It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: White House on Lockdown, Briefing Room Evacuated for Security

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Suspicious package?

Maybe someone ordered Domino's to the White House. I know I was freaked out when my doorbell rang and a Domino's employee was standing there. My girl neglected to mention she had ordered online. I haven't seen a real-life Domino's delivery person in about 10 years, I wondered if it was a ghost or apparition.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: texasgirl

The Fox article I linked stated it was a "suspicious package" across the street from the white house, but I have even less proof for that than I do for the War on Terrr…ifying packages.

The threat made by telephone concerned the press briefing room so it was evacuated. No other rooms inside the White House were evacuated, which is so odd.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Suspicious package?

I wondered if it was a ghost or apparition.

Lincoln's ghost run amok? I could see that being a reason to evacuate the press run. After all both Reagan and George the first both have said on the record that they've seen it.

Tin Foil Hat Time (or TFHT):
Maybe one of those slave aliens people talked about in the early 80's got loose.

One thing that might be of interest with this event, it looks like the press room isn't as bomb proof as the rest of the White House.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   

I first heard the 'suspicious package' story as well.
I also heard the whole West Wing of WH was evacuated, as well...before reports became localized to the Press room (which is a matter of yards from the Oval Office).

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Interesting that press people in the room report that bomb threats were common, but that none of them ever were evacuated before.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

I first heard the 'suspicious package' story as well.

I also heard the whole West Wing of WH was evacuated, as well...before reports became localized to the Press room (which is a matter of yards from the Oval Office).

Yes, it's weird. Josh Earnest confirmed it was only the press that was evacuated. Obama was not.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom
Suspicious package?

Maybe someone ordered Domino's to the White House. I know I was freaked out when my doorbell rang and a Domino's employee was standing there. My girl neglected to mention she had ordered online. I haven't seen a real-life Domino's delivery person in about 10 years, I wondered if it was a ghost or apparition.

lol for real? That's a little scary. Glad I don't deliver food haha.

never know who might open the door on the other end.

If only certain people are evacuated it would sound more like a message to certain people, than a threat to power..
edit on 9-6-2015 by KnightLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Looks like they still don't have a clear strategy against threats !!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Looks like they still don't have a clear strategy against threats !!

I think your avatar explains it?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I wish I could find the video of this April gal who was questioning Josh about why only the press was evacuated. She was like a dog with a bone and would not let go. You can see Josh getting exasperated. She, too, felt it was odd.

Maybe someone has better search skills and can find it for me?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Either something is up with the press or the government security is really lazy.

Does the press room have explosion/biological containing walls?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Based on what?

What kind of strategy can you have with a phone call?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

One of these days.

You just never know.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The only suspicious package I know of at the White House is in Michelle's panties .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

I think X is referring to the fact that the WH must receive dozens of telephoned-in bomb threats each year...and yet, evacuations are very rare. Indeed, reporters present, stated they'd never before been evacuated.

This must mean that the Secret Service has just established a NEW policy to deal with these type incidents, or that they considered THIS threat to particularly credible and comes from a seriously dangerous source.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80
a reply to: xuenchen

Based on what?

What kind of strategy can you have with a phone call?

You missed the insinuations from recent current events and statements by Obama.

It was a semi-joke about ISIS and the NSA.

My Gawd.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse
The only suspicious package I know of at the White House is in Michelle's panties .

Talk about a 'Suspicious Box'...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So it was a bermb threat, I though at first someone left their heng sangwiches behind. I dunno, maybe this happens all the time, like they seem to have a lot of unauthorised visitors at times, gyros, airplanes guys dandering about the white house lawn. Seems like they could do with John McClane on the job.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
So it was a bermb threat, I though at first someone left their heng sangwiches behind. I dunno, maybe this happens all the time, like they seem to have a lot of unauthorised visitors at times, gyros, airplanes guys dandering about the white house lawn. Seems like they could do with John McClane on the job.

Totally off topic:

What's a "heng sangwich"? Is it British slang? I love British slang.
edit on 9-6-2015 by TomLawless because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It was Bruce Gendrs "package", it was cut off and left there by the perverted Duggar kid that hates gays. LOL

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join