It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Lawyers Asked Secret Court To Ignore Public Court's Decision On Spying

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kapusta

Wait a second. If The Obama administration wan to implement this, why is it that they want it to occur for only 6 months?

to once again grant the National Security Agency the power to collect the phone records of millions of Americans for six months.

Are they expecting something to happen within 6 months and that's why they have requested the public phone records for this time frame?

edit on 9-6-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

Wait a second. If The Obama administration wan to implement this, why is it that they want it to occur for only 6 months?

to once again grant the National Security Agency the power to collect the phone records of millions of Americans for six months.

Are they expecting something to happen within 6 months and that's why they have requested the public phone records for this timeline?

Elections maybe ?

takes time to collect and sell dirt ...

edit on 9-6-2015 by Kapusta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Which clearly they don't care about.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I hear what you are saying, but a transition period to stop such a program is different to requesting an extension to collect more information for 6 more months.

If you are requesting an extension to collect more phone records for "millions of Americans" that is not a request to slowdown and transition. It is a request to continue collecting a huge amount of data from the public for a specific time frame.
edit on 9-6-2015 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Against Romney or McCain? Sure.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:34 PM
link   
All this aside, why is congress getting a pass on all of this?

Why do they not shoulder the blame as well...

They are the ones the passed the bill the allows this 6 month window.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Assuming this is all true...where the hell are our representatives filing for impeachment and prison for this criminal who is trying to break the law? Conspiracy to commit a federal crime? Breaking his oath to uphold the Constitution and the laws of our country? I for one, will NEVER support or follow the decisions of a SECRET court. Secrets are only kept from us because they are secrets against us.

And by the way...can't a traitor be sentenced to death? He can have a choice of lethal injection, firing squad or hanging.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:59 PM
link   

# Obama, just another nut job like Graham and McCain.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

How can justice that is served in secret be justice.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

How can justice that is served in secret be justice.

It can't...and anyone asking for it is simply a criminal. I thought Putin was bad. He could take lessons from Obama.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
All this aside, why is congress getting a pass on all of this?

Why do they not shoulder the blame as well...

They are the ones the passed the bill the allows this 6 month window.

Obama must be asking for more.

Then later he can ask to keep it.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I hope I live to see the day that all these traitors are brought to justice.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   

The Obama administration has asked a secret surveillance court to ignore a federal court that found bulk surveillance illegal and to once again grant the National Security Agency the power to collect the phone records of millions of Americans for six months.

What happened to this guy ?

'No more spying on citizens who are not suspected of a crime'!!

I wish Obama would be held to the SAME standards GW was.

I guess hell would freeze over.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

What happened to this guy ?

He lied and got elected.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I simply find it astonishing.

Obama campaigned on illegal spying. Was elected on it, and now he is defending it.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kapusta

President Barack Obama talks to the media about the USA Freedom Act at the White House last month. Photograph: Chip Somodevilla/Getty Images

The Obama administration has asked a secret surveillance court to ignore a federal court that found bulk surveillance illegal and to once again grant the National Security Agency the power to collect the phone records of millions of Americans for six months.

The legal request, filed nearly four hours after Barack Obama vowed to sign a new law banning precisely the bulk collection he asks the secret court to approve, also suggests that the administration may not necessarily comply with any potential court order demanding that the collection stop.

Two Faced Much ?

US officials confirmed last week that they would ask the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance court – better known as the Fisa court, a panel that meets in secret as a step in the surveillance process and thus far has only ever had the government argue before it – to turn the domestic bulk collection spigot back on.

Link

Secret court eh ?

My thoughts

"Creation" Created man ,Thus having ownership over man ,Man created law ,Thus having ownership over law . So how can law have ownership over man ?

do we have ownership over creation ?

No court shall decide my fate, or dictate my actions .

When more people understand this then more people will know they are the free man .

You are not bound by any man made laws governing your sovereign persons .

Oh and Here is a big finger to administration!

I'm a liberal, but it took me until the Obama admin to realize that higher ups in the Democratic Party are as sold out as the Republican higher ups. I was young when Bush took power, so wasn't fully cognizant of things. I thought it was just the Republicans...

This kind of things pisses me off.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Give the man another Nobel piece prize cuz he is one PIECE of work!

Impeach his ass before we are beyond repair. Joe can't possibly be worse for the remainder of the term.

Republicans will take the WH, NOT because they earned it but because Obama is giving it away with his actions.

Dems won't even have Obama speak on their behalf on the campaign trail. They can't get far enough away from him!

Hope and Change, huh...

If you think this is a Democrat/Republican thing you are lost.... Bush started the Patriot Act and secret courts..... But yes, we may see a rebound to yet another puppet on the right.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

I simply find it astonishing.

Obama campaigned on illegal spying. Was elected on it, and now he is defending it.

"No more ignoring the law when it's inconvenient." Obama, 2007/2008.

I'm astonished that you're astonished, really.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
In the words of Richard B. Riddick
'I bow to no man'

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

What would have happened to Susan Lindauer under this new Freedom Act juxtaposed to that which happened to her under the Patriot Act??

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join