It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I H A T E summer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   
They say that the sun is the source of life.

I say it is water.

How many suns are in the milky way galaxy? A few trillions or so?

How many planets with life have we found? What's so special about where we live?

Yeah... water is life. Bring on the glaciers and the howling frosty wind. Cold isn't always the best, but I rather have it cool than feeling my brain like on a frying pan.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I like summer, long warm days full of sunshine, no need for bulky coats and boots and socks, beautiful sunsets, longer days, flowers, trees, the beach, parties, bbq's, holidays, lots of nice things.

I am not so keen on too hot or high humidity though. Warm with a coolish breeze is my favourite sort of weather.

edit on 9-6-2015 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I prefer late spring and fall. Winter is okay except for all the damn snow. Summer sucks. Too hot. Too humid. Too many chilluns.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigent

Fear not! For a day will come when only the fat walk the earth, and you will judge not based on mass, but on integrity.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I love summer. Though we have the shade trees, and always need to choose the shade for most of the time, but grew up on an orchard. Then we had no air conditioning or fans. But I love the summer days. Love not having to set my alarm at 5 30 to get kids to school. Love the energy, the birds singing nonstop day and night, staying out under the stars at night. If it were up to me, it would go from May to Mid late September, over and over, that would be wonderful. Of course prefer the semi desert and lots of lakes to coastal heat. I love spending time outside.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   
It's one of those things that depends on where you're from. I've lived on the gulf coast my entire life and am used to 90+ degree days possible 6 months out of the year, and quite honestly am relieved the few "winter" months we get. So, I would have to agree with you for the most part. My goal is to live in the mountains one day. I'll let you know after 10 or 20 years of that how I feel about winter

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Live in the Canadian prairies for a few years, you'll grow to hate winter too.

The 3 months of "summer" that we get here is a well-deserved reprieve from the -35 celsius temps we get for the other 9 months.

Now if you don't mind, I'm going to grab an ice cold bubbly out of the fridge and go sit on my back deck to try to absorb some vitamin D before I have to scamper back into my winter cave shelter with the thermal undies and triple-layer insulated arctic-rated winter coat.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:28 PM
link   

You should come to the UK aka Goldilocksland ("Not too hot, not too cold, but just right").

Average maximum temperature for July 20.9°C
Average minimum temperature for February 1.1°C

Source: Met Office (1981–2010 averages)
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I only hate the humidity part.... dry heat is the best, especially with some cool breeze.
edit on 6/9/2015 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I am with you op! I HATE it!! but yeah- I'm in Texas too. I was born here you'd think I could cope better but I really belong up North somewhere. One day (a few winters ago) it was 19 degrees here and a wicked wind was blowing and I was perfectly comfy in my t-shirt and jeans.(lol) But yeah..with the high humidity and super heat we have here it's frikkin' miserable. There's no way you can describe it to someone who hasn't lived it. I have a friend in Iraq and he says he can cope better there-ha! Also have friends who moved to Missouri and came down for a visit when it was only in the mid nineties and they were nearly fainting- said they had forgotten how bad it feels.
my poor garden went from monsoon rains for weeks straight to hot temps, it's really struggling. I'm going to cover it tomorrow so it will be shaded for the worst part of the day. Fingers crossed
Last year we went to the lake to 'cool down' and the freakin lake water was so warm (by the beach) it felt like I was taking a hot bath-ugh!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I only like part of summer, but once it gets too hot and humid...Hate it! Love Spring and Fall, part of Winter until the months drag on and on and I tire of the grey skies and too much snow and everything is dreary and lifeless.

Today was awesome, warm but not too warm and a beautiful breeze.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I love summer...I so hate wearing shoes and pants and even long sleeve shirts and even coats..I am always wearing shorts even in the winter time but not out side..I just hate my body being closed off I guess...So its summer for me...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Progressive ..

edit on 9-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Shuye

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurker1

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 12:58 AM
link   

i too hate the summer. give me fall and winter and i'm happy.

i'm only happy when it rains. :-)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 01:26 AM
link   
a reply to: subfab

i'm only happy when it rains. :-)

same

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Judging by the responses here a lot of members most likely would not like Australia to much . But we have a secret .

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: hutch622

What ? Skinny dippin in ocean with ur mistress?

These guys don't know Aussie traditions.. ditch the kitchen.. bbq and beer time..
edit on 10-6-2015 by Layaly because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join