It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as 12 are receiving drugs to prepare them for sex change!

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Just keeping score, in this thread....

I've had people insinuate that my parents didn't love me.
I've had people tell me that they were crazy.
I've had people tell me that I am crazy.
I've had people question my upbringing.
I've had people question my father's manhood.
I've had people insinuate that my parents should have gone to jail.
I've had people discount how I felt or tell me I couldn't possibly have felt how I did.
I've had people trivialize suicidal depression.
I've had people tell me that my family didn't love me.
I've had people attempt to defeminize me.
I've had people attempt to dehumanize me.
I've had people tell me I couldn't possibly been cognizant of my gender at age 13.
I've had people insinuate that my parents were druggies.
I've had people insinuate that my parents were pedofiles.

Wow.. just wow.

Before anyone judges me on my reactions please know that emotionally I've held a lot inside while reading this stuff so as to make my responses polite, focused and without vitriol or name calling because that kind of stuff does no one any good.
edit on 12-6-2015 by JadeStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: JadeStar

As a counter. I think you are 100% awesome human being who deserves respect for her opinion and desires.

That goes for TrappedPrincess as well.
edit on 12-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

As a counter. I think you are 100% awesome human being who deserves respect for her opinion and desires.

Thank you! :hearts:

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Feck em.
We all know why they really don't like anyone different and just think in 20/30 years many of them will be gone.
I think the new mod thread talks against people like those calling you and your kin.
They will get the message soon enough that it isn't the place to spout BS like they do and they should go to like minded sites to wallow in.

(post by OpenMindedRealist removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Naturally, too much hate and bile gets thrown around this site, either directly or indirectly. Just letting you know that not all people wallow in or celebrate intolerance.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Is proselytism your favorite word or something? You have repeatedly said that and to tell you the truth the way you get up on that soapbox with your self proclaimed piety makes me sick. Your also fond of the bold feature which does help read amongst the wall of text.

I like how you try to be all eloquent like with your insults and hate. Pretend I'm a mirror and whatever kind of thought/feelings you direct toward me reflect and that's how I feel about you. In the real world I would be WAY more crude and abrasive in telling you off. Seeing how that is frowned upon here I do my best to keep it classy. That said I really don't like you and I wish you'd go away and that's a fact.

Antiquated tradition is the hinderance of progress.

a reply to: The angel of light

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: TrappedPrincess

Gonna steal that last bit....so true!!.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

Feck em.
We all know why they really don't like anyone different and just think in 20/30 years many of them will be gone.
I think the new mod thread talks against people like those calling you and your kin.
They will get the message soon enough that it isn't the place to spout BS like they do and they should go to like minded sites to wallow in.

Now that we're ranting, I can speak more feely.

Your post here embodies the boundless hypocrisy, hatred, and delusion I see in almost everyone who holds a Progressive worldview. You sit there screaming about persecution and hate, supposedly espousing open-mindedness and tolerance, then turn around and condemn everyone who does not agree with you. No real attempt is made to convince or persuade anyone to your side. Unsupportive people are the object of your hate, which is ten times more vicious than anything in this thread that has been directed at transgendered people.

I do not casually shower others with support and I ask uncomfortable, but pointed, questions. Because of this, you will hate me too. If you don't already. Lucky for me, I don't care nearly as much as I suspect you do.

To clarify, boymonkey, you are not the sole recipient of my criticisms here. All you Progs can share.
edit on 12-6-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
If this thread belongs in the rant forum, it's only because some people can't discuss the topic without being emotional.

And, of course, because leftist mods are the most overbearing.

Was not the first post in this thread an emotional rant?

Refreshing your memory... It started out:

originally posted by: queenofswords
Has the whole world gone mad? What is going on? This is not a rhetorical question....really, what is this all about?! Why are they pushing this?

And continued with...

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: Gully
Sanctioned child abuse at that!!

But that's not an emotional reaction?

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

I can see how you might think that, if you only looked at the punctuation marks.

