It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Thoughts On Alien Visitations

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I really do believe there is other "life" out there somewhere. I begin to unravel, however, when I begin taking into account what must be available for alien travel. Let's first assume that our nearest visitors, from Andromeda, have developed faster than light travel. Even at warp 10 speed it would take them roughly 200,000 years to get hear. Second, if you are traveling at faster than light speed, then your onboard computer equipment is gonna have to work a little faster. I'm just assuming that our alien buds would like to see that stray asteroid before they smash into it. To make a long story short, faster than light travel itself would seem the least efficient, and slowest means of interstellar travel. It might be handy for short trips about ones own galaxy, but, there would have to be a better way of navigating the intergallactic voids. I've heard everything from time travel to worm holes. I'd like to get some collaboration on this subject.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:07 PM
link   
a reply to: zrstatesman

This is the introduction thread. Welcome to above top secret. I'v actually seen aliens before and real aliens. The ones lurking on Earth are nothing like what you imagine. They are not flesh and blood. They exist in the exact same universe we do. They came from a planet. But they exist as Energy beings. Well traveling around in saucers that open up blackholes/worm holes.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You cant start a thread until you make 20 posts 1st: part of the Ts and Cs you agreed to when joining us. This is a place to tell us a little bit about yourself and interests...after 20 posts, youre good to start this type thread in the appropriate forum (Intro Only is not it).

Please read the rules (Ts and Cs) and Freshman Forum for how-tos on doing everything-photos, avatars, what you can and cant do here.

Welcome to ATS.
Mysterioustranger

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Throw a healthy dose of quantum physics into this concept of "space travel" and you would be surprised how poor is your strawman argument of velocity limits AND starting with Andromeda way out there. That's like saying, "Well, a man can walk continuously at a four-mile-an-hour rate. Therefore, to travel from London to Tokyo would take...."

My contention is that the massless drives units, as evident in about every genuine UFO ever seen, is "break-away" technology that the average person cannot begin to comprehend. But nobody officially wants to talk about the power devices of UFOs because we have been working since the early 1960s on recreating such devices. And to even mention such power units by government or the aerospace industry would give reason to suspect that we have made progress and some quarters of government have validated the existence and propulsion systems of UFOs. Besides, that, there is plenty of evidence that the mysterious black triangles witnessed in the last three decades are our equipment and obviously have copied the ET designs to some great degree.

High speed deep space travel would not be so "iffy" as you imagine. Asteroids, for example, are inclined to hang around their own star systems where they were born. We can grant the ETs some manner of "radar" sensors to show the clear pathway. And, as I've suggested, a massless field projected around a ship, especially projected deeply ahead and to the sides of a fast ship would provide protection if a body or particle entered that zone as all mass/inertia would be instantly lost.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Welcome Z!
Glad you've joined and look forward to your thread contributions.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   
It's easy to make twenty posts so that you can start a thread besides this one. Hello and welcome!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:57 PM
link   

edit on 1433822479Monday30Mon, 08 Jun 2015 23:01:19 -0500pmMonday01111130 by Ultralight because: post was self-removed

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Good welcome.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:08 AM
link   
You need twenty posts to start a thread. This forum called introductions is for ... well introducing yourself. Unfortunatly this intro will be 404d .
Take some time. Post a few more times and then start your thread again in the appropriate forum.
Welcome.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Welcome to the party, Richter!

After reading your post, I've concluded that you've come to the right place. However, beware the nonbelievers! I jape.

Your argument seems fairly plausible. I do, however, agree with Aliensun regarding your lack of quantum physics knowledge to support your argument, but not so much with the idea of every UFO being a manmade knock-off... Have to leave room for the imagination and unknown. My one query with your theory (hey, that rhymed!) is this... What about the idea of other lifeforms already being here? Broadening that tangent, I have to prod you with the idea that although, to quote Stephen King, we are the "meanest m*f*ers in the jungle", perhaps there are lifeforms out there that are infinitely smarter than us. I encourage you to Google or Youtube "A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought" by Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson. It expands on the idea of other beings coexisting with us in the universe, and basically argues that perhaps we do really have the IQ of potatoes. That would explain why we cannot comprehend alien travel.

I look forward to your future posts.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: zrstatesman
I really do believe there is other "life" out there somewhere. I begin to unravel, however, when I begin taking into account what must be available for alien travel. Let's first assume that our nearest visitors, from Andromeda, have developed faster than light travel. Even at warp 10 speed it would take them roughly 200,000 years to get hear. Second, if you are traveling at faster than light speed, then your onboard computer equipment is gonna have to work a little faster. I'm just assuming that our alien buds would like to see that stray asteroid before they smash into it. To make a long story short, faster than light travel itself would seem the least efficient, and slowest means of interstellar travel. It might be handy for short trips about ones own galaxy, but, there would have to be a better way of navigating the intergallactic voids. I've heard everything from time travel to worm holes. I'd like to get some collaboration on this subject.

How long have humans had advanced tech? From the advent of computers? 70 years? And you're trying to square what we know with civilizations that have been around for thousands or millions of years?

The analogy is homo sapiens distant ancestor pondering other continents and how to get there and coming to the conclusion it was impossible. Or compare it to pretty much anyone alive over the last 2000 years thinking getting to the moon was impossible.

Comment in NY Times one week before first successful flight of the Kitty Hawk:

"...We hope that Professor Langley will not put his substantial greatness as a scientist in further peril by continuing to waste his time and the money involved, in further airship experiments. Life is short, and he is capable of services to humanity incomparably greater than can be expected to result from trying to fly....For students and investigators of the Langley type there are more useful employments."

Source: New York Times, December 10,1903, editorial page.

Link

new topics

top topics

join