It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird calls from... Guatamala? and a mysterious text message. Help with translation please!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
2 days ago I started receiving calls from strange phone numbers with international calling codes.

I never answered any of them.

Today this text message came in:

"hola kiero me kontestes necesito saber si ustd es joaquin o k me responda x ke ya la esty llamando sabe k tu familia te necesita y no nos puedes hacer esto xfavor comunicate. "

Any help?

Phone numbers are : 011 502 4022 9323

+51962928

416 364 1111

502 481 86439

Is this a new Nigerian Prince scam or what?
edit on 9-6-2015 by abe froman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

"hola kiero kontestes I need to know if Joaquin USTD is ok answer me x ke and k esty calling your family knows you need and we can not do this xfavor comunicate ."

I get the feeling this is meant to be a threatening message or a scam ??
edit on 9-6-2015 by Gestas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Heres a rough translation

Hola kiero me kontestes I need to know if ustd joaquin or k answer me x ke as the esty calling knows your family needs you and we can't do this xfavor contact us
Apparently they are looking for joaquin and they got the wrong number.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Doesn't really help much.

I have limited Spanish but I know textspeak is spelled differently in the US than the written language and I imagine it's the same elsewhere.

I Know "K" probably means "QUE" or "what".

"USTD" is probably "usted".

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Gestas

That's what worries me.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Just send them this text

"Por favor dejen de llamarme, tienes el número de teléfono incorrecto"

It is "Please stop calling me, you have the wrong telephone number"
And i am sure the calls will stop.
edit on 6/9/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:27 AM
link   

sent.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:51 AM
link   

worst thing you can do - they now know there is a real person at the end of the line

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:58 AM
link   

"hola kiero kontestes I need to know if Joaquin USTD is ok answer me x ke and k esty calling your family knows you need and we can not do this xfavor comunicate ."

Am I the only one to notice the part in bold? To me that looks like a code for Ecstasy .

Edit;

I could've sworn the DEA just passed by on its way to Anderson ? Either that or it was the cartel ? Lol
edit on 9-6-2015 by Greathouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:59 AM
link   

"hola kiero me kontestes necesito saber si ustd es joaquin o k me responda x ke ya la esty llamando sabe k tu familia te necesita y no nos puedes hacer esto xfavor comunicate. "

I really dislike it when people write without punctuation!! lol
The translation (Spanish is one of my mother tongues):

Hi, I want you to reply to me, I need to know if you are Joaquin, ok, reply because I have been calling you, you know your family needs you and you can't do this to us, please get in touch with us.

This sounds like a lady whose husband left for greener lands and has now disappeared.... hope they find him soon.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Greathouse

Am I the only one to notice the part in bold? To me that looks like a code for Ecstasy .

Edit;

I could've sworn the DEA just passed by on its way to Anderson ? Either that or it was the cartel ? Lol

Nowadays in Latin America people use the 'k' insted of 'qu' as it's quicker... it's just text writing.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Thanks, I was just thinking out loud.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape

worst thing you can do - they now know there is a real person at the end of the line
I guess you where wrong, read the above post with the proper translation.

edit on 6/9/15 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I assume you're in the U.S.

It's an immigration scam. They call and claim they have somebody from your family who's trying to get to the U.S. but they need money and these people are trying to get it for them. Very common where I live.

Answering was probably the worst thing you could've done because a) now they know there's a person and b) think you speak at least a little Spanish.

Ignore it and they'll stop eventually. At least for a while.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I smell scam don't reply or call them back. Two years ago I was almost scammed not exactly like this
but in the area of this sort. After almost being completely taken my instincts kicked in and avoided the whole situation
but not after my feeling were played with.
I started googling scams and found out my situation was one of the top scams coming out of Cameroon Africa
do a search maybe you will come up with something if you haven't already done so.
Good luck!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:19 AM
link   
SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!
They call and claim they are a relative/friend and are in trouble and need money fast,
normally they have some info on you from somewhere.
What you do to be on the safe side is ask them the names of their parents, siblings, children etc.
they hang up and go away.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Sometimes the best response...is no response.

Ignore them and move on.

edit on 2015-06-09T09:27:27-05:00amTuesdayam0920156America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I've gotten crank calls wanting money from the Dominican Republic.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Block that number asap!

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Agartha

Just got this message:

" km sabe si es numero incorrecto yo solo kiero saber si ustd es la persona kn kien kiero hablar por eso estoy marcando ese numero pero no se cual es el motivo k no kiere contestar no le cuesta nada para kontestar la llama. no seas cobarde..."

top topics

<<   2 >>

join