It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as 12 are receiving drugs to prepare them for sex change!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Hey I'm a tall athletic girl... lol

My height is my biggest insecurity as far as my physical appearance but It could be worse I'm only 5'10. I also have pretty nice tri's from all those pull ups which will come in handy as the fat distribution takes it's full effect.

a reply to: Annee

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: NavyDoc

Ok, that is a valid point. You can't predict how someone will interact with 100% of the population, hence why the anti-vaxxer debate exists.

No, you can't even begin to talk about safety because it would be unethical to do double blinded placebo controlled trials in healthy kids. The data we do have, from adults and kids with precocious puberty, is that there are indeed potential adverse effects.

The data we have shows that the risks are minimal though.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

This whole 'Transgender' thing is really freeking me out of late. Why they pushing this? Also, it's the same with 'Gayism'.. Why they pushing that? It's as if they want the Human Race to stop Pro-creating!!

I know we need population Control but lets be sensible about it.

We don't want a World full of 'Transexuals' 'transgenders' and 'Gays'.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

This whole 'Transgender' thing is really freeking me out of late. Why they pushing this? Also, it's the same with 'Gayism'.. Why they pushing that? It's as if they want the Human Race to stop Pro-creating!!

I know we need population Control but lets be sensible about it.

WOW I didn't know they had the internet in the dark ages

edit on 9-6-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Do you realistically think that talking about it will make a world "full of transsexuals transgenders and gays"?

So... exactly how much do we have to talk about it before you decide to be gay or transgender? Do you have some limit? Like, are you going to be listening to the radio one day and they mention Caitlyn Jenner, and you'll be all "Oh lordy, I guess I should just go ahead and get that sex change I never wanted!"

Do you think that's how people come to those conclusions about themselves?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

These shock docs need to be called out-kids are the new guinea pigs and any doctor that is caught 'persuading' parents into radical treatments should have the book thrown at them, let the kids mature to the point where they can make there own independent choices.

Oh yeah, I'm sure these Trans kids and their parents are shackled and forced into these treatments.

The point of the hormone blockers is for their physical gender bodies not to mature. A temporary hold off until they are emotionally and mentally mature enough to make further decisions.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Don't be afraid. We will have the same percentage of gays and transgender people as we have had since recorded history. No one is pushing anything except equal rights for all, and maybe a little more education so people won't be so ignorant of the facts. I promise, you aren't going to catch "the gay".

Oh I see your post got three stars. That's really sad.
edit on 9-6-2015 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Please tell me how a small percentage of the overall population being Gay or influenced by (LOL on this one) "gayism" makes the world full of US.

Its also offensive that you think the world would be better without me, you don't know me. I'm awesome and very warm and pleasant to those that are the same. Don't get me wrong though I can be nasty defending myself from nastiness.

I've made others cry with words and some were provoked to anger when they could not handle my truth vs their own.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrappedPrincess
Hey I'm a tall athletic girl... lol

My height is my biggest insecurity as far as my physical appearance but It could be worse I'm only 5'10. I also have pretty nice tri's from all those pull ups which will come in handy as the fat distribution takes it's full effect.

My daughter is 5' 11" ---- she's got you beat. Not Trans

Oh, I think your confidence is your best asset.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:14 PM
link   
they also did this to children

Why Are Doctors Still Performing Genital Surgery on Infants?

www.opensocietyfoundations.org...

I don't know, I just worry this is being done to often, and there are many variables, really worried

I remember watching a documentary about the adults and how the doctors destroyed their lives, Intersex Infant-Surgical Abuse

edit on 013030p://bTuesday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Thanks and hey the Corps taught me that even if you don't always know what your talking about yet are forced to give your opinion, you just get right up there and make it at least sound like you do.

My favorite though was "be polite and courteous to all you meet but also have a plan to kill them."

Yep real confidence booster the Corps was.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
they also did this to children

Why Are Doctors Still Performing Genital Surgery on Infants?

www.opensocietyfoundations.org...

I don't know, I just worry this is being done to often, and there are many variables, really worried

I remember watching a documentary about the adults and how the doctors destroyed their lives, Intersex Infant-Surgical Abuse

Actually, what you bring up is an example of not letting the child have a say. In those cases, the doctor will choose the gender based on how big the penis is and, often, those children grow up knowing something is not right and they end up transitioning. If they didn't commit the child to surgery, it could be decided later. By the child.

What's most unsettling about it is how the doctor decides this. It's as if there are no other traits to being a female other than a lack of penis size. In that context, bigger penis means more male, smaller penis (that can't penetrate very well) must mean it's a girl. So, their defining factor of what makes a good male is the ability to penetrate vaginas. This is the sort of twisted logic that gender equality (and lbgt) advocates have been fighting against for years.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Oh yeah, I'm sure these Trans kids and their parents are shackled and forced into these treatments.

Which is why i said 'persuading'.

Is your kid hyperactive? here's a script for Adderall. Is your Kid depressed? here's a script for Prozac. Is your kid anxious? here's a script for Paroxetiene. Is your kid struggling to find a sexual identity? better take some hormone therapy.

Sure the parents have their own free will, but throwing medication at a problem doesn't help. Want some Thalidomide for that morning sickness?

edit on 9-6-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
"waving arms" Case in point right here. I have felt this way since 4, confirmed at about 12, lived in secrecy and shame until just this last year. Regret the secrecy and shame never told parents let alone being influenced. I wish I had said something so that I could have got the best results from hormone therapy early on. No parental knowledge or consent in my life yet here I am finally at where I've always wanted to be.

