It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run-in with Bad Cop still affecting us. PLEASE HELP!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Her insurance company doesn't have an app she could have downloaded in the MVA?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Getting proof of insurance is easy, all she has to do is call her insurance company and ask them to either email her a copy, then print it, or have them fax it to the dmv if the dmv is requiring proof. Hope that helps, good luck to you both!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Quite a few cops are in the uniform for the whole ego trip that comes with the badge. Its sucks legal advise is so expensive, but lawyers are the only means of competing in the courts racket, you can go pro se or pro per(?) but that takes some research/experience. Please remember if you do record anthing (you can always post on YouTube), check with your state's laws. It may not be admissible in court if your evidence is contrary to the local statutes. If you do set this guy up do it in a public place...I.e public park; it could also be a violation if done in/on "private" property.

GOOD LUCK!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: VoidHawk

It's a one day class where you learn about the laws and stuff about driving. It keeps the negative points off your record when you get a ticket.

It's another way for them to get money. But it's helpful for the driver too because it allows them some degree of keeping it off their record.

Yes, and I always thought it was optional!

But the judge said he would not lift the warrant unless she completed traffic school within 2 weeks. This is a 3-year old speeding ticket we're talking about -__- ...that was handled 3 years ago.

edit on 8-6-2015 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

File a complaint...there is a good chance if hes an asshole in the public eye hes an asshole to his coworkers...they may just be waiting to fire someone like that. Then if that doesn't work go public....go to the press...find some small local newspaper in the area or some blogger who will write it up. You have 2 witnesses...you and your gf.

We just had a police officer in town get fired for something similar--except he was blackmailing for oral sex

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
You don't need your license only the number.

Yeah. We checked 2 online courses but they both (obviously) required the license #. Then we were kind of confused as to how to find out what that number is exactly. Either way, she needs a license because driving without one is no good!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Most insurance companies are online and you can get a copy of your proof either through their website or their app.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Why are you not going over his head to HIS supervisor, Mayor, Chief of Police, State Police, Internal Affairs?????

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I apologize if I sound rude -

Police NEED either probable cause or reasonable suspicion to stop and run you In the first place.- if they don't have that it's a violation of your 4th amendment - please answer why the cop ran your friend.
*note - if he was being "friendly" and asked to do all that - perfectly legal, but you can argue you felt coerced and/or didn't feel like you had a choice due to the way he was engaging you and your friend.

You stated you didn't know what station they were taking her to - was this county, state or local police?

Your story makes zero sense, especially from the "judge wouldn't lift the warrant" comment.

Warrants are placed when someone doesn't meet the conditions of a set criteria. Your girl went to court, proved she paid the fine and were re-embursed. Warrants are issued for people that don't show up to court, don't pay fines and a miriad of other reasons, but they are not "left open" once someone had been back I'm the system.- ie arrested, pays a fine, shows up to court.

Again, sorry I I come off rude, but I feel like you are leaving out crucial parts of the situation, and that doesn't help us help you resolve this situation if in fact you are dealing with a corrupt system.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Sounds like 100% BS to me. Nice try though.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

i think it is a little like our speed awareness coarse here in the uk when you are caught speeding .

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lurker1
Sounds like 100% BS to me. Nice try though.

Haha ok. Everyone has the right to play the role of the staunch, Doubting Thomas. It pains me none whatsoever. Have a ball

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable2027

Trust me, I'm as confused as you are on some points--especially the part about the warrant, and the need to see proof of traffic school.

I think it's funny that people are trying to "poke holes" in my story; considering that's it's a very practical and down-to-earth claim--we're not talking aliens and illuminati here.

Anyway, I mostly came here to vent, not to convince anyone that this actually happened to me.

This is the RANT forum. What the hell do I care if anyone believes me or not?

a reply to:

Shamrock6
I got some good advice from Shamrock though. Thanks for the objective view, useful insight, and willingness to be helpful. Good on ya!

edit on 9-6-2015 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I'm not sure if complaining will escalate the issue TBH so I would be torn on what to do.
What I would do...maybe wrong,
Firstly, I'd ask another cop on the site for advice.
Just go online and print the policy that part is simple.
Secondly get her test done and that stuff out of the way, after the judge issues the release, then make an official complaint. AFTER.
Maybe copy in the editor of your paper on the issue. Once media is involved they may have to stay clear of you.
Or just do nothing and hope it goes away.

But it is a scary situation. Sorry NB! But I am happy you have a new gal

ETA start a paper trail...always come down to that.

edit on 9-6-2015 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Why didnt she just get proof of insurance from her insurance? They will have it to you same day.

I had an ex hit on by a cop who followed her to walmart and waited outside near her car the whole time she shopped.
Also she shouldnt have gone with those cops. You should have called 911 and reported it and stated she didnt feel comfortable being taken to jail by cops who were openly hutting on her. Cops can get a little rapey.
edit on 10-6-2015 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join