It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop saying lurking!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I wonder if I'm paranoid....(Hi Ur1!)

Well, so much for makin good first impressions.

I managed to slip on a skid mark while chasing a tiger by its tail, trip over a guy habitually sitting on the top step in the shallow end, piss off the poor and god-like aliens here for their daily siesta, dissapoint the old school, fire up silent elementary breezzes and land on an old weather beaten creepy crawler carpet raft.

Now that's is a fun day at summer camp!

Hmmm...I wonder if I'm wet enough now.

PS - How did you know I was related to Shia?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

I was a dedicated lurker for many years. Then I became less of a lurker. Then I stopped lurking altogether and started twerking! Now I jerk and twerk instead of lurk.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Would you prefer the term "looky-loo?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:45 PM
link   

*goes back into lurk mode*

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   

I used to be a Lurker....

for Information....

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

The thesaurus offers crook,burglar,housebreaker,robber,pillferer etc. Lurker is not sounding too bad now.

Hahahahahaaa yes, I was unable to find anything that didn't sound completely illegal or just plain scary
Other options were loiterer, stalker, creeper, peeping Tom (my personal favorite), moocher, slinker, snoop, sneak, snake...oh my...

No matter what way you slice it that cake is moldy. That being said. Oh wait no not that being said. And so it begins, I mean no not that either what say you ATS? Just to mention a few of my own pet peeves.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Urantia1111

I agree with you on that. That being said, I'll go annoy someone else.

I like your avatar, by the way. Is that a roach crawling out of the eye?

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   

You just had to have known that people would tease you for your rant. Funny stuff so far. I hope you have a good sense of humor.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
A lady never lurks, but reads secretly in the dark, flirting with the idea of posting.
In the midst of murky words, a joke, a quirk in her brow as she smirks, but no, a lady never ever "lurks."

- AB

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

I would suggest www.thesaurus.com

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: tigertatzen

My vote is for loiterer or peeping Tom or slinker! Be the change ATS! Be the change!

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ultralight

Would you prefer the term "looky-loo?
cute is always good.

posted on Jun, 8 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   

So...are you saying that the (former lurkers) are part of the (ATS Borg)...the (lurker collective)?

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Erm.. uh

Well this is awkward..

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Lurkenstein

I was going through the myATS section and saw your name on here. I almost sprayed coffee all over my screen. That's perfect. Your reply to the OP, hilarious. Thanks for making my day.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

My vote is for loiterer or peeping Tom or slinker! Be the change ATS! Be the change!

Right? And bonus points if their name really is Tom

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: AutumnWitch657

No matter what way you slice it that cake is moldy. That being said. Oh wait no not that being said. And so it begins, I mean no not that either what say you ATS? Just to mention a few of my own pet peeves.

"What say you ATS" is, I am convinced, a trap. Maybe it's just me, but it seems that almost every thread that starts out with that question should actually start out with "Here's what I want you to say ATS" instead, so we know to skip that one.

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Lurkenstein

Erm.. uh

Well this is awkward..

I almost choked to death from aspirating my coffee when I saw that. Not even kidding. That was awesome, lol

posted on Jun, 9 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   
I went a few years without posting, though I would log in and browse. Essentially, I was lurking. And before then I was truly lurking. I found ATS in 1999 when it was more of an informational site. I think they had a BBS then too. But I didn't fully join until 2004.

Having said that, I don't see a problem with the word.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join