It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Erdogan accepts Turkish govt's resignation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accepted the government’s resignation on Tuesday, asking Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu to stay on in his post until a new Cabinet is formed

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this means, it seems as though even though Erdogan's party lost the majority of Turkish government, he still remained, and the minority winners are now resigning? Anyone with a more accurate depiction? I will ask my Turkish friends about this asap and update with what they say.

* 2 turkish friends spoken with so far, mind you they are people I know in an MMORPG, but they are turkish and in Turkey none the less, they haven't heard of this at all yet. I don't know how fast news can spread in Turkey they said.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

Thanks for posting this.

He has had a lot of inflammatory and warmongering rhetoric recently.

So much at play in the ME it is hard to keep track of it all, and even harder to filter the BS from the facts.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

No problem, I know Turkish elections and the current situation made tensions in Turkey high, but honestly, it only seems that way to us. Not your average Turk. My friends are laughing that I know this before them, saying I worry too much. Maybe they are right on this one.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I have no doubt 90% of the information I get, through MSM and alternative websites, is total propaganda.

Thanks for sharing your unique perspective

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Just dropping of a link to what seems to be a good piece on the subject . Turkey has not been one of my subjects to look into but I think it's time to start . atimes.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Read that the main Kurdish party won 11% of the vote, meaning they will go over the 10% threshold to get representation in parliament. For a somewhat (at times) oppressed minority surely that's a good thing

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
Read that the main Kurdish party won 11% of the vote, meaning they will go over the 10% threshold to get representation in parliament. For a somewhat (at times) oppressed minority surely that's a good thing

It would seem so, but the Kurds have always been, erm, not so liked. Interesting times ahead for Turkey, will be interesting to see when the official results are announced in a week or so.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

As far as I understand it the Greeks and Kurds were the natives in Anatolia and the Turks from central Asia/China are newcomers who colonised the land and Turkified everything. You can understand the Kurds and the Greeks for being a little peeved

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has accepted the government’s resignation on Tuesday, asking Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu to stay on in his post until a new Cabinet is formed

I'm trying to figure out exactly what this means, it seems as though even though Erdogan's party lost the majority of Turkish government, he still remained, and the minority winners are now resigning? Anyone with a more accurate depiction? I will ask my Turkish friends about this asap and update with what they say.

* 2 turkish friends spoken with so far, mind you they are people I know in an MMORPG, but they are turkish and in Turkey none the less, they haven't heard of this at all yet. I don't know how fast news can spread in Turkey they said.

My Turkish friends that moved from there to NYC all think he is a tyrant, for what it's worth.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
So I looked into this ..

A government source told news agency AFP the expected move was purely procedural and Mr Erdogan would host Mr Davutoglu again at a later date to discuss starting coalition talks with other parties.

So basically this is just a tradition.

The old cabinet "resigns" so the new one can take office. The old cabinet will stay in place while the new one is formed.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
So I looked into this ..

A government source told news agency AFP the expected move was purely procedural and Mr Erdogan would host Mr Davutoglu again at a later date to discuss starting coalition talks with other parties.

So basically this is just a tradition.

The old cabinet "resigns" so the new one can take office. The old cabinet will stay in place while the new one is formed.

Yep that is it exactly. This is just the ways things are done in Turkey. If it did not happen that would mean their was a problem.

top topics

join