It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assange is back and he strikes Google.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Assange talks about Google's profound agenda beside just search engines optimization. Google is an emerging private digital monopoly whose aggressive market tactics openly contradict the public principles.

www.themonthly.com.au...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: moronic
Assange talks about Google's profound agenda beside just search engines optimization. Google is an emerging private digital monopoly whose aggressive market tactics openly contradict the public principles.

www.themonthly.com.au...

Whelp , Like my self I am sure others would agree that we have had a hunch that this was the case for many moons now .

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Yes my brother it is indeed but some additional points are completely new and shocking to my existing knowledge and even maybe to many of us here.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the link, here are some quotes:

“They push us towards a life of consumption lived inside a well-policed Singapore shopping mall,”

“The company is convinced it can harness unlimited computing power to create immortality in an artificial Silicon Valley heaven on Earth. It wants to be master of a universe controlled by infinite machine power.”

“Singularity is the God of Google,” says Assange. “It’s an imagined future universe of pervasive connectivity, a world in which unlimited computing power, people, robots and things are conjoined, placed under surveillance and transformed into profitable advertising platforms carefully watched by governments and under the control of Google.”

“What we must grasp is the tendency of digital information systems to connive with concentrated power,” he says, voice lowering. “The case of Google shows that knowledge is power, it proves that we’re hurtling at high speed towards a world worse than those in the dystopias of Jack London and Yevgeny Zamyatin, or Aldous Huxley and George Orwell.” Then down comes the heavy gauntlet. “I think it’s misguided to be looking to Google to help get us out of this mess.” He pauses. “In large part, Google has put us in this mess. The company’s business model is based on sucking private data out of us and turning it into a profit. So I do not think it’s wise to try to ‘reform’ something which, from first premises, is beyond reform.”

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:12 AM
link   
a reply to: moronic

He is right about google

I notice it every day take over more and more

I feel sorry for Assange, if only he made it to Russia on time like snowden

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:20 AM
link   
People seem to forget we're not stuck in a science fiction story written 60 years ago and aren't forced into this.We have the choice to switch our computers and mobile devices off.My days at work or home are exactly the same if I use my PC and take my smart phone with me,or if I think 'sod this technology lark' and leave my phone at home and don't switch my PC on for a few days..
My choice and no one else's whether it controls me or I control it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I am glad to see Assange back and speaking out again as I for one have missed his input.

I do admit to being fed up with whatever site I go on being festooned by advertisements concerning products I have bought on line from another well know company.

I wonder if we are getting lulled into having our privacy completely stolen from us and I take the points he makes. Google is Big Brother today, although I am meaning to find other search engines to use - does anyone know if Google can access whatever search engine one changes to because of what its already put on our private computers. We worry about foreign countries spying into our businesses via e mails and the web, but if a search engine does this which has access all over the world, then we really do have a much bigger concern when one thinks about it.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Imagewerx
People seem to forget we're not stuck in a science fiction story written 60 years ago and aren't forced into this.We have the choice to switch our computers and mobile devices off.My days at work or home are exactly the same if I use my PC and take my smart phone with me,or if I think 'sod this technology lark' and leave my phone at home and don't switch my PC on for a few days..

Of course this is the case and many here on ATS realize it, but the masses are distracted with consumerism, social media and celebrity gossip and are essentially asleep, and some entity looking to control society does not need to control everyone just the majority. So what do you suggest? I agree something needs to be done and nothing will be achieved with complacency, but solutions are not easy, though they may be simple.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Imagewerx

That is what this article is saying but what about the circumstances? what does not simply link us to Google world? are there better alternatives? the main thing is we are building our whole profile in this E-world which is necessity.
edit on 10-6-2015 by moronic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Shiloh7

There are free programs that delete unwanted adverts from your screen, do a search, the I have is very good, it even brings forth complains from companies that get blocked!
Which leads me to think how do those companies know that?

