother, providing services that would otherwise not be required, such as doctoring etc?

Is the planet really just a big 'farm' where the farmers ensure a semi sickness and mental / social engineering of their cattle inorder to sit, metaphorically speaking of course, at the 'Top of the Herd?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yeah that's just what the US needs....more socialy inept and ignorant kids........

China and India are coming for you!
edit on 10-6-2015 by Prezbo369 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Prezbo369
Do you know any home schooled children?

Are you aware how advanced educationally they can be ............ and far more social than those trapped in an institution all day?

As wonderful as the chinese and Indian people are........ and they ARE ......... creativity is not always their strongest point.........unlike the adventurers, inventors and creators that are well educated home schooled children.

edit on 10-6-2015 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

You might also like to consider that the governments of China and India put their own people and country first when it comes to industry rather than putting first the wants of a handful of mega rich individuals and companies.
edit on 10-6-2015 by Elliot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Elliot
Do you know any home schooled children?

Are you aware how advanced educationally they can be ............ and far more social than those trapped in an institution all day?

Can you prove any info on these claims? The education system and academic institutions have a long history of advanced education, while home schooling......not so much.

It seems asthough most defenders of homeschooling are merely attempting to justify their choice to only teach their kids what they want them to learn and are usually religiously motivated.

Anyone that can actually claim that a home-school environment can produce more socially balanced people is either being dishonest or is quote out of touch with modern society....which one are you?

As wonderful as the Chinese and Indian people are........ and they ARE ......... creativity is not always their strongest point.........unlike the adventurers, inventors and creators that are well educated home schooled children.

I also question these claims, can you demonstrate that being taught only what your parents want you to believe leads to a more creative mind over traditionally schooled children? and that homeschooling produces more 'adventurers, inventors and creators'?

You might also like to consider that the governments of China and India put their own people and country first when it comes to industry rather than putting first the wants of a handful of mega rich individuals and companies.

See this is what i'm talking about, anyone with even the slightest knowledge of the world would not make such a claim, not unless their parents told them so....

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
With little time to answer I can only tell you that 'going to school' in the manner in which 'our' children go to school is a very recent creation and the result appears to be social indoctrination and engineering rather than what might be considered 'education'.

As for greater creativity in home schoolers, spend a little time looking at those who were home educated and were great achievers. There is a relative abundance in very successful home schoolers.

As for India and China............I am in a part of the UK where I can only say that the people who have lived here for a long, long time are bottom of the pile............in many ways when it comes to 'rights', so my meaning on that score was deeper than it first appeared.

I no longer have school aged children as they are all over state education age BUT I can certainly see a difference in confidence and achievement when with state educated chidlren and home schooled.

HOWEVER....OP makes a very valid point with regard to forced medical treatment.

All who WANT vaccines most certainly should have them....without any doubt.

But to FORCE such an invasive procedure, even by government law is immoral especially as there is always risk involved and hence there should always be informed choice....with includes the option to say 'NO' firmly.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Here you are: proof that you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Techies Hacking Education by Homeschooling their Kids

“The world is changing. It’s looking for people who are creative and entrepreneurial, and that’s not going to happen in a system that tells kids what to do all day,” Samantha says. “So how do you do that? Well if the system won’t allow it, as the saying goes: If you want something done right, do it yourself.”

and...

Families keeping their children out of traditional classrooms were required to register each year with their local school district, outlining study plans and certifying that adults in the home did not have a criminal record. At the end of the year, they submitted portfolios of student work to private evaluators for review. The portfolio and evaluator’s report then went to a school district superintendent to approve.

But in October, after years of campaigning by home-schooling families in the state as well as the Home School Legal Defense Association, a national advocacy group, Pennsylvania relaxed some of its requirements.

“We believe that because parents who make this commitment to teach their children at home are dedicated and self-motivated, there’s just not a real need for the state to be involved in overseeing education,” said Dewitt T. Black III, senior counsel for the Home School Legal Defense Association, which has close ties to local Christian home-school associations. Mr. Black wrote an early version of the bill that eventually passed here.

Homeschooling - more pupils, less legislation - NY Times
edit on 10-6-2015 by antoinemarionette because: added article

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: antoinemarionette

Here you are: proof that you have absolutely no idea of what you're talking about.

Techies Hacking Education by Homeschooling their Kids

“The world is changing. It’s looking for people who are creative and entrepreneurial, and that’s not going to happen in a system that tells kids what to do all day,” Samantha says. “So how do you do that? Well if the system won’t allow it, as the saying goes: If you want something done right, do it yourself.”

and...

Families keeping their children out of traditional classrooms were required to register each year with their local school district, outlining study plans and certifying that adults in the home did not have a criminal record. At the end of the year, they submitted portfolios of student work to private evaluators for review. The portfolio and evaluator’s report then went to a school district superintendent to approve.

But in October, after years of campaigning by home-schooling families in the state as well as the Home School Legal Defense Association, a national advocacy group, Pennsylvania relaxed some of its requirements.

“We believe that because parents who make this commitment to teach their children at home are dedicated and self-motivated, there’s just not a real need for the state to be involved in overseeing education,” said Dewitt T. Black III, senior counsel for the Home School Legal Defense Association, which has close ties to local Christian home-school associations. Mr. Black wrote an early version of the bill that eventually passed here.

Homeschooling - more pupils, less legislation - NY Times

Two stories that are more-or-less just what the OP is saying? where they supposed to prove something?....do you think this shows that you know wtf you're talking about and I do not?....

The replies in this thread alone are all you need to know, NWO scare mongers (lol), anti-vaccers....all for teaching their kids this kind of crap...

If this really does take off, the US will be steamrolled by the countries I mentioned (and others).

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   

But why do you think the majority of home schoolers are not receiving a first class education.

I home schooled my child who went to school for a few months and was at the top of the year for attainment in ALL subjects.

My child achieved qualifications and is still achieving qualifications at high even very high standards and is socially skilled as anyone else.

I know of many other home schoolers far advanced in achievement to anything being achieved in school.

Are you sure that mainstream school is achieving as well as you want to believe?

Having also read your article on HS in the US, it is quite different to the UK.

Progress has to be shown and regular inspections take place. Evidence of education also has to be given, at least in England....not too sure about Scotland and wales.

There are hefty fines and prison for those not 'educating'.

Vaccines are very much a personal choice in the UK but I believe most people to take the vaccine offer up. The UK has a history of protest against compulsory vaccination going back to the late 1800's when small pox vaccine was injuring and killing some children and parents rose in protest to protect their children from this.

You might like to look up what happened and why a huge demonstration took place in Leicester to stop compulsory vaccines.

I don't believe the UK government would really want to go down the compulsion road with a history like that.

So, the state wants to make it impossible for children to go to school unless they are vaccinated. Fair enough. Have you ever thought that the 'state' might not want to PAY fo so many children in school and might want to push some out of the state system? But, that doesn't mean parents won't be able to find a means to educate their children.

There are many way to 'peel an apple'..........

edit on 10-6-2015 by Elliot because: forgot to say.......

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Very likely, till they try making that illegal, too. Home schooling families are already targets. The ones in power don't want parents having control of their own kids, and they also know they lose the brainwashing capabilities for kids not in their "care"

new topics

top topics

join