It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children as young as 12 are receiving drugs to prepare them for sex change!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: NavyDoc

There is a link in the article that takes you to an article on Science Codex talking about the same thing.

Medical intervention in transgender adolescents appears to be safe and effective

I'm pretty sure that isn't an activist website.

Like I said, the Netherlands study had a very limited sample size.

Adverse effects have been reported. That does not mean that the therapy needs be banned based on adverse effects--every therapy has the potential of adverse effects, it is just that one should not take the stand that it is completely without risk. If any practitioner tells you that an intervention or therapy is without risk, they are being dishonest.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Well said and thank you for that..a reply to: NavyDoc

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

a reply to: Krazysh0t

Oh and you can tell he can't wait for it.....gonna get a surprise when no Jesus comes down to save him.

ROFL, boymonkey74 that's Lol. Jesus isn't coming back to save, he's coming back with his armies on a white horse, his garments dipped in blood with a sword of fire lol........He's not coming to save me, you or anyone. Your mind must be made up like the virgins with the oil lamps ready or not before the groom comes....When he comes if you haven't decide it's too late. At his coming the angels with spread across the four corners of this world and gather his peoples to him before the start of that war and many that are gathered will be honored in that they too can take part in the great war in a multitude of positions. There is no pre-trib rapture or any rapture that's going to save Christians from going through the tribulations and suffering to come. I included will be going through this with the rest of humanity either saved or unsaved all will go through this. Life and reality and the spiritual is not like the game Monopoly, there is no get out of jail free card, no straight to 200$ mark.. There are no loop holes to make the future that's coming, that's manifesting to be convenient, or easy to deal with. That's why the bible says that when you see destruction, we should rejoice for his coming is nigh.

The Rider on the White Horse
11And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS.

biblehub.com...

32Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me. 33These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

biblehub.com...

And also it doesn't matter what country or peoples are currently going through these issues. We are at a spiritual war of principalities. As above so below, there is nothing new under the sun.......

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth

The research shows that even environmental endocrine disruptors are damaging.

www.nrdc.org...

Investigations of the girls' environmental exposures traced the problem to their mothers' use of DES. The girls also suffered birth defects of the uterus and ovaries, and immune system suppression.

Apparently you have a reading comprehension problem because the quoted text you just quoted me says that the girls suffered birth defects from their mother taking the disruptors while pregnant, which is what I addressed in the post you are responding to. Like I said, you are comparing apples (a pregnant woman) to oranges (a pre-teen) when trying to establish the harm of hormone blockers.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE

originally posted by: Cuervo
a reply to: queenofswords

It's not really worth the risk in my opinion. A transgender person can have a stellar transition (and I mean absolutely flawless) even if they wait until they are 18 (even older sometimes). While it's true that it's easier to correct the hormones (as in undergo hormone therapy) during the onset of puberty, a child can live as the correct gender without treatment and simply wait a few years.

If my child of 12 was transgender, I'd support and make their life as easy as possible and that child would simply be their corrected gender but I'd delay hormonal treatment for a few years unless something made me have a change of heart. It's just too much of a diminishing returns vs risk at that point.

Did you say "corrected"? So when the entire human body is that of a male (for example) and a small portion of that body (the brain) is saying "I want to be female" what exactly is the correction? Usually in treating a human being, you take something small and different from the majority of the person and fix that. Not the other way around.

And regardless...this is a teenager or a child. They know nothing at 12 years old. They don't get tattoos, piercings, they can't drink, vote, etc. Until they are of legal age, any "decision" they make must be gauged by the parents. "I want to be a girl"...OK...how about "I want to smoke pot" or "I want to shoot heroin". Or something less drastic..."I want a tattoo"?

I'm all for adults deciding to make a permanent change to themselves...not my issue nor concern. But (and excuse the language) you won't allow your child to get a tattoo, but cutting off their penis, pumping them full of drugs and getting breast implants is acceptable???? Are you fracking crazy????

What HAS this world come to?

Absolutely every single thing you said in this post points to you not having the slightest understanding of the actual issue. Most of the posts on this thread are this way. It's an easy topic to form an opinion on without any research because the ignorance about it is in our faces while the facts are not.

I'm starting to understand how astronomers feel when discussing Nibiru and every other large rock passing by. There are reasons to believe they won't hit us but they are drowned out by reactionary blogs saying "We're doooooooomed!" and it's easier to read a blog than a science paper.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: theabsolutetruth

Ok, maybe it was the browser. I keep forgetting that many sites don't account for Opera and just program for Firefox, Chrome and IE.

