It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vote against Sen. Chuck Grassley - Iowa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
This guy is a real piece of trash. How does he keep getting vote in. Its obviously because the people of Iowa are unaware of his voting record and what special interest groups are his major campaign contributors.

Voting Record

I'm just going to pull out a few examples here...

April 30, 2014 S 2223 Minimum Wage Fairness Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
(54 - 42) Nay

April 9, 2014 S 2199 Paycheck Fairness Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
(53 - 44) Nay

March 4, 2015 S 1 A Bill to Approve the Keystone XL Pipeline Veto Override Failed - Senate
(62 - 37) Yea

July 30, 2014 S 2569 Bring Jobs Home Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
(54 - 42) Nay

Jan. 14, 2014 S 1845 Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act Cloture Not Invoked - Senate
(55 - 45) Nay

Nov. 7, 2013 S 815 Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 2013 Bill Passed - Senate
(64 - 32) Nay

I think you get the idea and feel free to continue reading.

He is also the chairman of the Senate judiciary committee responsible for sentencing laws.

Source

Chuck Grassley's work ethic and dedication have helped him earn the trust of Iowa voters. Now in his sixth term in the U.S. Senate, this farmer-lawmaker has developed a reputation for common-sense, fiscal responsibility, government accountability, judicious legislation and constituent services.

This man and his committee are responsible for the draconian laws imprisoning many non violent offenders creating one of the biggest slave labor forces America has ever seen. Oddly enough the majority of the people in prison are minorities.

Go figure..

Source

Berkshire Hathaway $30,700 $9,700 $21,000

As I recently brought up in another thread, Berkshire Hathaway is one of his top contributors. Interestingly enough they have a major stake in Wells Fargo who is heavily invested in the for profit prison industry through Geo Group.

This guy is totally bought and paid for by the major corporations in this country and it is your responsibility to vote him out of office if your an Iowa voter. Please if you live in Iowa spread the word and get this guy out of office.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Nothing you posted would necessarily give me a negative opinion of this Senator. What exactly bothers you about him? Is he a Republican or Democrat? Does he ban guns, kill babies...what?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I would rather know who to vote FOR, rather than against, since there actually is no "vote against" slot.

join