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Google is not your friend! I have a search engine that I will recommend. PM me if you want to know more. It does crawl Google and Bing, but it's a lot better. It provides unfiltered search results, and their Web of Trust says that things that I think are bad are BAD (according to their WOT - Web of Trust). Nothing's perfect, but I found a search engine after researching search engines for 2-3 weeks about 3 years ago. Remember most of all-Google IS NOT YOUR FRIEND! They are getting too much power, and will be one of the detriments of humanity-if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Is Assange still stuck in that embassy

Poor guy

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:48 AM
link   
a reply to: InFriNiTee

Can't you speak out of this search engine freely? i would love to know more.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   

The thing is... what you describe as being 'just a choice' will one day be forced on you, it will be systematized just like IDs, security numbers, bank accounts and so on have been systematized. And if you disagree you will be disconnected from the rest of the world, cast aside and marginalized, or worse.

I just thought about this thread www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: gosseyn
“Singularity is the God of Google,” says Assange. “It’s an imagined future universe of pervasive connectivity, a world in which unlimited computing power, people, robots and things are conjoined, placed under surveillance and transformed into profitable advertising platforms carefully watched by governments and under the control of Google.”

This kind of tech is bad for regular people whom are not part of the true, "Owners of Capital", class. Scientists need to be stopped, by cutting off their funding and PHYSICALLY disrupting of their research. SOMETHING needs to be done to intervene, NOW, they are already too far along because this tech can be used VERY effectively, to further our indentured servitude.

How is that you may ask?

Remember when cell phones were actually fun?

I do, the phone was a huge and needed to be carried in a bag, BUT my boss NEVER called me on it, after what was considered typical work hours and certainly never to ask me to do more work while I was at home. Compare that to today, when a cell phone in your pocket can spontaneously generate more work to be done outside of the office, simply because someone higher up than you had a random thought at midnight.

Now how does this scenario play into life-extension tech, AI and the Singularity?

Remember this is America, we have no labor protection, no union representation and no access to collective bargaining. In situations like this we are sheep to be slaughtered. Mark my words, Europeans will fare MUCH better when such tech becomes reality.

When my parents were in school in the 1950's and 60's they were told: no one would have to work in the future, that everything would be done by robots and they would, in turn, have increased free time used for creating, making art, learning and helping others...

Robotics, the singularity, cell regeneration and AI are essentially the same lie, told to our parents, rehashed for a 21st century audience. I think its funny when regular people get excited about future tech like the Singularity, AI, Robotics, etc. Do people really think when these thing finally become real, functioning, working designs, applicable to industry, that we the "peons", will somehow ALL get a Data from Start Trek or a C-3PO from Star Wars, to help us at home, at the job site or in the office, etc?

In reality we are going to get a David 8 from Prometheus/Aliens or the Robot Probation officer seen in Elysium. They are going to take away jobs and make unethical policing and policy enforcement, both easier and cheaper, for the true "Owners of Capital". They won't be paying a salary to the robot worker, so the savings will instead be pumped into legal fees and political lobbying, resulting in an overall savings and good ROI for the corporations/governments and a full blown, loss of liberty, for everyone else.

Whom goes to jail when an AI robot or Mind Clone pulls your arm out of the socket? Will it be considered "negligence by the human that lost the arm", a "civil suit", "not a criminal act", etc, in court/arbitration? I personally at this point are willing to live with 1980's +/- era tech, if it means, I am more free and can continue to earn money to live off.

Elysium Probation Officer:
fourthdimensionalrecovery.files.wordpress.com...

Introducing David 8:
www.weylandindustries.com...

In the words of David 8: “I can do almost anything that could possibly be asked of me, including things that my human counterparts might find distressing or unethical”

Sounds swell, don't it!

The only way regular people can save themselves, NOW, is to abandon tech, physically impede tech research and stop buying/supporting companies making this AI/singularity tech.

