It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I H A T E summer

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
I hate it I hate it I hate it I hate it

I wish I could hibernate until late October

I hate mosquitos

I hate 100 degree days

I hate the humidity

I hate everywhere I go being full of kids because school is out

I hate waiting until almost 10 pm for the sun to go completely down

I hate having to run the A/C 24/7

Who else hates summer?

and who else loves winter and fall and those cool crisp afternoons wearing long sleeve shirts?

And yeah I'm in Texas so we pretty much get the brunt of it along with the rest of the South
edit on 9-6-2015 by muse7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Sorry pal, you're on your own there.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I hate being poor and not having AC in the summer

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:01 AM
link   

I love summer.
Swimming in the cool Atlantic. Picnics in the park. Barbeques with friends. Watching the kids chase fireflies. Baseball. Evening walks. Not having to get kids ready for school. (Where's my history book, I can't find my shoes, Paul took the last banana)
Winter, cold gloomy, the stress of all those holidays that empty your savings account. Boots and heavy coats. The animals have it right. Hibernate all winter and come out when it gets warm again.
Give me the sun the surf the radio playing vacation and volleyball getting away from me.
edit on 692015 by AutumnWitch657 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent
I hate being poor and not having AC in the summer

Get a wet washcloth and a box fan. Open windows at the top. Keep the shades down during the day. A/C is new to mankind relatively but summer is not. I live in the south without air conditioning in my house. ($$$$$ to run in a 100 year old house with not insulation in the walls $350 per month)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I too hate summer.
I much prefer for it to be cold out because it is easier to warm up than to cool down in my opinion.
But I live in the UK so our summer is like your winter I bet lol.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Can't even open the window in my room without having hairy spiders and mosquitos coming in. Sweaty people in public transport is hell on earth.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

At least the weather is consistent in Texas. Here, it is pretty much unpredictable. It's either too hot or too cold, too windy or not enough breeze.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Did I mention fresh picked tomatoes still warm from the sun . Basil pesto and the freshest peppers possible?
What about carnivals and amusement parks. Roller coasters after dark, fireworks. Hotdogs. The icecream mans truck playing that music bit that you can hear for blocks before he gets to your street.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   

I invite you to move to the Northwest...Seattle the city I live in...you will be much more comfortable.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boeing777

We are the masters of moaning about the weather.
Mind you our weather system gives us some of the best land in the world.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Move up to northern Alaska then, you won't have to worry to much more about summer.

Me I'll continue to love summer for the both of us. Being outside. Playing music at campfires. The warm air. Not having to wear as much clothing. All things I love about the season. Being at the beach and looking at the hotties in bikinis. LOVE IT!
edit on 9-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Yes that is the best thing about summer without a doubt...ladies wear less

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:19 AM
link   

With the obesity epidemic among us, that will be the worst nightmare of future summers

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:20 AM
link   

My summer is only three months, and the rest is freezing cold, total darkness..

But yeah, too much heat is too much heat. even here.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I can't stand cold. I live in an area where it's usually very humid during the summer, and 100 degree days aren't uncommon. I work in a body shop, with no A/C all summer. You get used to it. Of course I hate mosquitoes, and I can tell you all about them (I live in a swampy, marshy coastal area). We had a biblical plague a few years back after a flood. Deep woods Off was impossible to find because it was always sold out in every store that year. Think of what clouds of mosquitoes would look like. .. Yeah. And don't get me started on the clip-wings (deer flies) and the much, much worse yellow flies.

But I'd still take all that over cold winters any day. It rains all winter here, my yard and driveway become mush and I regularly get stuck. It can actually dry out in the summer. Plus I literally turn purple with orange spots in anything below 60F. Seriously, I'm not joking. It actually happens. My feet defy science and get colder than ambient temp (somehow) and refuse to warm up, yet they still sweat even though they're cold. It's miserable. Plus I have to run the heat 24/7. I'm not happy unless it's 80F in my house.
I haven't even used my AC yet this year, I've just been using fans and opening windows. It's nice. Plus I have lots to do, and the extra daylight really helps.

edit on 9-6-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   

I agree and it is time to do something about it.

Let's start by banning summer paraphernalia and other trappings of "summer culture". A new SEA (summer enforcement agency) should be created posthaste!

If we can get enough signatures on the petition, we can stop this dead in its tracks like every other thing that we have successfully achieved through legislation and violent state coercion.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigent

With the obesity epidemic among us, that will be the worst nightmare of future summers

For most people... Maybe.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Move up to northern Alaska then, you won't have to worry to much more about summer.

Me I'll continue to love summer for the both of us. Being outside. Playing music at campfires. The warm air. Not having to wear as much clothing. All things I love about the season. Being at the beach and looking at the hotties in bikinis. LOVE IT!

We don't get warm air here...and it's not even July/August yet.

Too bad the closest beach to me is 240 miles away,

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Go find a pool then. In any case, it could be worse. When I was in Iraq, we'd see 115 - 120 degree days and a dirty beach view for miles (just no ocean to end the view).

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join