It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McKinney officer resigns due to actions in pool party video

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

Who cares what she said

Anyone and everyone talking about possible racial elements to this ought to care. Unless, of course, the truth isn't an issue. She admitted to a racial comment from herself, and she's not being honest about her accusations against others, either. I know what a lying teen looks like, and she is one. If you claim there was racism, how can you NOT care what she said?

If we want to leave race and what was said racially out of it then it works both ways.
Either it wasn't racially charged, which works both ways, or it was and what we have to take everyone's account of what was said.
Just because one girl admitted what she said doesn't some how negate that anyone said anything to them

She admitted to her comment, which someone else already pointed out in the thread, and NO ONE ELSE has admitted to any racial comments. The resident who went on national news to talk said all of the racial comments were from the party crashers. So, what she said fits what he said. But, hey, ignore, whatever doesn't fit your preferred narrative.

The vandalism took place before the protest.[/qote]

I didn't discuss when it took place. I said an agenda might be in place.

None of that changes what the cop did.

I will agree the cops needed to be called, but it doesn't excuse his actions.
About the only thing I agree with is how he acted when the kids did what they did while he was assaulting the girl.
Those kids were bone heads and very lucky they didn't get shot.

No, it doesn't. He made mistakes. And I agree, and stated so, that he was in fact right to pull his weapon. The video wasn't clear, but the still from it, to which someone linked, were.

The real issue I have at this point is that so many talking heads want to completely ignore the cause of this entire incident, which was a party organized, asking people to come to the pool, against all regulations of that community. Those actions were wrong, and what the cop did cannot be used as an excuse to sweep those actions under the rug. I tend to detest HOAs, but in this case, I hope they remove the woman and her daughter that planned this event. The entire neighborhood is now under scrutiny because of it, people re sending their families away, homes are being vandalized, and we all know more and more protests will be coming. Violence seems to be the end result of those, and all because some girl decided to break regulations to promote a party. Her mother was helping with it, so it can't be claimed the teen acted alone, either.

Nice to see Megyn Kelly addressing some of that.

Now to go post a correction in the other thread, on the cop's gun.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

No one is ignoring what caused it, they just don't see what the cause has to do with the actions of 1 officer of the 12 that responded. I haven't seen one talking head say the cops should not have been there, just that the one officers actions once there were out of line.

Yeah surprise surprise that the kid admitted what she said but the adults were smart enough not to.
Again how does that negate the idea that both sides were throwing slurs?
It would only do so if you just choose to make it so.

So, what she said fits what he said. But, hey, ignore, whatever doesn't fit your preferred narrative.

It only fits because you want it to fit, do you have proof that she didn't say anything? No, you do not.
But if the race part doesn't matter, then why does it matter what she said?
Either we leave race out of it or we don't, if it didn't matter that racial things were said when the first story came out, why does it matter now?
Hypocrisy at its finest.

Is it only race bating one way?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   

No one is ignoring what caused it, they just don't see what the cause has to do with the actions of 1 officer of the 12 that responded. I haven't seen one talking head say the cops should not have been there, just that the one officers actions once there were out of line.

I didn't say that they said the cps shouldn't be there; I said they were refusing to address the reason the police were called. The more we hear about that, the worse it sounds. This party was organized by a pair off residents, mother and daughter, and it seems the daughter does parties to make money. She posted all over the place about a dj, food, and a POOL. The rules for that pool are that parties are limited to twenty guests, but she posted all over online, knowing a lot more people than that would show up. Now, we can read that she's scrubbing her social media accounts, and she claims she didn't plan for things to get out of hand. But she did. She isn't an idiot, and has to know that an online invite will draw a lot of people, especially when it is a free pool party, with dj and food. Who posts open invitations to a private party for their friends? The entire party plan has been misrepresented from the start of this fiasco. The cop who became out of control was also the first on the scene, and faced with a large mob of teens, out of control and fighting.

Yeah surprise surprise that the kid admitted what she said but the adults were smart enough not to.
Again how does that negate the idea that both sides were throwing slurs?
It would only do so if you just choose to make it so.

Several reports have come in of racial comments from the kids. The only ones that have come in about the residents were from articles, with no source named, and the one white girl who was cuffed, who looked anything but honest in her interview. Residents have given interviews and stated that only the kids made slurs, and with only ONE person on the other side claiming they actually heard such slurs from residents, those claims are far less credible.

It only fits because you want it to fit, do you have proof that she didn't say anything? No, you do not.
But if the race part doesn't matter, then why does it matter what she said?
Either we leave race out of it or we don't, if it didn't matter that racial things were said when the first story came out, why does it matter now?
Hypocrisy at its finest.

Is it only race bating one way?

That girl, Grace, is the ONLY one stating on video that she heard any resident making a racial slur, and that claim has been repeated as though it was gospel. That girl is one who knows the party organizer. Not exactly unbiased, is she? She's the one that told party planner girl there were slurs. If you can' see the reason we should doubt her, I can't help you.

The only racial elements in this case are manufactured by those who were involved with the against-the-rules party, and people repeating them. The reason this story is big is because the kids we saw being detained were black. From the start, it was presented by the media as race-related. So, yes, it matters who said what, and who lied about it.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 02:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

You're right, that guy was a douche, the barrel roll where he lost his service flashlight was epic stupidity, he was lucky it wasn't his pistol.

Glad he's off the force.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join