The Indian Army, in a joint operation with the Air Force, engaged groups of militants at two locations on the Indo-Myanmar border today and said
it had inflicted "significant casualties." Initial reports suggest that about 50 or more militants have been killed in the operations.
So far no causalities has been reported on the side of the special forces.
China backing N-E ultras: Intelligence
Well, thats another area of conflict to add in this messed up world. This isn't new btw, this is very old and happening for sometime but its the first
time in decades that the IA has moved inside the Myanmar border(with permission) to take on groups funded and backed by the Chinese. I am expecting
this to continue for some time. Army has denied claims of crossing the border but majority of the Defense Analysts and sources claim that Spec forces
crossed the border into Myanmar at Dawn with Mi-17 Helis and hit two different locations.
I posted here as most westerners are not aware of the little tussle in N.E of India b/w India and China
Series of events
1.NSCN-K terrorists who did Manipur ambush killing 18 Indian soldiers on 6th June, crossed the border back into Myanmar and hid in 2 camps there.
2. Ambush by NSCN terrorists on 6th June
3. Indian army intelligence traced the terrorist’s organisations in a massive hunt that followed the ambush.
4. The army found out that more attacks were planned from Myanmar camps.
5. Drones were sent deep in Myanmar territory to locate camps.
6. One camp was located east of Nagaland and another east of Manipur, approximately 150 KM south. Both well inside Myanmar.
7. Once the drones located the camps, Indian army top leadership sought operational clearance from PMO India (involved border crossing).
8. PMO was quick in providing the clearance.
9. Planes carrying Indian Special Forces silently crossed into Myanmar after informing the government on India.
10. It was not a joint operation with Myanmar army, intelligence or government. All special commandos were dropped strategically.
11. Indian Special Forces eliminated at least 50+ NSCN-K terrorists in the two camps inside Myanmar. Best of all, there was zero casualty for 12.
India which is a splendid news in a hostile foreign territory.
13. The army announced the success of this hot pursuit inside Myanmar only after every single Indian Special Forces commando reached home
edit on 9-6-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)
edit on 9-6-2015 by maddy21 because: (no reason
edit on 9-6-2015 by maddy21 because: correction