It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The pro-Russia separatist regions just named Crimea as a part of Ukraine

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Forensick

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Forensick

Russia invaded Crimea before ANY votes (illegal votes) occurred. That is an invasion.

Please explain - If Putin feels he had a moral imperative to invade Crimea then why did he do it by lying? Why did he maintain there were no Russian troops in Crimea and that the non insignia troops were not Russian?

Why did he then announce they were Russians troops, including the non insignia troops, in Crimea after the illegal occupation and annexation?

he did this because he knew he was invading a sovereign nation and that his justification would not work.

But this thread is about pro-Russian separatists naming Crimea part of Ukraine. I didn't come here to listen to the details of the Crimea invasion, annexation or whatever, there are many posts I can read about.

This interested me but you are ruining it.

Start your own thread or resurrect one of many.

What is the importance of the op?

This IS his thread.

And if Crimea is back with Ukraine that is good. Now Russia just has to take back Ukraine and thhey get them both without dispute. Back to normal.

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

lol

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

And Poland,Rumania ,Czechkloslovakia and Germany TOO right?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1
Seems like that earlier add for Ukrainian and Russian speaking people to do some work for DOD are getting their messages out .I am sure Moscow will get a chuckle out of this and we may even here this new news repeated at the press brefing from the State Dept . It is after all coming from social media :>)

Hey now, it was on Yahoo, a very reliable trustworthy news source who would never lie and make up lies and spread propaganda. No..noo..of course not. Only the Russian media does that. Just ask the OP and the first guy who replied to the thread.

If this was news from a Russian source, saying that Ukraine released a statement saying Crimea was part of Russia, these two guys, among a small group here on ATS, would be jumping up and down ranting and raving at the top of their lungs how it's Putin's propaganda machine at work etc etc.

But when it comes from an American/Western source, or any source that isn't Russian(or Chinese or one of their allies), then it's 110% bonefied the truth without a shadow of a doubt and shouldn't be questioned.

It's best to laugh at these people and the nonsense they come up with and actually believe.
There's certainly no point arguing with brainwashed people who can't think for them selves and flood the forum and countless threads with pretty obvious propaganda. I guess that's not against the site rules though so there's not much that can be done, yet.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA

originally posted by: Forensick

a reply to: Forensick

Russia invaded Crimea before ANY votes (illegal votes) occurred. That is an invasion.

Please explain - If Putin feels he had a moral imperative to invade Crimea then why did he do it by lying? Why did he maintain there were no Russian troops in Crimea and that the non insignia troops were not Russian?

Why did he then announce they were Russians troops, including the non insignia troops, in Crimea after the illegal occupation and annexation?

he did this because he knew he was invading a sovereign nation and that his justification would not work.

But this thread is about pro-Russian separatists naming Crimea part of Ukraine. I didn't come here to listen to the details of the Crimea invasion, annexation or whatever, there are many posts I can read about.

This interested me but you are ruining it.

Start your own thread or resurrect one of many.

What is the importance of the op?

This IS his thread.

And if Crimea is back with Ukraine that is good. Now Russia just has to take back Ukraine and thhey get them both without dispute. Back to normal.

What other countries do they need to invade in your opinion to show the world how peaceful and war-hating Russia is?

At least you are admitting you are a hypocrite, I can give you that at least.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 06:20 AM
link   
a reply to: mortex

Logical fallacy.

No one says RT only posts lies.

No one says western media only posts truth.

What we say is that RT is State owned and tends to say whatever helps Russia/Putin and is less reliable. It's a fact

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Logical fallacy.

No one says RT only posts lies.

No one says western media only posts truth.

What we say is that RT is State owned and tends to say whatever helps Russia/Putin and is less reliable. It's a fact

There is no correlation between "state owned" and "say whatever helps Russian/Putin"

Being state owned keeps a media vehicle out of the blood sucking grips of mega corporations that will say whatever helps the political leaders they paid to put in office.

I wanted to give a response to the other post but I could not figure out what you were saying. Can you clarify?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

And Poland,Rumania ,Czechkloslovakia and Germany TOO right?

Sure, but can you give me one reason why we cannot add France to the list? I have a bone to pick.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I guess if you want to find out the truth ,then you have to do a little digging and thinking . Many times the western msm get it so wrong the first try and some even make corrections ,although in the back pages of there medium . But this story would have been a easy mistake to make . Even the DPR/LPR have issued a clarification . "DPR and LPR Confirm What We Said: They Did NOT Recognize Crimea as Ukrainian "

“MOSCOW. June 10 (Interfax) - The self-proclaimed Donetsk and Luhansk People’s Republics have decided to revoke additional amendments to the Ukrainian constitution mentioning Crimea and Sevastopol, which they presented to the Trilateral Contact Group two days ago, the Donetsk news agency has said.

“There is no doubt, the DPR and the LPR regard Crimea as a part of Russia. Moreover, our republics think it would be ideal to join the Russian Federation,” said the report quoting the DPR and LPR negotiators, Denis Pushilin and Vladislav Deinego, as saying.

The negotiators reiterated the validity of the other amendments.

“The mention of Crimea in the draft amendments we have proposed to individual articles of the current Ukrainian constitution has a purely technical and legal meaning; this mention does not have any substantive significance for the simple reason that Crimea is not and cannot be a subject of the Minsk negotiations. We suggest that Ukraine should accept the other amendments immediately,” the report said.
russia-insider.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Russian people can elect whomever they wish.

I don't believe for one second you believe that .Just like the Syrian people cant have a leader not beholden to Washington's dictates or Libya or Iran or many others that have been destroyed . Heck even a former French politician claims that all European countries have to walk the Washington line . One compared it to giving a BJ .

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: the2ofusr1

I absolutely do believe that. just because they elect Putin doesn't mean I have to agree with it. Just as I didn't agree with Obama being elected twice.

I can still criticize their actions and call for them to be replaced.

You seem to think that is not possible - why?

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Russian media is in fact state owned.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Russian media is in fact state owned.

Bust so is the Canadian CBC who's coverage is some of the most balanced I have witnessed. I do not frown on state owned media. As well as state owned banks and state owned hospitals or state owned higher education. Basically anything with the exception of products and non-essential services ahould be state owned, in my humble opinion.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

All Russian media is state owned. The CBC is just one of many media outlets in Canada and not all are state owned.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

It is a bit of a war here with out media outlets. The CBC is the only one that is mandated by pu lic to provide unbiased and fair news coverage. The rest of our media can say or not say whatever they please with no recourse. The only reason they stay even remotely balance is to not stand out as bat *snio* crazy compared to our balanced and mono-toned Perer Mansbidge. Non-public media wants the CBC gone like I want Sarah Jessica Parker in my bed. Our PM even wants the CBC gone because the CBC says it how it is and the PM cannot offer the CBC anything to play along with Harpers diabolical plans.

Anyway. I don't want to drift youe thread so just believe me when I say that I will not be bent on the importaance of media being out of the hands of big business.

posted on Jun, 11 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Too far south the Russians haven't the ability to expand that far and as we speak are being CONTAINED ,which SOME POEPLE tend to bitch about uselessly.
THE RODINA is dead.
GIVE up the empire,it won't fly AGAIN.
edit on 11-6-2015 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join