ETA: By the way your study is from 2002; my study is from 2013.
edit on 9-6-2015 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: BlessedLore

In my opinion all that is poppycock and I thank God that people are waking up to all the nonsense in religious texts.
God doesn't need a book nor religion...because religion and religious texts are man made.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Ok, that is a valid point. You can't predict how someone will interact with 100% of the population, hence why the anti-vaxxer debate exists.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Nice fantasy you got going there. Though I think it is a little sick that you are celebrating the destruction of the world. Though whatever makes you happy I guess...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Right...so that is going to happen regardless of Trans-gender equality and advocacy. Totally unrelated, nothing to see here now move along folks. Start getting ready for the real SHIZ-STORM coming as prophesized by BlessedLore.

edit on CDTTue, 09 Jun 2015 11:38:53 -0500amppAmerica/Chicago09-05:00Tue, 09 Jun 2015 11:38:53 -050038 by TrappedPrincess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm okay with the whole trans thing. Pretty comfortable with it and all that, but I have to agree that it absolutely IS a lot of garbage to let people so young do something like that. You can't even legally get a tattoo until you're 18 or 21 in the vast majority of places, but you can decide to change your entire gender?

Hormone blockers are temporary.

Unless, by choice to continue.

No.

Hormone therapy (especially at such a young age) can cause permanent changes in brain chemistry. I just don't agree with it. Foot down. It is irresponsible.

There is an impetus in mental health to classify gender identity issues in such a way as to make sure that these therapies and surgeries are covered by insurance. Compassion and tolerance are certainly a component, but there is a money incentive here that is a driver to this that is worrisome. Social acceptance is great, you add money into the mix and you are just flat going to get some mixed up people that are hurt by mental health professionals that may mean well, but aren't taking into account how the monetary factors are effecting that social acceptance.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

People are just as susceptible to endocrine disruptor damage now as they were in 2013 and 2002.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Endocrine damage was done to those girls environmentally, in utero. The quote also says about endocrine damage in children.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Ok, that is a valid point. You can't predict how someone will interact with 100% of the population, hence why the anti-vaxxer debate exists.

No, you can't even begin to talk about safety because it would be unethical to do double blinded placebo controlled trials in healthy kids. The data we do have, from adults and kids with precocious puberty, is that there are indeed potential adverse effects.
edit on 9-6-2015 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: wmd_2008

Once they have reached 16 years old, children are given two options: To halt the hormone blockers - causing them to stay the same gender - or to take 'cross-sex' hormones, which change their body to the opposite gender.

Where is your link to this claim?

There is so much misinformation, it is crucial to follow up on the source of any claim.

edit on 9-6-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Im all for the right to change sex. You guys make this sound like an epidemic. No these kids and families have to under lots of tests and see a shrink to determin if they are capable to coup with the change.

How ever i do have a problem with when they start this transition. From what i understand is tgat you cant get the surgery untill they are 18 and proven mentally fit to do so. So what is the rush? Wait till they are 16. If they aer old enough to drive a guided missile down the road then they should be able to make the choice of gender change then

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd

Im all for the right to change sex. You guys make this sound like an epidemic. No these kids and families have to under lots of tests and see a shrink to determin if they are capable to coup with the change.

How ever i do have a problem with when they start this transition. From what i understand is tgat you cant get the surgery untill they are 18 and proven mentally fit to do so. So what is the rush? Wait till they are 16. If they aer old enough to drive a guided missile down the road then they should be able to make the choice of gender change then

For personal reasons, I'm a huge trans advocate but I would error on the side of caution with this one. People don't understand that secondary sexual traits continue to develop until about 25 so starting blockers a couple years into puberty isn't going to ruin your chances of passing as an adult.

My child and their medical team would have to be very confident about it for me to consider blockers at 12. The only reason I would agree to it, ever, is because it's not irreversible and it will give the child a few years to really mull it over. If a person lives their life as trans for a couple of years and still needs to do it after all the bullying and prejudice involved, then you know it's not a "phase". If it's a "phase", any person considering a transition will quickly change their mind after living that way for a while. It's not an easy life but it's better than dysphoria. Most things are, really.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Jack Drescher again -- commenting on the Dutch study of 55 Transgender youths. 9/11/2014

As with other LGBTQ youth, a major factor in the success of the youth in this study was family support. As Dr. Jack Drescher – a clinical psychiatrist specializing in gender and sexuality and a Distinguished Fellow of the American Psychiatric Association – explains, “The researchers believe that early medical intervention was not the only factor determining a successful outcome. They also credit their ‘comprehensive multidisciplinary approach’ and ‘a supportive environment’ as vital to helping these youngsters. Studies like this one offer greater hope for transgender adolescents in the future.”

www.hrc.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: snypwsd
So what is the rush? Wait till they are 16. If they aer old enough to drive a guided missile down the road then they should be able to make the choice of gender change then

As Leelah said: I don't want to look like a man in a dress.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What a wet sack of spuds-This is a very bad idea.

Children need to experience puberty their own way, those few years of your life define you and Doctor strange wants to impede that growth progress. It has been made clear that children are just a control group for these "doctors" who feed children drugs to test their effectiveness, now it's reached a new low.

These shock docs need to be called out-kids are the new guinea pigs and any doctor that is caught 'persuading' parents into radical treatments should have the book thrown at them, let the kids mature to the point where they can make there own independent choices.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join