You see, you see how that works.

ea reply to: Thecakeisalie

I'd also like to add that this version of events for those in TG community is not limited to me I promise you. Oh and at one point Dr.'s wanted to put me on ritalin, mom said no way. So see free range no prescriptions whatsoever childhood and I feel the same as I always have.

edit on CDTTue, 09 Jun 2015 13:34:34 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago09-05:00Tue, 09 Jun 2015 13:34:34 -050034 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTTue, 09 Jun 2015 13:36:46 -0500pmppAmerica/Chicago09-05:00Tue, 09 Jun 2015 13:36:46 -050036 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cuervo

Do you think that's how people come to those conclusions about themselves?

Well, actually... the more people see/hear it... the more they will think 'oh... Its pretty normal then'

TBH if they stopped promoting it... maybe people would be happy within themselves.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

Which is why i said 'persuading'.

Is your kid hyperactive? here's a script for Adderall. Is your Kid depressed? here's a script for Prozac. Is your kid anxious? here's a script for Paroxetiene. Is your kid sexually confused at a young age? better take some hormone therapy.

Sure the parents have their own free will, but throwing medication at a problem doesn't help. Want some Thalidomide for that morning sickness?

There is a lot of gray area here. When I was a little kid, I was pushed to do boy things. I just assumed it was society because I understood I had a penis and that I didn't feel right about it. The problem is that I thought that all kids felt that way (and it's not like little kids get into deep conversations like that with friends) and I didn't realize that I wasn't "normal" until puberty. Holy crap, I thought I was on a train going to the wrong place and there was no conductor or controls to change the course. I just did everything I could to fit in and try to put it behind me. Again, there was no real way to talk about it to anybody in my conservative town and there wasn't really any information readily available for me to even realize that there are options for me. To top it off, my only knowledge of "transgender" people were from movies, played by cismales with beard shadows and working as hookers. I know I wasn't that so I assumed I wasn't transgender.

Long story short, if I had the knowledge and society that kids have these days, my life would have taken a far different course. I wouldn't have been in agony for decades and wouldn't have drank myself into oblivion just to reset my dysphoria every week in order to avoid offing myself. I also wouldn't have done all the stupid male-affirming risky things I did because I was always afraid somebody would "find out".

I'm on the right path now. A healthy one. A life-saving one. But many who grew up like I did never made it this far. What they are talking about in this thread is creating a society where kids who were like me will have information on-hand to know they are not alone and to really learn why they are the way they are. It's about saving lives.

I didn't mean to ramble all of that out but it's important to know that the danger of ignoring it far outweighs the cries from people who claim it's an overreaction and some sort of "agenda".

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Oh I see your post got three stars. That's really sad.

7 stars actually.

Means I'm right and standing up for what is right.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:40 PM
link   

No it means that your post was based on ignorance, and sadly, that ignorance is not uncommon.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I haven't read all the responses yet, so forgive me if I'm redundant. I just wanted to throw this into the mix while I have the time, because I believe it's pertinent to the discussion.

I just heard about this hormone-blocking treatment a couple weeks ago from a gay family member who works with troubled kids (particularly gay teens). He strongly believes that transgenderism is grossly over-diagnosed, and that SRS is grossly over-promised, and he blames the root of all evil: love of money over love for people. And the worst part is that he says it's only creating more problems for these kids as their root issues are ignored, dismissed and even belittled in pushing transgenderism. In his experience, the vast majority of these kids have serious underlying issues that have nothing to do with gender, especially PTSD, but also other clinical disorders such as schizophrenia and narcissism, impairing their judgment -- obviously. He spoke of how he had begun mentoring these kids because he was so weary of mourning his friends who committed suicide. He knows that he is more fortunate than most gay youths, because his family and friends simply accepted who he was, and loved him the same as always. He wanted to give that love to kids struggling with these issues when they are young, hoping they could also accept who they are, and love themselves, and never feel that pain that makes them want to end it all. His constant message is to be yourself and be fabulous.

But that message has been undermined the last few years by those who he feels are giving these kids the message that their best and only hope is to change their gender
And those are the terms these kids begin to think in and view themselves in, putting all their hopes and trust in that process. Because of their underlying mental/emotional issues, they can be quite vulnerable and fragile, so any perceived criticism can be even more traumatic. He calls it a vicious circle that is designed to maximize profit for the medical providers.

And Heaven help anyone who tells them different!!! He knows people (adults) who have begun the process, decided it wasn't what they really wanted or needed after all, and were vilified and ostracized by the transgender community when they began to de-transition. He says there is a HUGE backlash from the transgender community if they dare speak out, which is often devastating to them. Oftentimes, the transgender community has been their only "family" and support group, having lost their real families/friends when they decided to transition. So the transgender community's betrayal and abuse just adds to their trauma.

Is it any wonder he calls it the "dark side" of the transgender dilemma???

What we wondered though -- and perhaps someone can answer -- is why sex re-assignment is the default position? If a boy/man feels like a girl/woman, but all of his anatomical parts are male, why not simply give him male hormones to help him feel like a man??? (And vice versa) The most obvious cause would be a hormone deficiency, would it not?

And, of course, why do we (society) continue thinking that being male/female means anything more than that you have male/female anatomy? Like my cousin says, why can't we just be ourselves -- whatever and whoever that is -- and be fabulous?

Because... money. More specifically, love of money.

(Sorry this is so long!)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Gay people can and do have kids....
5% of gay folk is not going to make more gay people gay or more transgendered they have not before and will not in the future.
Just because you find the sex stuff icky (oh and the act of sex isn't what defines a gay person or transgendered) shouldn't bother you in thew slightest.
Why care? do they effect you in any way? or is it your religion has taught you to think like you do?.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join