It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Typing now at a smoking 20 WPM

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 10:33 AM
link   
I recently purchased Mavis Beacons typing instructer software, and have increased my typing speed from 9 word per miniute to a smoking 20 words per minute in a week.

Just wondering what the typing speed of ATS posters is.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
LOL. I don't know what my speed is, but another 5 words per minute will get you into the police force, so I heard.

Typingmaster is better, its a great program.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I can type pretty fast, 65 wpm hauling ass with some errors, 45-50 normally.

I had to take typing class in school it was soooo boring, I already knew how to type fast from playing online video games, hehe started typing faster because sometimes you'd get attacked while you were typing a msg and that could really put you at a disadvantage.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I'm probably the only one here that looks at the keyboard and types with both index fingers. Hey, I even use my thumb for the space bar.

At least it avoids mistakes usually.

I had a typing class in 10th grade and learned just enough to get by and didnt remember anything. I do remember the home keys though.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   
LMAO, Your not alone PA.I'm a 2 fingered typer myself.I never look at the screen until I'm done typing.If I was watching the screen when I typed it would look something like this....
pisjdv[0sdjv[djwvadjiv

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
hehe, I don't even look at the keyboard, Shame on you!

I am so cool because I type with out looking at the keyboard, all the hot honeys love me for that!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Well,go easy on me,the last time I took a typing class was 20 years ago.Somethings you do forget with age.

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I took a typing class in high school and typed on average like 65 wpm...but now I prolly type at like 40-45....with the program we used there was a "top ten" list for the class and my high from it was over 100 for a few sentences given to me randomly. Would you type faster if you looked at the keys while typing Lys, or would it slow you down?

posted on Jun, 6 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I know some legel secetaries that type at 120+ word's per minute. Now that is hauling a.ss. Some people can type at 200 words per minute, now that would be worth seeing.

Who is the fasted typer here at ats?

Freemason must be pretty quick most of his posts are rapid fire when you compare the times that they are posted.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Me.... I am the fastest...when I take the notion too...lol

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I can do like 50-60 wpm. But keep at it practice makes perfect.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:00 AM
link   
78 wpm with 0.02 errors.
My typing tutor use to type 147 at 0.01 errors
she was a machine to watch.

posted on Jun, 7 2003 @ 04:24 AM
link   
on average I can now do 80 to 90 words a minute, typing now!

blackwidow

new topics

top topics

join