It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Need God In America Again - Karis Peters

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Was not sure where to place this, as it crosses boundaries between stupid, ignorant, anti-scientific, religion, politics and stupid again...

In short, Miss Peters managed to show all what is wrong with religious folks, from mentioned genocide of fetuses she mentioned, mess of history she made to point that after long, God decided to have his own team on earth... At least this is very close to why we not #1 in education, because you can't believe all fairy tales and then accept what kids in other places on earth have for granted - believing in science. Only in USA (and few other religious backward countries) evolution is questionable because of religious view, just here (and again few other countries) we don't use metric system, only us (and one more country) we don't have universal care.... (should I continue??)

What do you guys and galls think??
edit on 9-6-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog

because you can't believe all fairy tales and then accept what kids in other places on earth have for granted -

America is the land of fairy tails. We're delusional and in denial. Our favorite pastimes are TV, video games, Disney, circuses, fairs, and zoos.

Oh, and religion.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:35 AM
link   
A religion bash...

Great.

Haven't read one of these since yesterday.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs
Need to get your 5 a day to keep the doctor away

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:39 AM
link   
92% of Congress identifying as Christian goes to show that this woman has no idea what she's talking about.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Ted Cruz's father called for a Christian Theocracy.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Was not sure where to place this, as it crosses boundaries between stupid, ignorant, anti-scientific, religion, politics and stupid again...

Scary! The ignorant rhetoric is strong in this squeaky one!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:53 AM
link   

From God's mouth to Jesus' ears down to his hand writing the Bible. Amen!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Only in USA (and few other religious backward countries) evolution is questionable because of religious view, just here (and again few other countries) we don't use metric system, only us (and one more country) we don't have universal care.... (should I continue??)

I think the US is religiously backward because it's almost the only Christian country with such a high percentage of fundamentalists.

Regarding healthcare and metric system this is probably less related to religions and falls more into my "Americans are quite irrational" box. Rejection of the metric system is because of rivalry with the French I guess and no healthcare is because of the "damn communists!" mindset that still exists since the cold war.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Just like your OP, her voice was like listening to someone scratch a blackboard.

Miss Peters managed to show all what is wrong with religious folks

Superfrog managed to show all what is arrogant with some holier-than-thou science folks.

Tell you what, get on your podium and film a youtube clip when you have nailed anti-gravity or developed a workable alternative to fossil-fuels that actually helps mankind.....or at the very least is impressive.

edit on 9-6-2015 by Sublimecraft because: I toned it down a few notches

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I wanted to give this girl an open-minded listen. But her first statement about Jefferson sounded so odd that I looked it up...

The statement, "the Bible is the source of liberty" has not been found in any writings of Thomas Jefferson.

The first known appearance of this quotation, attributed to Jefferson, is in the book Our Public Schools - Christian or Secular, by Renwick Harper Martin.[1] It could possibly be an inaccurate paraphrase of the famous line in the Declaration of Independence, "...they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness." However, "endowed by their Creator with...Liberty" is not equivalent to "the Bible is the source of liberty."

Source

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I just don't see any reason to listen to any more of it. It's "poetry". I'm not going to get down on her for what she believes, but it seems to me that God is alive and well in the old USA, and she really has nothing to worry about. The last thing we need is more God in government.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

Just like your OP, her voice was like listening to someone scratch a blackboard.

Miss Peters managed to show all what is wrong with religious folks

Superfrog managed to show all what is arrogant with some holier-than-thou science folks.

Tell you what Kermit, get on your podium and film a youtube clip when you have nailed anti-gravity or developed a workable alternative to fossil-fuels that actually helps mankind.....or at the very least is impressive.

Until then yawn

(should I continue??)
No, but I will, while you are quantifying a response to this retort, know this.

**clunk**

I particularly like how he says "all what is wrong with religious folks" in a generalizing fashion then quickly contradicts himself saying "Only in USA (and few other religious backward countries)".

Oookay? So I guess what he means is "what is wrong religious extremists in the US" in which case I can agree.