First, AI is going to make regular people jobless
Second, it is going to steal what few liberties and freedoms we have left
Third, it will make human life valueless to the true "Owners of Capital", many of whom are Closeted Fascists

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

We have the choice to switch our computers and mobile devices off.My days at work or home are exactly the same if I use my PC and take my smart phone with me,or if I think 'sod this technology lark' and leave my phone at home and don't switch my PC on for a few days..

Ha, thats what you think, but clearly have little high level management experience used to dealing with such issues. The problem is this stuff is a "requirement by employers". Take for example the concept of "web presence", although not wide spread, it won't be long before we are all required to have something like Facebook or game profile to be employed.

Here is an article from the WSJ about a similar employer trend regarding the game "Worlds of Warcraft" (WOW):

Can 'World of Warcraft' Game Skills Help Land a Job?

Facebook participants and "Massively multiplayer online role-playing games" are demonstrating to employers that they are predisposed to be PERFECT WORKER BEE'S from the employers perspective. In reality there should be no desirable work trait that can be inferred from the public announcement of an indivuduals devotion to a videogame, but according to employers somehow there is.

Massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPG) for example are very time consuming, for the participant/player. They require real life schedule juggling, among many people, in order to conduct "raids", require many hours of near uninterrupted concentration & screen time until "quests" are finished, require the ability to "put fires out quickly" AND the people playing MMORPG's are willing to PAY for the pleasure of doing all of the above nonsense.

So what does that mean to the typical profit seeking "owner of capital" looking for worker-bees?

MMORPG'ers, most avid gamers and facebook'ers included and specifically those addicted to Worlds of Warcraft videogame, are predisposed to be PERFECT WORKER BEE'S. Their demonstrable, dedication to MMORPG's on their resumes, are a VERY good signal to the employer, that the same can be asked of them in a real-life work environment. Basically, if someone would pay out of their own pocket to do "MMORPG drudgery" in their spare time, certainly, the "owners of capital" can expect to offer the same "drudgery" in the office environment. In essence, the "worker bee" character of the potential employee has already been willingly advertised, by saying they are a dedicated WOW player.

Your comment made me think more about how MMORPG'ing is relevant to the job market when compared to "other" traditional past-times and I have an explanation for why some employers would value it.

For example Golf, Tennis, Box-Seats at sporting event, Biking, Running, etc, ALL have environments that can foster casual business talk during the activity, which, in turn, lead to "new" partnerships, sales and opportunities. These activities are usually done by those in "management" or those on track to be executives. Hence, the nature of these activities, which foster "business small talk", will ALWAYS be relevant to those moving "up the ladder", in the eyes of employers.

But in contrast, how can MMORPG's foster casual "business small talk" during their online activity?
Well, as far as I know they can't because nobody "initiates and closes deals" during "online chat".

So why would business find a MMORPG touting resume appealing?

I can answer.

Its a character study of the worst kind. MMORPG's, for the participant consumer are time consuming, requires schedule juggling among many people in order to conduct "raids", can require many hours of near uninterrupted concentration & screen time until "quests" are finished, requires the ability to "put fires out" quickly AND people playing MMORPG's are willing to PAY for the pleasure of doing all of the above nonsense.

So what does that mean to the profit seeking "owners of capital"?

American cliches dictate that those of "Management material" go out and meet people face-to-face, creating new opportunities. MMORPG'ers in contrast, hunker down and grind out XP in solitude in front of a screen. Though some employers may find MMORPG experience to be "desirable" among their rank-&-file staff, its also likely a "mark" against them for management track positions. In my opinion, a person wouldn't necessarily want to be labeled like this because it signals "take advantage of me", "flog me to death" and "pay me very little" because the only value I bring to the table, is working long hours while on salary.

MMORPR'ers on the surface, to employers, are NOT expected to bring in revenue as an asset, just spending it as an overhead liability because they have shown to do much of the same in their spare time, on their own dollar.

In summary American cliches dictate that those of "Management material" go out and meet people face-to-face, creating new opportunities. MMORPG'ers in contrast, hunker down and grind out XP in solitude.

