It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run-in with Bad Cop still affecting us. PLEASE HELP!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Hi ATS. I need advice. Thanks in advance.

Here's what happened: Bad Cop decided to hit on my girlfriend while we were sitting in her car in a public park. First off, she's a knockout and people flirt with her everywhere! We were just starting to date about 6 weeks ago when this happened.

So Bad Cop asks her to step out, while his buddy cop told me to stay seated in the car and stood by outside my window watching me. Bad Cop takes her over to his patrol car and was asking her questions, flirting with her, asking who that guy in the car is (me,) is she single etc. etc. etc. Totally unethical questions--but then he asks if she'd like to have a date with him sometime. She is saying, "No! No! No!" all the while.

So he runs our licenses, and apparently she had an outstanding warrant for a speeding ticket (which she paid AND had the receipt for, but didn't have in her vehicle at the time.) He asked her one more time, "Will you have coffee with me after my shift?"

She said, "No! I want nothing to do with you!"

He said, "Okay, then you're going to jail!"

They took her to jail. At first, they wouldn't even tell me which station they were taking her to. I went and bailed her out for $500.00 (most expensive date I ever had!) He stole her license AND her proof of insurance when he first started hassling us--again, blackmailing her saying, "I will give these back if you give me your phone number and meet me for coffee."

God love her! She still said, "No way, Jack!" in the face of all these threats.

So she went to court, proved she paid the ticket, and we were reimbursed for the bail money, BUT the judge would not lift the warrant until she can prove she did some traffic school (because they had no record of it..how convenient -__-) --he left the case open for 2 more weeks.

Here's the crux of the problem: She's driving without a license all this time, Judge wrote her an order for the DMV to issue a new license, but they can't give a license without her proof of insurance (remember, Bad Cop stole that too in hopes she would call in desperation to get it back--and even gave her his card for this purpose,) and she can't enroll in any traffic schools without a license #.

I suggested she call Bad Cop and meet in a public place and I will go with her--she absolutely does not want to see him again, and I don't blame her.

Good lord! Bad Cop sure screwed her over pretty good, all because his pride was wounded by a beautiful, loyal woman.

We're not quite sure what to do at this point...time is running short. Last monday we went to DMV and they wouldn't issue a license without court order, this monday they will not issue a license without proof of insurance (even thought we have the Judge's order now.)

The warrant is still open, she can't enroll in a traffic school, and she can't get a license. The penalties and fines are just going to keep accumulating

This is awful and I am so frustrated with this stupid, horny cop that has nothing better to do than scope out the park and threaten people with jail time in exchange for dates. To protect and serve, indeed!

edit on 8-6-2015 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

What state are you in because I've never heard it to be a problem to get a duplicate license without insurance before. My wife just lost hers and got a replacement no problem for 35 bucks.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Send me a u2u

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Are you in America? Does she have her social security card? If so take that and another form of identification (birth certificate, etc) and go to her insurance company to get them to print you proof of insurance.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Uh no, don't deal with that cop. Almost any insurance company can print out the proof of insurance online. If you meet with the cop, he's crossed line into sexual harassment. Film/record conversations and file complaint.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

edit on 8-6-2015 by TNMockingbird because: redundancy

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Dude, that sucks. She could contact her insurance company and have them send proof of insurance. Also, she could contact the police dept. and report him. That might be risky and open things up for further harassment. It's a matter of proof it happened and the whole "why didn't you report it sooner?". But, yeah, have her contact her insurance company and send her proof of insurance. They might even just email it so she can print it out. Not sure how hers works but I'd get mine every time I paid.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:36 PM
link   
To everyone saying "contact the insurance agent and get a copy of the proof.."

Yeah, we're heading that route. The thing that has us worried is that time is running out. We only have sundays and mondays off together. And the last 2 mondays we spent all our day running between courthouses and DMV etc. etc.

Basically, if she doesn't get her license today (which is not going to happen,) we're just not sure how to get that traffic school certificate to the Judge on time.

It's just...extraordinarily frustrating. I am just so livid with how Bad Cop is still causing us problems over a month later. She has been driving without a license all this time.

edit on 8-6-2015 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Try contacting a lawyer then and get some legal advice on your options.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
To everyone saying "contact the insurance agent and get a copy of the proof.."

Yeah, we're heading that route. The thing that has us worried is that time is running out. We only have sundays and mondays off together. And the last 2 mondays we spent all our day running between courthouses and DMV etc. etc.

Basically, if she doesn't get her license today (which is not going to happen,) we're just not sure how to get that traffic school certificate to the Judge on time.

It's just...extraordinarily frustrating. I am just so livid with how Bad Cop is still causing us problems over a month later. She has been driving without a license all this time.

Take Traffic School Online.

I used to own one. You don't need your license only the number.

It's an instant certificate.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
This is why everyone should record anything todo with the cops or ANY official.

Camera on - Check. Now we can talk.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere

So what is traffic school? I'm in the uk, havent heard of it.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: VoidHawk

It's a one day class where you learn about the laws and stuff about driving. It keeps the negative points off your record when you get a ticket.

It's another way for them to get money. But it's helpful for the driver too because it allows them some degree of keeping it off their record.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Thanks

Probably helps keep insurance cost down too.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

File a complaint...there is a good chance if hes an asshole in the public eye hes an asshole to his coworkers...they may just be waiting to fire someone like that. Then if that doesn't work go public....go to the press...find some small local newspaper in the area or some blogger who will write it up. You have 2 witnesses...you and your gf.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I can understand your frustration, as well as your girlfriends.

All she needs to do for proof of insurance is to contact her insurance company. They can fax or email proof of coverage.

That should help with part of the problem.

My bad...just saw your reply about the proof of insurance.

Can she find someone to give her a ride to places until this is resolved? This sicko obviously has all her info so, it wouldn't be much of a surprise if he didn't target her to make sure she gets into more trouble. She made it clear that she wants nothing to do with him so....ego and all... hurt feelings.

I wouldn't be surprised.
edit on 8-6-2015 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

One, she should be able to get proof of insurance from her insurance company. With mine, I can print the little card online. That is the easy part.

Two, an Internal Affairs complaint is warranted. Was one made at the time If so, great. If not, why not??

The judge should not legally be able to require traffic school for a ticket she proved that she paid. That should be appealed. The cop seriously needs to be investigated. Do they have dash cams? If so, that's evidence. In any case, you likely want a lawyer. If this guy did that with her, it isn't the first time he's done it, and there could well be other complaints. Get some legal help, file that IA complaint if you haven't, and go from there. Record ANY dealings with the cops while this is going on, and have witnesses if possible. Some wouldn't be above harassment for going after "one of their own".

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Check your inbox, I responded.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:06 PM
link   
online traffic school, or go rent the video class. You might can check it out at your local library, you have to have phone acess to call in for the test. No phone get a google phone number for free.

Amazon or a local spy shop you could find a small discrete camera she could wear (with you close by) it wouldn't be long that she could have him in an actionable position, not that he hasn't already crossed the line... Put out the noose and let him hang himself. Then sue the pants of everybody and be set up well for the rest of your lives... just spitballin here, im sure Shamrock can get you the most sound advice avaliable here

edit on 8-6-2015 by wastedown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Sounds like something you could file a complaint for.
He's keeping her license, and proof of insurance for no real reason.
Go to his superiors.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join