It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Televangelist Creflo Dollar Will Get His $65 Million Private Jet, Ministry Says

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

Here is list of the Top 10 riches Christian pastors: www.straitstimes.com...

"Give your tithe to the Lord. God needs your money,
so I can have a yachet, and you can keep your cot.
Because that is the way God wants it--praise Jesus!"

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: wasaka

Heck it commands you to pay priests rich or poor in the first book of the Bible.
How many can't see past the scam is beyond me.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: wasaka

Here is list of the Top 10 riches Christian pastors: www.straitstimes.com...

"Give your tithe to the Lord. God needs your money,
so I can have a yachet, and you can keep your cot.
Because that is the way God wants it--praise Jesus!"

Jeez Nigeria is overly represented in that group.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Yikes, five of them are from Nigeria. That's particularly alarming considering they're from a country whose per capita GDP is 1/17th of the US's.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

It is also a country where gay men and transsexuals
are routinely murdered in the name of said God.

"In Nigeria, over here, it’s Jail the Gays bill while in Uganda, it’s Kill the Gays."
www.lgbtqnation.com...

The primate of the Anglican Church of Nigeria, Nicholas Okoh, boldly stated, “You are already aware of the evil wind blowing across the Western world, by way of the homosexual agenda. They want to push it down everybody’s throat. And as far as they are concerned, it is a matter of human right. But God’s right is not discussed….The Biblical understanding of marriage will continue to be the basis of our teaching; we will not change that position. So… please, resist the Devil and all his works, and he will flee from you.”

“What an interesting choice of words. Not only does it invoke a visceral revulsion, it also ties gay rights to an act of violence. Christian history is a flowing stream of new insight,” answers Jack of Christians Tired of Being Misrepresented. “Our understanding and interpretation of Scripture has changed over time, and continues to change, as our understanding of the world God has made for us expands. We choose to participate in the full life of Christian history, sharing the inspiration the Holy Spirit gives to us. We therefore see God’s embrace of LGBT people as the clear meaning of Scripture and the present culmination of the whole arc of Christian history.”

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hey where are the "TRUE" christians at? We need you here guys to come point out this hypocrisy and blatant affront to your religion. Surely this kind of thing is blasphemous right? Where are you guys? Oh wait they are over in any of the transgender threads sharing their righteousness there instead.

edit on CDTTue, 09 Jun 2015 12:00:49 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago09-05:00Tue, 09 Jun 2015 12:00:49 -050000 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Heck it commands you to pay priests rich or poor in the first book of the Bible.
How many can't see past the scam is beyond me.

Abraham paid a Priest of EL to get his blessing.
I always wondered why.... and why no one asks why!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Why oh why do people need massive churches and stuff to pray in? you don't need a church or a priest or any clergy to pray to God.

It's purely psychology. People like to feel like they fit in with a group and are accepted. If Jesus walked into any random modern-day church, he'd probably end up telling 99% of the people to promptly GTFO.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:56 PM
link   
a reply to: ItalianDressing

You are still going to have to buy a Western military aircraft capable of firing said AIM-9 as well. Those get pretty expensive if you can buy one at all. A Mig however...

He could have gotten a good used C-130 for far less, even put a bed in it and still have room to bring food and medical supplies t all those outreaching areas. Or is he just wanting to go around acting as a celebrity king in those places instead, probably the latter.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Now now. You don't have to be a believer to separate a foo*ahem*a believer from his money.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:05 PM
link   

From the book of Copeland:

"and so those who wish to earn the favor of god will pay $9.99 for the express privilege of being blessed by his most holy ambassador."

Televangelism is a load of you know what. Getting up for work I'd turn on the TV and see some of the most shameless plugging. Either buy the tapes of Joyce Mayer reciting bible passages for three easy payments of $9.99, or you can buy a bible for $2 and read the passages yourself. I've stated before that I have nothing against people expressing their faith but I have a big problem with those who exploit the faithful.

edit on 9-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:10 PM
link   

The likes of these will see the end soon enough. Then they will know shame beyond all shame. To invent a lie about God, can their be a greater sin?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

I pictured that in my mind and wow it would make a good short film...funny also

"Jesus walks into a packed Church full of Sunday worshipers, the camera zooms in to Jesus's brow and eyes, he looks left and right, people start to turn and gasp "It's Jesus!" a woman murmurs........Jesus's gaze falls upon her....

He suddenly points and at her and screams in a Geordie accent (got the feeling jesus 2.0 will be born in Newcastle) "GET THE FOOOK OUT!" and he points to the door.

then maybe a fight scene and maybe a unicorn I have not decided yet.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Isurrender73

The likes of these will see the end soon enough. Then they will know shame beyond all shame. To invent a lie about God, can their be a greater sin?

Isn't that all religion? a lie about God?.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
nvm
edit on 9-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Prosperity Gospel makes me sick to my stomach.

The lowest of the low.

There is nothing Christian about it.

Are they praising God for Salvation? No, they are worshiping the God of Money, for Money, and blessings for more earthly riches.

edit on 9-6-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:22 PM
link   
American Christianity cast out demons with the left hand accepts visa or mastercard with the right

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Oh thank GOD!

(sarcasm)

Christianity doesn't have enough damned haters, we needed this asshole to add fuel to the fire!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   
This stuff is just disgusting. If Jesus had one he would be rolling over in His grave.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:20 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Malcolm X on Jesus

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join