Probably 50% of OPs in social and political threads have an exasperated tone. Are we expected always to discuss these matters calmly? Or does that only apply to threads which criticze Progressive ideology?

The parts you quoted from the OP are simply opinions. Opinions with exclamation points and question marks at the end. We are here to discuss ideas and exchange opinions.
edit on 12-6-2015 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   

QUOTED POST REMOVED FOR T&C INFRACTION.

Again the left-right dichotomy being brought into a subject which has nothing to do with left/right politics. Or shouldn't.

Would it help you to know my father was and still is a registered Republican (fiscal conservative, social libertarian)? Or that my mom is a devout presbyterian Christian?
edit on 12-6-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

You should tell some others who have just been frankly horrid to a fellow human being.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   

I can see how you might think that, if you only looked at the punctuation marks.

Probably 50% of OPs in social and political threads have an exasperated tone. Are we expected always to discuss these matters calmly?

I'd guess that if one wants to avoid being seen as ranting then discussing issues calmly (as I have tried to do) would help. Alarmist language and demagoguery wouldn't seem to help avoid the rant tag.

Or does that only apply to threads which criticze Progressive ideology?

There is no ideology here. You are trying to shoehorn the reality of trans kids into progressive ideology when it is apolitical.

It's almost like you think I had these anarcho-hippy, anything goes type parents when in reality it was quite the opposite. Lol!!!

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   

I couldn't care less. Your background has nothing to do with your beliefs.

Thing is, left/right Progressive/conservative conflict is at the heart of almost every issue worthy of debate in modern America. Most of these issues have to do with proposed social, economic, or political changes which are being promoted by people who tend to lean left. Many of these changes are opposed be people who tend to lean right. When alternative changes are suggested by people on the right, people on the left reciprocate the opposition. Around and around it goes.

I don't see it as my team vs your team. It's right vs wrong, and that line happens to lay almost parallel to the left/right divide. Almost.

(post by OpenMindedRealist removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I couldn't care less. Your background has nothing to do with your beliefs.

Thing is, left/right Progressive/conservative conflict is at the heart of almost every issue worthy of debate in modern America.

It shouldn't be and traditionally it wasn't. This sadly is a product of fairly recent media manipulation which has infected our body politic and you've bought into the "right" side. But thats a subject for another forum.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: JadeStar
Before anyone judges me on my reactions please know that emotionally I've held a lot inside while reading this stuff so as to make my responses polite, focused and without vitriol or name calling because that kind of stuff does no one any good.

You've done a great job containing yourself. These TG threads have been a bit of a test for me. It's like practice for facing in-person bigotry, stupidity, ignorance, and hate.

Either that or I'm a closet masochist and this is a guilty pleasure. People have no idea how harmful so many of the posts on these threads are. I know there are lurker members reading this thread through tears.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

originally posted by: JadeStar

You've done a great job containing yourself. These TG threads have been a bit of a test for me. It's like practice for facing in-person bigotry, stupidity, ignorance, and hate.

Thank you for sharing that. As most of us agree, this is a difficult subject. I am not even sure that if I hadn't been born this way I'd have fully understood the intricacies and the highly personal nature of this issue so I try to keep that in mind when responding. I try to see it through the eyes of someone for whom this is WAY out of their personal experience.

Either that or I'm a closet masochist and this is a guilty pleasure. People have no idea how harmful so many of the posts on these threads are. I know there are lurker members reading this thread through tears.

I'd ask anyone who is reading this thread through tears to please send me a U2U so I can give you a much needed hug.

posted on Jun, 12 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   

QUOTED POST WAS REMOVED FOR A T&C INFRACTION
You belie your namesake, "Open Minded" Realist.

You pigeonhole anyone with a view opposing yours as a "progressive" or a "leftist".

I wonder what would happen if you learned that I disapprove of immigration in the US, am a gun loving native of New Mexico, raised in a farming community with traditional christian values, and I FULLY support what JadeStar and TrappedPrincess are talking about?

Am I just another progressive, or a leftist?

edit on 12-6-2015 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join