It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I H A T E summer

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

Exactly! Buying in BULK....
I don't buy in THAT kind of bulk!
LOL

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

I hate it too, for every reason pretty much that you hate it. I also hate it because little Mike browns like to come out in the summer time.

ID

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I think it's the snacking that adds up. Mid morning fruit, afternoon cookies and juice, chips during the movie. In school they just don't eat all day. But they do need more fuel for summertime activities.
You have me visualizing those giant cans of cut green beans lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

You have no water? What's that big blue mass between you and Japan? You can always take a dip.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

As a woman I can only add ... men in tight baseball uniforms that accentuate those buns. Ladies AM I right?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

I have blackberries but the birds get the biggest share of those. Do raspberry bushes have thorns?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Red tide...overgrowth of algae bloom.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Our raspberry and BlackBerry bushes have grown together. Ours have no thorns but the raspberry does. Our dogs and cat keep the birds away. The berries are delicious!
edit on 1433862608Tuesday30Tue, 09 Jun 2015 10:10:08 -0500amTuesday10101030 by Ultralight because: brain fart

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   

There's a place in Antarctica for you. You can have winter all the time. I happen to like summer. Freezing my ass off sucks.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Skid Mark because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Is it true? I heard a Englishman can get a sunburn walking to the mailbox on a sunny day ?

Anyway here is some music for the OP ........

edit on 9-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I like it if I have a breeze or fan on me 24/7, but if not I just cannot stomach it, literally sucks the energy out of me to where I feel exhausted just making a sandwich. I am built for the cold, cold doesn't bother me even half as much.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Ultralight

Yum. I used to live next to a big meadow with a stream running through it and it was crazy with blackberries. I'd pick them wearing long sleeves and my gardening gloves because the bushes bite lol.
edit on 692015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

From what I've experienced picking wild berries, poison ivy tends to be hand maidens to berry bushes... I've learned from experience...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Living in the Sonoran desert in AZ, I hear ya and agree... I go into 'existence mode' until the temps go back to under 100... sometime in October, usually.

I'm sick of sitting in a gross bio broth as my body vainly tries to keep my CPU (brain) cool ... 3 showers a day just to stay ahead of the stink... the laundry, electric bills, sweltering, humid days... West Nile carrying 'skeeters'... roaches the size of thumbs... and I don't even have AC.. .I have fans and 'evaporative cooling' which is a fan with wet pads to blow through... useless when the humidity is over 20%.

So yeah... summer sucks... where's our ice age, dangit? But it's just going to get hotter... wonder if it felt like this on Venus before their long summer?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   

I'm 100% with you on this!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

I hate summer also.

I prefer the sturm und Drang of fall, personally.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Summer is hell.

Loved it as a kid. Nothing about it to love any more. The fall and early winter is where it's at.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:04 PM
link   
I wouldn't say hate, every season has their good and bad points, but yeah, summer is probably my least favorite season. I prefere the cool crispness of autumn and gentle warmth of mid-spring.

Bugs are the number one reason for my dislike, they're everywhere in the summer (I live in Minnesota and the mosquito is our state bird). It makes it hard to enjoy sitting outside when mosquitoes and horse-flys are buzzing around your head constantly.

BUT, there are also a lot of things to enjoy about summer also, as shown in earlier posts (although for some reason the sound of frogs and bugs chirping at night makes me feel sad and lonely, so I can't agree with that one).

I know a lot of my misgivings about summer stem from long boring hot days with nothing to do as a child. Or from being dragged along on family outings I didn't want to go on (yeah I was a wierd kid, bored but not wanting to do anything).
But as I got older and gained more freedom and a broader perspective, I realized how many things I really did enjoy about summer. I guess it matters at what you decide to pay attention to.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I L O V E summer. My first thought would be move out of Texas to ....I don't know....Alaska? Good luck!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Not ours! neener-needed.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join