It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American Mercenaries En Route To Fight ISIS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

A group of American mercenaries is setting out to fight ISIS in the Philippines. Firearms instructor and martial artist Suleiman Yousef is leading the group, all of which have day jobs and regular lives back home in the United States.

Yousef, who once trained with Blackwater, says, “They’re hurting kids, they’re hurting innocent people, and they’re saying it’s in the name of Islam. It doesn’t work that way.”

21stcenturywire.com...

The Philippines?

I wonder who exactly is funding this mission and what the ultimate goals really are? I just don't buy that "concerned citizens" crap.

I have to wonder as well what happens when they run into trouble, who will bail them out. Who will hold them accountable when they open up on "suspected ISIS" who turn out to be nothing of the sort. I also find it incredible that the Phillipines government would allow a bunch of US yahoos to go stomping around in their country. A lot to this than meets the eye I suspect.

Own opinion? They are setting the stage for a fight, subsequent rescue with the US military playing the cavalry riding in to save US citizens, and getting to stage more military in China's back yard.
edit on 551Tue, 09 Jun 2015 07:14:09 -05001430700000015 by Britguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Seems like nice guy...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Plenty of people have gone over to fight ISIS.
Hells angels, ex paras.
I commend them.
Remember Hemmingway went to fight in the Spanish civil war as many people did, I wish I had the bottle to do it also.
Must admit I didn't know ISIS were operating in the Philippines.
edit on 9-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Parts of the Philippines
can be dicey...

almost everything
is corrupt there...

also not buying
the reason why

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Must admit I didn't know ISIS were operating in the Philippines.

Is it MILF?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:11 AM
link   
It wouldn't surprise me if they are. There are lots of place to hide there, even large operation like them can hide there. But they step on the wrong toe and they wouldn't last very long.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ObjectZero
It wouldn't surprise me if they are. There are lots of place to hide there, even large operation like them can hide there. But they step on the wrong toe and they wouldn't last very long.

Unless it's an American's toe...then we'll just send armored HMMWVs by the thousands to their area so that they can have them through force.

Our decisions concerning ISIS suck.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

originally posted by: ObjectZero

Unless it's an American's toe...then we'll just send armored HMMWVs by the thousands to their area so that they can have them through force.

Our decisions concerning ISIS suck.

Especially the decision to create, fund, train and arm them.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Ya I still don't see how that much hardware happened to get lost or taken with little to no damage.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: InverseLookingGlass

Yup.

I love the work that Judicial Watch does.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   
They're going on a fighting vacation hey precedence has been set .

And in case you didn't know US troops have been training Philippine forces for quite a while against their insurgency .
edit on 9-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It is no surprise to me as the Philippines has a history of Islamic terrorist camps there. I have been there in the early 90's when I was part of a mission to collect intelligence and destroy a significant Islamic insurgent installation. It never ends.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Yeah.....it stinks to high heaven. Just like those Eagle Squadron guys who went to England to fly with the RAF in 1939-1940............

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 04:47 AM
link   

I think you mean President Assad's forces

new topics

top topics

join