But of course it's easier to simply say "religious folks" as the bait is of better quality and will ensure more response from hurt people, and more smugness from the frog telling them how religious people are all crazy.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   

So many errors in her video.
Also that voice....

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
There is god in America.

We carry it around everyday. Its what we slave for, it's what we put our energy into to create our place of living, our habitat, society.

Money is our God.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Who is Karis Peters and why should we care about her opinion?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Ever watch the film killing me softly?.

Even though I don't agree with it one of the characters rants it is quite good here.

Barack Obama (on TV): ...to reclaim the American dream and reaffirm that fundamental truth, that, out of many, we are one...

Driver: You hear that line? Line's for you.

Jackie Cogan: Don't make me laugh. One people. It's a myth created by Thomas Jefferson.

Driver: Oh, so now you're going to have a go at Jefferson, huh?

Jackie Cogan: My friend, Thomas Jefferson is an American saint because he wrote the words 'All men are created equal', words he clearly didn't believe since he allowed his own children to live in slavery. He's a rich white snob who's sick of paying taxes to the Brits. So, yeah, he writes some lovely words and aroused the rabble and they went and died for those words while he sat back and drank his wine and #ed his slave girl. This guy wants to tell me we're living in a community? Don't make me laugh. I'm living in America, and in America you're on your own. America's not a country. It's just a business. Now #in' pay me.
edit on 9-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

because you can't believe all fairy tales and then accept what kids in other places on earth have for granted -

America is the land of fairy tails. We're delusional and in denial. Our favorite pastimes are TV, video games, Disney, circuses, fairs, and zoos.

Oh, and religion.

And politics... Oh wait you already mentioned religion.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: JUhrman
I particularly like how he says "all what is wrong with religious folks" in a generalizing fashion then quickly contradicts himself saying "Only in USA (and few other religious backward countries)".

Oookay? So I guess what he means is "what is wrong religious extremists in the US" in which case I can agree.

But of course it's easier to simply say "religious folks" as the bait is of better quality and will ensure more response from hurt people, and more smugness from the frog telling them how religious people are all crazy.

Her little talk (or call it poem) was about 'America' and God, thus USA.

I agree, this can be applied to any form of religious extremism, as all of them think they are right or in worst case - that God gives them right to exercise their view onto others.

Question here is not if use of word 'religious people' is bait, but how many of people who believe share the same view in world as Miss Peters?! According to latest polls, large number share the same view and believe her message. Thanks to folks like her, only in USA is something like this possible:

www.businessinsider.com...

www.nbcnews.com...

Isn't this directly linked to OP and isn't this clear sign why we are not #1 in science or eductaion??

edit on 9-6-2015 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I suppose chalk it up to poetic license. And she did say she's from a Christian school.

While revising someone else's poem, she probably only used Christian school approved textbooks to fact check.

But, poetic license covers a multitude of errors.

But the spirit of the poem! Yeah, some foreign deity wants to continue the agenda of supplanting the native gods.

ETA

I forgot to throw in a political section.

The more that the U.S. bows down to this foreign deity the more the U.S. becomes merely a vassal state to the hoped for Worldwide Theocratic Empire.

ETA

I forgot the science portion.

This character who claims to be creator has only been around for about 3800 years. The World is a whole lot older than he is. Even humans have been on the North American Continent for about 15,000 years (I probably should have that fact checked)

Early_human_migrations
The date of migration to North America is disputed; it may have taken place around 30 thousand years ago, or considerably later, around 14 thousand years ago. The oldest DNA evidence of human habitation in North America, radiocarbon dated to 14,300 years ago, has been found in fossilized human coprolites uncovered in the Paisley Five Mile Point Caves in south-central Oregon.[5]

edit on 9-6-2015 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: SuperFrog
Question here is not if use of word 'religious people' is bait

It is. 85% people in the world declare to belong to one religion.

But among these 85% religious people, probably no more than 10% are hardcore, fundamentalist religious like the girl in the video.

So it's really a matter of what you are trying to express saying "religious people" in your OP. Are you talking about 6 billions of people, or only a fraction of them?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join