It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game funny vids.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Been playing a lot of GT5 online and have found a few funny people via You Tube.

Lui Calibre.

This guys is not a little kid like he sounds he is 24.

The gaming Lemon.

And to think they earn a very good living from making these vids...
Heck who knows I may start some

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:51 AM
link   
It's not as easy as it seems. You have to somehow manage to get Google to monetize your account (I tried it, but gave up after months of waiting for the account to be reviewed and verified by Google), and then you have to somehow please a lot of people for a major fan base to actually earn anything worthwhile. Example: I spent most of my Saturday afternoon just editing videos I recorded to what I thought was a good length and had some funny moments, shared them in my usual manner that worked well for another game, and lost three subscribers within a day of uploading with practically NO feedback whatsoever.

It's frustrating putting the time and effort into that for nothing, when I could have had much more fun playing games that afternoon and not worrying about trying to entertain other people.

So, to those channels that have actually made it... Good for them. I gladly wait through ads on my favorite channels because that supports their content, however I also envy them at the same time...

edit on 9-6-2015 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Aldakoopa

I was going to do a whole series of videos doing my cat singing but after one video and one comment "no one cares" I ran off crying lol.

Here it is anyhow and find my cat vids

plus.google.com...
edit on 9-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Seeing you have attempted it can you tell me what programs you used to record and also edit?.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   
You have to get many hours of views before you can start getting money from your YouTube channel. This can take forever if you do not have a lot of subscribers, and of course how popular your channel is.

It takes a LOT of work to make a popular YouTube channel. You have to find something that people like to see, be creative in what you make. Make your channel's homepage look appealing by having a good trailer video for your page. Custom thumbs for each videos help.

However the big thing is having the subscribers to your channel, and being dedicated in making and uploading videos.

If you're going to do Let's Play type videos, you need recording software for the game. Some people use Fraps, but it records using AVI format, and produces HUGE video file sizes, and it also costs money. I personally use OBS, which is free and can record in MP4 format which makes the video sizes much smaller.
If you want people to see you while you play, you'll need a camera to record you while you play.

Then you'll need video editing software to put it together. There are a lot of free ones out there, but they may not have all the bells and whistles that you might want to put together your videos. I personally use PowerDirector which I had to pay for. I think it was around 50 USD.

Once you start making your videos, you need to get them uploaded and start advertizing your channel and asking people to subscribe to it. Be warned though: if you do not put out videos often enough, or you just make a video of you playing, but you're not saying much, or being entertaining about it, most people will be bored with your channel and either drop as a subscriber, or you simply will not attract more subscribers.

You could work hard for over a year on it and not see one red cent. It's certainly not a quick way to try and earn money, and it certainly can be a lot of hard work.

Personally I make my videos just for the fun of it. I don't have the time to make it all that I do, and if you want to get enough subscribers to your channel to start making money from it, you will certainly have to put in a LOT of time and effort into it.

I've got all of 99 subscribers. People like Markiplier and Pewdiepie have subscribers in the millions. But it took them years to get there.

Here's my trailer video that people see on my channel if they are new and not subscribers:

Oh! And remember, if you want to post videos here on ATS from your channel, make sure you get permission first from the owners.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Cheers dude for the info and you now have 100

Oh and you getting scared and jumping lol.
edit on 9-6-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

I use the Raptr Gaming Evolved app (optional download with AMD drivers) and it has built in recording features. It records them to mp4 in whatever framerate and resolution you set, and doesn't seem to hit my performance much. I have a 30TB NAS server I'm trying to justify having on all the time so I'm not worried about file size. To edit I just use Windows Movie Maker ( or just "Movie Maker" now apparently). It's not too good honestly, but it works (most of the time) and it's free.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Oh! And remember, if you want to post videos here on ATS from your channel, make sure you get permission first from the owners.

Oops... I posted a thread the other day with my videos. I didn't know this.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Heh, yah, those aren't fake jump scares either nor am I putting on a show, hehehe.

I've got other vids of games that are not scary, but the most popular ones seem to be when I'm playing scary games, especially if they have a lot of jump scares. Seems people really like to see someone else just about pee their pants.

Get enough videos done and you can make "highlight" videos showing some of your best moments. Something like this:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I was going to do a whole series of videos doing my cat singing but after one video and one comment "no one cares" I ran off crying

The internet is a cruel, unforgiving place.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
1 of my favorite ways
to piss away time @ work

Watching GTA 5
Troll videos

"I'm down for whatever ya know"

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Oops... I posted a thread the other day with my videos. I didn't know this.

Just use the complaint button and ask for permission, then wait for someone to get back to you. We do look at all requests and send them up to the owners.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aldakoopa

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I was going to do a whole series of videos doing my cat singing but after one video and one comment "no one cares" I ran off crying

The internet is a cruel, unforgiving place.

This.

Be prepared for negative comments. Pay attention to the ones that offer constructive comments. Ignore the juvies that just insult (or remove their comments). But you need thick skin for this too.

top topics

join