Once you accept these insights it becomes very easy to see why employers would find heavy Facebook users and MMORPG experience to be "desirable" among their rank-&-file staff. It essentially signals "take advantage of me, flog me to death and pay me very little because the main value I bring to the table is working long hours, because I have clearly demonstrated that I do not value my own personal free time.

Another issue worth considering, revolves around the fact that most Americans are expected to and are coerced by employment requirements, to buy/finance a car, buy/finance education, buy/finance healthcare, buy/finance insurance and eventually buy/finance a home of some kind.

What do you think the "Owners of Capital" will do when life-extension tech and AI become mainstream commercial products?

They will simply coerce people to buy and subsidize it, even if the recipient doesn't want to have the procedure done or doesn't buy the AI device, AND, the methods used to coerce the general populace in the United States, will not require any additional lobbying or law changes on the behalf of the "Owners of Capital".

Imagine a world where life-extension and AI tech is sold and financed to regular people, over long repayment periods, to people that don't have the ability to pay for it, in cash, up front. Similar to a cars, education or home mortgages.

Want to opt-out? Sure you have the "choice" to do anything you want. We are a "free country" after all. But don't be surprised when you can't get a job for "opting out" of a tech purchase that is commonly required in the sector, in which you hope to have gainful employment with.
edit on 10-6-2015 by boohoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   
We already live in a dystopia...

1984 is already here, "Brave New World" has come and is here to stay. We did little/nothing to stop it.

What I foresee happening is a further breakdown of the individual barriers we have among ourselves, a future in which everyone knows everything about anyone. There will be no secrets in this future world.

Humans sure do love their secrets.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: boohoo

What you say about MMROP players may be accurate -- but how do you pry them away from WoW to hold a stable job if WoW is what they revolve their life around?

The people I know that are the best players usually are on unemployment, don't work, on disability, or aren't old enough to need to hold a steady job.

You can't play 50+ hours a week AND hold down a full time job. To be "elite" in a game, it's a full time job in and of itself.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Google had to play, had to join the party or get crushed.

Just like Microsoft at first tried to be aloof and just make its money.

But when you make that kind of money you have to join or die, just as Microsoft was sued for antitrust and were almost annihilated until they joined the gang rape.

Google is smart enough to see this so they joined the whore house willingly before they were struck down…

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE THAT KIND OF MONEY...and then be allowed to stay on the sidelines

“Three years ago, Google finally joined the ranks of top-spending Washington lobbyists,” Assange tells me. “It’s a list usually stalked by such giants as the US Chamber of Commerce, military contractors, and the petro-carbon leviathans. Google is now at the top of the company list.” It annually spends more on lobbying than such military aerospace giants Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and Boeing.

edit on 10-6-2015 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Google had to play, had to join the party or get crushed.

Just like Microsoft at first tried to be aloof and just make its money.

But when you make that kind of money you have to join or die, just as Microsoft was sued for antitrust and were almost annihilated until they joined the gang rape.

Google is smart enough to see this so they joined the whore house willingly before they were struck down…

NO ONE IS ALLOWED TO MAKE THAT KIND OF MONEY...and then be allowed to stay on the sidelines

“Three years ago, Google finally joined the ranks of top-spending Washington lobbyists,” Assange tells me. “It’s a list usually stalked by such giants as the US Chamber of Commerce, military contractors, and the petro-carbon leviathans. Google is now at the top of the company list.” It annually spends more on lobbying than such military aerospace giants Lockheed Martin, Raytheon and Boeing.

It depends how you see things. Do you think it's governments that control corporations or corporations that control governments ? I believe we live in Corporatocracy, and I also think at some level there is no distinction between the two, at some level you can think of corporations as governments and governments as corporations. Because there is one thing, the market, which pervades everything.

And as Assange said, Google is beyond reform because it's something that is in the business of sucking private data, which makes it a natural ally of governments.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join